login

Author Topic: PUN FUN! [And Other Wordplay]  (Read 5589 times)

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4925
Re: PUN FUN! [And Other Wordplay]
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2011, 02:54:06 AM »
I just watched Harryhausen's 'Mysterious Island' again.  I gotta' say, some of those scenes are SO stressful!  I mean, every time the scene comes on where the bee seals the young couple in the wax, I get hives!
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline mike5150

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 312
  • I used to be cool dag nabbit!
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2011, 08:35:30 AM »
Somebody comes up to me, says "I just saw two ducks in that fountain".
"Impossible" I snort back.
"What? Why?"
"It's a total pair-a-ducks!"
I actually heard there were 3 ducks, but one of them were kicked out for making bad duck puns and nobody likes a wise-quacker.

spaceforarent

« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2011, 12:18:32 PM »
"What? Why?"
I actually heard there were 3 ducks, but one of them were kicked out for making bad duck puns and nobody likes a wise-quacker.
I was wondering when you'd show up in here.

Offline mike5150

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 312
  • I used to be cool dag nabbit!
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2011, 05:58:53 PM »
"What? Why?"
I was wondering when you'd show up in here.
Don't you mean.....PUNdering? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA aaaaahhhhh. wait. That may not be funny at all. I'm gonna have to get back to you.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2011, 05:54:12 PM »
Here's an idea I just had for a cartoon (I thought of it originally for a tee-shirt design):

Emperor Palpatine, Darth Sidious, Darth Maul, and Darth Vader are hanging around in a Laundromat in their skivvies.  Both Sidious and Vader are standing, both in boxers.  Darth Maul is sitting on one of the machines and has little red hearts on his briefs.  Palpatine [also boxers] would be sitting in the main focal point of the picture.  Beside them are two full baskets of clothing, and one empty basket.  The two full ones clearly contain whites in one and bright colors in the other.  They all look - at best - bored... Darth Sidious is checking his watch, with one hand, Palpatine is 1/2-heartedly thumbing through a magazine on a rickety little table (possibly something like 'Cat Fancy').

The title underneath is:  "Dark Load of the Sith"
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline daltysmilth

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 45
  • This is MY Enterprise. Eat it, Abrams!
    • My Space
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2011, 08:58:30 PM »
Here's an idea I just had for a cartoon (I thought of it originally for a tee-shirt design):

Emperor Palpatine, Darth Sidious, Darth Maul, and Darth Vader are hanging around in a Laundromat in their skivvies.  Both Sidious and Vader are standing, both in boxers.  Darth Maul is sitting on one of the machines and has little red hearts on his briefs.  Palpatine [also boxers] would be sitting in the main focal point of the picture.  Beside them are two full baskets of clothing, and one empty basket.  The two full ones clearly contain whites in one and bright colors in the other.  They all look - at best - bored... Darth Sidious is checking his watch, with one hand, Palpatine is 1/2-heartedly thumbing through a magazine on a rickety little table (possibly something like 'Cat Fancy').

That pun is a load of sith.  You just had to force it on us, didn't you?

Seriously,though, that was a good one.
CROW:  (Sinisterly) The Secret Government Eggo Project...
--Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie

"Jason, Chess is a game of chance."
-- My friend Shawn to my friend Jason upon being defeated at a game of Chess.

http://gh.ffshrine.org?r=112104

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2011, 09:33:16 PM »

That pun is a load of sith.  You just had to force it on us, didn't you?

Seriously,though, that was a good one.

Yeah, I like it. And it doesn't even rip off a Ziggy.

Oh crap, I just realized this a pun game thread. I'm terrible at puns! Uh, something, something, something, pun. Something, something, something, complete.
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2011, 07:29:01 PM »
Uh, something, something, something, pun. Something, something, something, complete.

:D

With the response I got here, maybe I should invest the multiple hours it would take to get that 'just right' and try submitting it to a tee-shirt company [e.g. teefury, woot, or threadless].

But then again, if the Emperor got a hold of one, the sith would really hit the fan for me!

Offline Starman!

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 359
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2011, 05:45:36 PM »
Lady GaGa needs to get off The Edge.

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5870
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2011, 06:46:50 AM »
Lady GaGa needs to get off The Edge.
Ew.  Forever.

spaceforarent

« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2011, 07:09:30 PM »
Did you hear about John Doe's son? He was out riding his bike when there was an accident involving a pharmaceutical truck, spilling its contents all over him.

The headlines read: Pills Bury Doe Boy.

I can't take credit for that one, a friend said it years ago. 

Offline daltysmilth

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 45
  • This is MY Enterprise. Eat it, Abrams!
    • My Space
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2011, 09:04:05 PM »
That's not funny!  I heard he swallowed so many of the pills that it paralyzed the entire left side of his body!  But thank God, he's all right now.
CROW:  (Sinisterly) The Secret Government Eggo Project...
--Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie

"Jason, Chess is a game of chance."
-- My friend Shawn to my friend Jason upon being defeated at a game of Chess.

http://gh.ffshrine.org?r=112104

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2054
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2011, 02:38:56 PM »
this thread should be renamed, Mike5150:  The thread

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1516
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2011, 04:49:13 PM »
this thread should be renamed, Mike5150:  The thread

I miss him on FB. Darn kids.

shodan

« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2011, 03:43:57 PM »
Steve Jobs jokes are popping up already: they say that your life flashes before your eyes before you die. that didn't happen with Jobs though because apple doesn't support flash.