login

Author Topic: Would you buy MST3K: Episode Guide volume 2?  (Read 5127 times)

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 3
  • May the Porkins be with you.
Re: Would you buy MST3K: Episode Guide volume 2?
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2007, 10:00:38 PM »
The 20th century thing was meant to be sarcastic, in case it doesn't come through. I love books - I can't drag my PC into the bathroom with me. Imagine my post count if I could...

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 755
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2007, 10:00:35 AM »
  You can't get your computer screen autographed.  At the 1996 convention, I got signatures in the episode guide from Mike, Kevin, Trace, Mary Jo and Bridget.  Now I have to settle for Mike's on the new Legend releases  and I doubt he's wearing a big Cat in the Hat hat while he's signing them.

I got those as well as Kim Catrall's in my book. Kevin drew a goatee on Mike's picture in my book. 
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline starfighter

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2007, 11:37:46 AM »
   Sharktopus, my apologies.
   MrTorso, I wish I had your patience. I was on the wrong side of the room to get a quick spot in line for the celebs autographs.
    I had to get Bridget's autograph on the 12 to the Moon page, but everybody else signed on the 'about the authors" pages.  Since they all posed with the same dog, which turned out to be Kevin's Humphrey,  I asked them all to write in their name for the dog.  Mary Jo was the only one who made a point of telling me that it was the same dog.  She and Paul both named him "Spot", Trace called him "Poopie", Jim Mallon chose "Dog" and Michael picked "Weed."  Hate to realize that 10 years later, there's a good chance he's gone to doggie heaven.
    Also found my source for all the episodes I hadn't seen at the con and spent the next year or so trading comics, copies of anime and cash to get caught up on the show.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 755
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2007, 11:56:08 AM »
   MrTorso, I wish I had your patience. I was on the wrong side of the room to get a quick spot in line for the celebs autographs.

We got there 4 hours early so we could get good seats. Trace walked by us... there were a total of 4 people waiting including us..he looked at his watch and then shook his head and kept on walking.  The coolest autograph for me was getting Russel Johnson's he brought his own stack of 8x10s of him as the Professor. He signed mine: 'To Ian, Love Russell Johnson" heh heh.

I had to get Bridget's autograph on the 12 to the Moon page, but everybody else signed on the 'about the authors" pages.  Since they all posed with the same dog, which turned out to be Kevin's Humphrey,  I asked them all to write in their name for the dog.  Mary Jo was the only one who made a point of telling me that it was the same dog.  She and Paul both named him "Spot", Trace called him "Poopie", Jim Mallon chose "Dog" and Michael picked "Weed."  Hate to realize that 10 years later, there's a good chance he's gone to doggie heaven.

I had Trace sign the prologue page right next to the close up of him. I had Mary-jo sign next to the pic of her as Pearl at the end of her preface. Jim Mallon signed his introduction page. I had Paul Chaplin sign the season 3 intro. Kim Catrall signed the City Limits page. I had Bridget sign 12 to the moon too. Mike and Kevin signed the full page pic of Mike and Servo in the Appendix 2.

Also found my source for all the episodes I hadn't seen at the con and spent the next year or so trading comics, copies of anime and cash to get caught up on the show.

Me too! In fact he is now making DVDs and I am going back and replacing his tapes with his DVDs.

Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline AmazingThor

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 14
  • Spam fed the Russian army
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2007, 06:16:24 AM »
   Sharktopus, my apologies.

The dog may be dead, but he did make an appearance on a Sci-Fi episode. Bobo is sent to find a wolf for an experiment and instead he brings in the cockerspaniel.

Offline hare.29

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2007, 02:35:34 AM »
I'd be happy to purchase ACEG part 2 (electric bugaloo on ice). Flipping through the book when in search of an episode to watch is much easier than flipping through mst3k.com.

Offline Parturition Squeeze

• Sparkles in Sunlight
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2007, 08:39:19 AM »
Yes, I would buy the 2nd edition...  Hell, I'd buy official "MST3K" asbestos if they put it out.
Second.
Towel, please.

Offline Axeman

• Sparkles in Sunlight
    • Axemans 3D Homepage
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2007, 05:51:02 AM »
Moi aussi. I have the first book but felt a bit lost when it ended at season 7, and it could have been a tad more in-depth.  A new version with all the episodes and a few more insights would be on shopping list for sure.
www.axeman3d.com for all your poor-qaulity CGI model needs.

Offline MSTJedi

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 604
  • In a not too distant future far, far away. . . .
    • Facebook
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2007, 11:20:47 PM »
Yes, I would buy the 2nd edition...  Hell, I'd buy official "MST3K" asbestos if they put it out.

I second that emotion. My original is getting a little worn, anyway. It's still almost pristine in the quality of the pages, but the binding's coming loose for some reason.

As for printing out the guides available online, I did that a while back . . . but heck if I know where I put it. Still have it on my computer as a Word document, though.

Offline griffinmills

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2007, 02:26:52 PM »
The 20th century thing was meant to be sarcastic, in case it doesn't come through. I love books - I can't drag my PC into the bathroom with me. Imagine my post count if I could...

Get a laptop already man, don't deprive us!

Sign me up for a 2nd edition please.