login

Author Topic: want me to twink your toon?  (Read 3200 times)

Offline Cibernético II

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 0
  • Vadinho says: YOU are the Pumaman.
    • My Space
want me to twink your toon?
« on: February 11, 2007, 06:47:22 PM »
alright, where's the WoW people out there? there has to be at least one of you

I just got Burnging Crusade but Im not over level 60 to see alot of the new stuff
I really do like pie.

Offline Sinflux

• Sparkles in Sunlight
    • Sinflux Clothing
Re: want me to twink your toon?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2007, 04:50:01 PM »
sadly, I am.  I honestly hate the game (it's boring as hell, there's no skill required and I don't want to socialize when I'm playing a game), but I can't stop playing (5+ hours a day).  I'm hoping I'll get tired of it when I get to level 70.
Nicolas Cage is .... FU MANCHU!!

www.sinflux.com  Cool clothes for cool people *double thumbs up*

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 850
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2007, 05:16:22 PM »
So just how offensive was that South Park episode to WOW players?

Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline La De Da

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Spy sappn' my smile.
    • The Wooden Nut
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2007, 08:44:06 PM »
From what I have experience on WoW, take off around 15 years and it should be about right.

I'm a City of Heroes player myself.  My brother plays it, but after level 10, there was way too much focus on teaming up.  Good for getting though a tough dungeon, bad if you like to do things your way.

Offline ChrisHanel

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2007, 04:24:08 AM »
I have a 65 Mage on Spirestone that i haven't touched that much in the last week or two. My wife plays more than I do, she has a 68 Shadow Priest.

Offline Cibernético II

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Vadinho says: YOU are the Pumaman.
    • My Space
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2007, 07:25:52 AM »
I forgot about this thread, nobody posted in it for so long.

I've never seen the South Park episode because I loathe South Park, no matter what they're trying to make fun of.

Me, I love the socializing aspect of WoW, that's pretty much why haven't played any other video games in weeks. There are just so many opportunities for jokes, funny situations, making fun of complete strangers, (or helping out complete strangers), and general wackiness. After playing WoW, trying to play a one player RPG seem really lonely and odd knowing that every character on the screen is just computer simulation.

My main is a level 32 troll hunter on Fenris, which is where my guild is too.

I disagree about there being no skill. There is alot of skill to have. I think a person can learn alot about economics and managing resources from the game. I can see how some one who's played alot can be jaded and not think about it this, becuase theyre so sick of dying so often, or sick of 12 year old "noobs" or whatever.

In my opinion there's a lot more skill to it than a game like Halo or something, which has a more shallow gameplay and less strategy I think.
I really do like pie.

Offline Brak

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • The Master Would Not Approve!
    • Horrid Coloring Books
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2007, 12:27:09 PM »
I cant stand those Halo players.  A lot of the time i just get schooled all of the time if i play online.  I really loved it when i played Asheron's Call a few years back with my uncles.  Of course there were those little 12 year olds that thought it was way cool that they could get away with swearing about who knows what and would finish off your kill just so that they could get xp (they hadn't fixed a lot of things then) But my favorite part was the socialization and the intereaction with other people.  I loved helping other people with quests and giving new people items that they might need to help them start out right.  I still like regualr RPG's. Oblivion is still a lot of fun for me. Quests are my thing i think.

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2007, 02:43:50 PM »
In my opinion there's a lot more skill to it than a game like Halo or something, which has a more shallow gameplay and less strategy I think.

nah not really, youd know that if you seen about 8 guys in the military lan up 4 xboxs and try to take another 8 guys flag.  Theres a crap load of strat, but its like anything else even wow, if you dont know what your looking for then you wont know its there. 

one peice of information about a game like halo, never let your self find your self in a situation where you are out gunned. 

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1009
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2007, 02:53:18 PM »
So just how offensive was that South Park episode to WOW players?

Actually, most WoW players that I know loved that episode. I especially enjoyed the people jumping around in the background. It was a nice touch that showed that someone had familiarity with the game.

As for me, I took about a year off from playing WoW, but I came back when Burning Crusade came out. Stupid expansion pack... My old characters are still there, but I'm playing with the new stuff. And La, I keep popping back to CoH and CoV myself. I've only gotten 2 characters above 20, but I have a bus-full of alts below 20.

Offline The Tick

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2007, 03:00:03 PM »
i dont know why but i just didnt get into the game, ive played a few diffrent times just to try it out but it just wasent fun, but i do know some people who are in love with the game i mean my neighbors son dropped out of school to play the game, but to me, its boring.
Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

Offline Sinflux

• Sparkles in Sunlight
    • Sinflux Clothing
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2007, 03:40:18 PM »
I forgot about this thread, nobody posted in it for so long.

I've never seen the South Park episode because I loathe South Park, no matter what they're trying to make fun of.

Me, I love the socializing aspect of WoW, that's pretty much why haven't played any other video games in weeks. There are just so many opportunities for jokes, funny situations, making fun of complete strangers, (or helping out complete strangers), and general wackiness. After playing WoW, trying to play a one player RPG seem really lonely and odd knowing that every character on the screen is just computer simulation.

My main is a level 32 troll hunter on Fenris, which is where my guild is too.

I disagree about there being no skill. There is alot of skill to have. I think a person can learn alot about economics and managing resources from the game. I can see how some one who's played alot can be jaded and not think about it this, becuase theyre so sick of dying so often, or sick of 12 year old "noobs" or whatever.

I agree about the halo thing, which is why I can't stand most first person shooters.  Still, WoW has a lot less strategic gameplay than say ... Zelda.

I have a level 26 night elf rogue and a level 35 undead warlock (main) and I've been playing under a month (no, I'm not unemployed :p)
Nicolas Cage is .... FU MANCHU!!

www.sinflux.com  Cool clothes for cool people *double thumbs up*

Offline Rude

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 3
  • Forum Czar
Keep your twink the hell away from me~
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2007, 03:50:45 PM »

Just kinda' off topic for a second here: Can we never use the word "twink" in another topic ever again... please?

Thanx~
-Rude
"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."<a href="http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3</a>

Offline SmilinJackRoss

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 5
    • Heated Seats iRiffs
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2007, 10:33:21 PM »
I played WoW for about 6 weeks, until I realized that it was a giant waste of my time.  I was instantly addicted when i first got it, playing like 5 hours a day, and the first 20 levels or so were really fun.  But eventually I found myself running half way across the globe to pick up a letter, only to have to travel right back to where I was, where I would be given a magical stick or something, which needed to be dropped off RIGHT BACK WHERE I CAME FROM.  I spent hours running, and running, and running.  I evenually got my character to level 28 before I was completely lost in the game, ending up in maps where everything was either way too easy or impossibly hard.  On top of all that, I had little knowledge of all the shorthand that everyone used in the game, and had no idea what people were asking/telling me most of the time.
Heated Seats iRiffs: Touched by an Angel | Marked for Death | Runaway | Heated Shorts (shorts collection)

Offline Melvis

• Blue Beer Drinker
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2007, 08:07:13 AM »
I have a love/hate relationship with WoW, I'll play it for a few months, then drop it like a bad habit.  Pretty much like smoking, if I get too stressed out, I shut my brain off and play for 5 hours.

Comparing WoW to Halo, that's kinda like comparing Law & Order to The State, they may be the same media, but they're a million miles away from each other.