Author Topic: That One Little Girl's 'Pony' Cartoon that's Slowly Devouring the Internet  (Read 102812 times)

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2386
    • Ronin Fox Trax
Missed that part, will have to watch again staring at the background now, which is funny for an episode full of pulling the background forward.
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 1185
Speaking of the Lebowski Ponies.  I can't believe they did this.

Offline Relaxing Dragon

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1218
  • I raise my eyebrow at you, sir.
All after the Doctor failed to pick up the spare (much like how Donny's final frame was him not getting a strike).

soguru

Just imagine Nicholas Cage screaming "I'm a vampire! I'm a vampire" but then replace the word Vampire with Brony and change the context of the situation to that contained within the movie said quote comes from.

Online MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2657
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
So season 5 is now on Netflix.

Binge watched the entire season this evening.

I liked every episode, not sure if any really stand out, but I didn't think any were boring. 

I was wondering where the yak episode was going until they found Pinky's basement.

Really thought that villainess from the first episodes would show up again, maybe she will be like Trixie and show up next season.

The title of the last one had me thinking how were they going to do a Blade Runner type thing with ponies, but it went a different direction.

Offline anais.butterfly

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1382
  • Monkey Brains!
So season 5 is now on Netflix.

Yup! My niece is coming over for a sleepover tonight, and we shall watch all the ponies!!!!*

*Until I fall asleep and then, several hours later, she falls asleep.
Anais is the Coolest Butterfly I know  ;D

Online MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
You know, the last 2 episodes are ones I've been waiting for since Luna Eclipsed.

People blow off that episode but if you look closer you see Twilight seeing her own past in Luna, and Luna trying to distance herself from her own past.  And we finally get episodes dealing with both those issues.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 1185
It was a pretty good episode, but it felt very incomplete without Celestia in the episode. She's the one Luna hurt the most.  The director mentioned on Twitter that she should have been in the episode, but the episode was already crammed full.  I think they could have ditched some of the dream shenanigans to get the story to work better by including Celestia.  Didn't ruin the episode for me, but I think it certainly puts it in the "missed opportunity" category.

Online MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
All the ways I can think of to bring Celestia into the story would add probably 5 minutes, not sure where in the episode you could cut that much out.  Also having Celestia in Luna's dream would bring the guilt factor way up at the start, upsetting the "small monster get's bigger" part of the story.

Offline anais.butterfly

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1382
  • Monkey Brains!
Re: That One Little Girl's 'Pony' Cartoon that's Slowly Devouring the Internet
« Reply #774 on: August 01, 2015, 05:48:12 AM »
For some reason my niece stayed up until 2am (I am going to get in soooo much trouble for that) watching all the episodes she had already seen instead of the new ones.

Children are weird.
Anais is the Coolest Butterfly I know  ;D

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #775 on: December 25, 2015, 06:07:21 PM »
So it seems my Sister in law and her husband were at a comic-con while trying to come up with a gift for me. While there they met one of the contributing artists for the MLP comic series and asked if he could do a pony mashup with one of my favorite characters.

The result:

Jokie Pie!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4662
« Reply #776 on: December 25, 2015, 06:42:13 PM »
That is awesome, RoninFox! ;D
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #777 on: December 25, 2015, 06:49:25 PM »
Can't wait to get it framed. Its pretty perfect casting for a mashup. When I opened it my wife asked if I could do a Pinkie line in a Joker voice and in my best Mark Hamill impression I spouted out the "chaos comes with chocolate rain" bit as well as I could remember.

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4662
« Reply #778 on: December 25, 2015, 07:42:57 PM »
Can't wait to get it framed. Its pretty perfect casting for a mashup. When I opened it my wife asked if I could do a Pinkie line in a Joker voice and in my best Mark Hamill impression I spouted out the "chaos comes with chocolate rain" bit as well as I could remember.

;D

And yeah, she's so on edge all the time, all it would take would be "one bad day" and I could see Pinkie Pie going 'round the bend. :D
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Online MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #779 on: January 01, 2016, 01:31:00 PM »
The 2nd half of season 5 is on Netflix now, just finished watching them.

They were all pretty good, very interesting use of time travel at the end.