login

Author Topic: That One Little Girl's 'Pony' Cartoon that's Slowly Devouring the Internet  (Read 102912 times)

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 1185

Online The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 4514
Awhile ago, I actually saw a Father's day card.  With Batman on the front.   By himself.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Not Hurt By Pain

When a crown is stolen from the Crystal Empire, Twilight Sparkle pursues the thief into an alternate world where she transforms into a teenage girl who must survive her biggest challenge yet… high school. With help from her new friends who remind her of Ponyville’s Applejack, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, and Fluttershy, she embarks upon a quest to find the crown and change the destiny of these two parallel worlds.

This has almost no chance of not being the most entertaining thing ever.

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5185
  • Mr. Robot
Assuming it's not being done as a cheap cash-in by another creative team that the company got.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Not Hurt By Pain
It doesn't have to be good, to be entertaining. 

Offline Relaxing Dragon

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1218
  • I raise my eyebrow at you, sir.
Apparently that thing is hitting theaters, too (albeit in a supremely limited fashion). I was very much hoping for a FiM movie to make it to the big screen, if only because that midnight show crowd would likely be a blast, but... not like this.

Not like this.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Not Hurt By Pain
Gentlemen, we're past the looking glass (literally) here.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/c3hBtBibN_M" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/c3hBtBibN_M</a>

I'm... open the possibility that this won't suck.  The FiM crew is confirmed to have worked on it, and Danial Ingram did the music (outside the pop song in the trailer apparently).

Online The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight

From theyetee.com
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 08:15:37 PM by The Lurker »

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5185
  • Mr. Robot
An article about why the aforementioned FiM film should not be released into theatres.

http://www.cracked.com/quick-fixes/why-my-little-pony-about-to-get-even-creepier/

Offline Relaxing Dragon

I trooped out to a theater earlier today to watch Equestria Girls. Sold out show, with the audience almost exactly 50% bronies and 50% small children and parents.

I'm pleased to say the movie is actually pretty solid. The humor and character work of the show is entirely intact (with a bundle of call backs), and it also makes for a good high school movie, something I'm actually a fan of (in that old John Hughes sense). It even manages some legitimate surprises by the end, and somehow finds a way to work within the continuity of the show (more or less, although I've heard they're not counting this as canon for the rest of the show). I was very glad to have watched it, and would like to see it again.

Also, the music is fantastic. For real, I want a soundtrack right now.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Not Hurt By Pain
The bits that have popped up on youtube were nice.  Show that the writing and music is there.  But nothing changes that the character designs are just terrible.  With all the human art out there, you'd think they could have found something more visually appealing.

Offline Relaxing Dragon

I honestly didn't find them that bad. You basically get used to them after a few minutes, helped by the various pony-to-human jokes they make.

Online The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Not Hurt By Pain
Well it's Texas, I guess lies are expected.