Author Topic: That One Little Girl's 'Pony' Cartoon that's Slowly Devouring the Internet  (Read 102926 times)

Offline Asbestos Bill

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 458
  • Are YOU dedoodaydolah?
    • QuipTracks
Dammit. My comic store had 1-3 for a long time, but now they just have about 25 of issue 1 and nothing else... =____=

Offline The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 4514
I wonder how collectible the first run of issue 1 is going to be.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 1185
I wonder how collectible the first run of issue 1 is going to be.
Probably not that much given how big of a print it had.  I imagine you'd have to track down all the variant covers and sell as a set.

Offline The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
I was wondering because of how quickly it sold out.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2386
    • Ronin Fox Trax
A strange rule of thumb when it comes to the collectability of comics.  Issue 2 often becomes more valuable that issue 1.  Issue 1 tends to get a huge printing if the publisher has any faith in the title, and they anticipate a lot of sales to readers AND collectors.  When the sales come in for that issue, they adjust the printing on issue 2 based on those numbers, which means there's usually fewer of them.

This is why you can't find a copy of Howard the Duck #2 for less than $250 even in so-so condition.

You know...in case you ever wondered that in your long searches for Howard the Duck #2.
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline Relaxing Dragon

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1218
  • I raise my eyebrow at you, sir.
In this day and age, I don't see any comics really retaining any kind of real value, because with the exception of those special covers they only made about two dozen of to begin with, they usually make far too many. Especially for this comic, which was very popular from the get-go and is already being purchased (in bulk, basically) by the same people who would theoretically want to pay even more money to buy it again down the line.

Offline The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
Well this is interesting.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Not Hurt By Pain
I love how EQD posts that with the source pretty much being "we saw this on the internet".  It looks nothing like the style that's come from the other EQG art, so I don't think it's real.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2666
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
Season 3 is now on Netflix.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Not Hurt By Pain
The full main cast has been announced for the Japanese dub of the show.  They're going with known Anime actresses.  4 of the mane 6 will be done by relative newcomers, all of whom worked on last year's "Milky Holmes"  Twilight and Fluttershy will be voiced by more veteran VA's who have had sever notable roles over the years.  Surprisingly both Princess Celestia and Spike will be voiced by very prolific VA's Kikuko Inoue (best known for Belldandy on Oh! My Goddess) as Celestia and Motoko Kumai (Syaoran Li in Card Captor Sakura) as Spike. 

Twilight Sparkle:  Miyuki Sawashiro
Fluttershy:  Emri Kato
Rainbow Dash:  Kitta Izumi
Applejack:  Tokui Sora
Pinkie Pie:  Mimori Suzuko
Rarity:  Sasaki Mikoi
Princess Celestia:  Kikuko Inoue
Spike:  Motoko Kumai

And to show that it's like an anime, they're going all out with the Opening and Endings as ways to promote the VA's music releases.  Pinkie Pie's VA will sing the opening, and HKT48 will be using pushing their new album on the super bubbly ending song.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/w9YyfjjNwFY" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/w9YyfjjNwFY</a>

They really are going all out for this show and it seem Hasbro would love to it to succeed there.  It's being shown in a good time slot on TV Tokyo, one of the most popular channels in the country.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 04:02:53 PM by Rainbow Dash »

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 995
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
Oh, you missed the best part. This photo:

Yeah, that's probably the creepiest live representation of cartoon characters I've seen. Oh, wait. No. This is:

That Phineas could be swapped in for Pyramid Head in the next Silent Hill and no one would even notice.

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5185
  • Mr. Robot

That's rather odd.

That's a wide awake nightmare.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Not Hurt By Pain
So the first full length fan episode has been released.  It does not take itself too seriously, but I think it's a fine send up not only to the show but to Faust herself.  Writing could have used some polish, first act drags a bit, but it was fun. 

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/26BQ0HNtDmI" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/26BQ0HNtDmI</a>

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2666
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
Not bad for a college project, and wow, 54 weeks to create it!

Anyone read the latest micro comic with Rainbow Dash? 

Offline Relaxing Dragon

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1218
  • I raise my eyebrow at you, sir.
The writing on Double Rainboom definitely needed some fine tuning, and the overall story was one that, had this been a written fanfiction instead of an animated one, I probably would've skipped. But there's no denying the talent and effort that went into making it, and I generally enjoyed watching it. Good show, community.

And I read the Rainbow Dash micro issue the other day (along with #5 of the main comic, which is the start of a new arc). I enjoyed it more than Twilight's, mostly because the story seemed a bit more fitting and less predictable. And also because it contained an excellent Blade Runner reference.