login

Author Topic: That One Little Girl's 'Pony' Cartoon that's Slowly Devouring the Internet  (Read 102894 times)

Offline Tupin

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
I honestly think both sides took it a little bit too seriously. Incredibly ironic to both, too.

I would buy a Rifftrax of the episodes. I think many people would. At least Mike acknowledged he could do better joke-wise.

Offline Asbestos Bill

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 458
  • Are YOU dedoodaydolah?
    • QuipTracks
At least Mike acknowledged he could do better joke-wise.

That was the thing that bothered me. And it's the reason I haven't bought a rifftrax in many a moon: he seems to go for the low-hanging fruit too quickly.

Invader_quirk

That tweet definitely rubs me the wrong way, probably because the joke doesn't seem to be that "chubby little pervs" is an overreaction. That part seems to be the straight set-up for the space colony bit.

I'm just kind of getting sick of people ignorantly judging bronies. I don't think it'll ever be funny to me anymore. It may be a joke, but it's usually also really what they think, and I've put up with enough of that already.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 995
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
Come on everyone. Group hug.

Online Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5899
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
Come on everyone. Group hug.

I'm feeling a sensation altogether new to me. And I love it!

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2386
    • Ronin Fox Trax
Spurred on my this discussion, I did finally finish watching the pilot episodes on Netflix.

...spurred, get it?  See what I did there?  ...ahem.

What did I think?  Thank you for asking, invisable reader from the future.  Well I liked it enough to start watching the next episode before I had to get ready for work.
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky

Invader_quirk

I tell people the pilot isn't the best representation of the show, but it's kind of required viewing. I'm glad you enjoyed it enough to continue. After I watched the pilot, my position was that it was a great show for girls, but it didn't grab me. It was only after seeing an episode my friend just happened to be watching that I got really interested. Then I watched "Lesson Zero" and knew I would be watching the entire series within the next few days.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 1185
I loved the pilot, it was a prefect intro to the series,and the characters.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 1185
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 07:08:39 PM by Rainbow Dash »

Coragale

This line is what convinced me:

"You little foals..."

That, plus all of the everypony and the like got me hooked.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2386
    • Ronin Fox Trax
I tell people the pilot isn't the best representation of the show, but it's kind of required viewing. I'm glad you enjoyed it enough to continue. After I watched the pilot, my position was that it was a great show for girls, but it didn't grab me. It was only after seeing an episode my friend just happened to be watching that I got really interested. Then I watched "Lesson Zero" and knew I would be watching the entire series within the next few days.

I never judge a show based on the pilot alone, I know it takes most shows some time to find its stride.

Stride!  Ha!  I just keep throwing them out there.

Anyway, yeah, I always look at the pilot as a neccessity, but its never the height of a show, nor should it be.

Now I'm part way through "The Ticket Master" and I do like it better so far, if for no other reason than I haven't guessed the ending yet.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 07:41:40 PM by RoninFox »
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky

Invader_quirk

The episode after Ticket Master is one of my favorites: Applebuck Season.

Coragale

Suited For Success is mah favorite

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2666
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
At the moment I'd go with Luna Eclipsed, Sonic Rainboom, and The Mysterious Mare Do Well as my favorites.

Offline Tupin

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
At the moment I'd go with Luna Eclipsed, Sonic Rainboom, and The Mysterious Mare Do Well as my favorites.
Don't hear people like The Mysterious Mare Do Well too often. Most of the time, people call it the worst episode of the series. I just thought it was okay.