login

Author Topic: That One Little Girl's 'Pony' Cartoon that's Slowly Devouring the Internet  (Read 102679 times)

Offline Raefire

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 571
...I'll just leave this here:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/YPjFavgKO5I" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/YPjFavgKO5I</a>

The comments on this are cracking me up so much. Oh, haters...

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2657
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
I'm up to 10 or so episodes, really needed to watch some stuff like this show this weekend. 

The writing does have it's moments, I kind of hope Netflix get's more seasons.

The cute parasite show cracked me up, poor ponies, needing some of this:

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 1185
I'm up to 10 or so episodes, really needed to watch some stuff like this show this weekend. 

The writing does have it's moments, I kind of hope Netflix get's more seasons.

The cute parasite show cracked me up, poor ponies, needing some of this:

They've already said that season 2 will be added sometime after the season 2 finale, which is in two weeks.

Invader_quirk

Just finished up season one (after already watching what's available of season 2). Man, near the end, season one is really great... possibly better than season 2. I thought "Over a Barrel" was really funny in particular. "Owl's Well That Ends Well", although not really an original plot, actually made me tear up since I have a bit of a fear of being replaced as well as jealousy issues.

There's a sense of impending doom as season two comes to a close... I've grown to love this show and I need MOAR PONIES.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Not Hurt By Pain
So I didn't care much for this last episode.  Much like Mare Do Well, I thought you had a bunch of characters acting way out of character.  None of them would destroy something that meant so much to Pinkie and the Cakes.

Offline Relaxing Dragon

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1218
  • I raise my eyebrow at you, sir.
I actually loved this past episode. I will admit those moments were a tad out of character (though they work better when you realize the three girls were operating independently and without knowing the others were in on it. They also wisely left Applejack out of the proceedings. Plus, as the ending of the episode shows, ponies in general just seem to have poor self control when it comes to sweets), but the overall comedy that comes from it being a Pinkie episode more than made up for it. The three flashbacks Pinkie has when she's accusing the other bakers -the vaudeville, the Bond, and the ninja- were pretty much brilliant. Plus the entire mystery section was great, Sherlock hats and all. This one will probably end up in my Top 10 for the show.

Down to the wire now, though. Just one two-part season finale away from months and months of no new ponies (the horror).

Invader_quirk

Thoughts as I watch the new episode.

Not too excited about the premise... there's not much that hasn't been done with the train mystery plot. That plus the fact that I don't think Pinkie can carry an episode (with a few exceptions) makes me wary.

BOO! Bubble pipes suck. EVERY. SINGLE. CARTOON. There's ALWAYS a Sherlock episode and there's always a damned bubble pipe.

Standard progression for this plot so far...

They are really milking the bubble pipe.

Lifting up Gustav's feathers was good

I also don't really buy that
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Overall, a disappointing and needless take on this tired formula.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 10:15:51 PM by Invader_quirk »

Invader_quirk

This is old but I just now found it.

Offline Raefire

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 571
Got another new oneshot fic. Enjoy: http://www.fimfiction.net/story/20808/The-Alicorn

Offline Relaxing Dragon

I got up bright and early yesterday, despite having gotten very little sleep the night before, because I thought the season finale started airing then. But it's actually next week. And they then showed the Derpy-less version of The Last Roundup, which made me sad.

And that's my pony story of the weekend.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Not Hurt By Pain
Pony Hell is a real place apparently.  @_@

Offline Relaxing Dragon

Or at least Canterlot's got a lot of forgotten, unused cavern space.

Dug this episode, definitely felt like a good and proper season finale (as opposed to the first season). And while I was sorta hoping for a Discord appearance, I'll take another new villain/monster any day. Plus, this episode had about three songs, which is always appreciated (and DJ-P0N3! As someone who dodged all the previews, that was a nice surprise).

So, thus ends another season of them ponies. Good stuff. Gonna have to list out my top 5 for the season or some such thing now I guess.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Not Hurt By Pain
I was a bit disappointed with Cadance and Shining Armor.  They ended up being very forgettable characters in a  series that has produced a ton of interesting one-off characters.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2657
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
I finished up season 1, waiting for Netflix to get season 2.

Coragale

Daily Motion has the majority of it, I believe.

I really liked the finale. One of the funniest things I've seen was
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I thought it was a good ending, and I enjoyed the characters. I'm finding it hard to say anything without spoilers. -_-