Author Topic: TV Tropes  (Read 112 times)

Offline Russoguru

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1097
TV Tropes
« on: September 20, 2020, 02:10:09 AM »
I just re-subbed to Netflix yesterday, which imho was a mixed bag. Some of the stuff I have enjoyed, at least a tiny but. However, I can't help but feel that all these shows that I end up fast-forwarding through a lot of the time are exercising a few very annoying, very stupid cliches that I'm sick of seeing. Now, I can understand a cliche under certain circumstances, but in most cases they just come off looking like less the result of competent thinking and more or less the product of piss poor writing.

1) Nobody locks their bedroom/office doors - I've noticed this in a LOT of shows, including the new series Ratched. Seems like in a LOT of shows(at least 5 or 6 random ones I've watched thus far), when people get up to hanky panky... they never lock their fucking doors!!! Is there a reason for this? Because when I was a teen in the early 90's, you can bet your ass my door would ALWAYS be locked so my parents never walked in on me during private time. Also, even if you can't lock your door, can't you at least put a chair or desk against it or something?

2) PG-13 rated sex in R-rated shows. To put it simply: nobody has sex fully or mostly clothed! Clothed sex in Mature rated shows advertising strong sexual content and nudity is fucking bullshit. 
"Russoguru is a naive jackass"

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 7359
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
Re: TV Tropes
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2020, 02:12:10 AM »
the only place i've lived in that had locking bedroom doors was where each room was a separate rental.
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6581
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
Re: TV Tropes
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2020, 11:28:31 AM »
I never noticed it until Hor-Riff-ic Productions pointed it out in some of their Friday the 13th riffs, but nobody wipes themselves after pooping in movies. They called it "mud butting" when they get up and just pull their pants back up. And now I can't stop noticing it in movies and TV shows!