Author Topic: Star Trek Picard: The Next Phase  (Read 1621 times)

Offline Russoguru

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 695
  • Define lunch or be disintegrated!
Re: Star Trek Picard: The Next Phase
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2020, 07:43:54 AM »
That second episode was really good! Things are coming together, albeit very slowly.

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6966
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2020, 02:41:39 AM »
there were more tng music bits in ep 3 which was nice.

i'm hoping for more dreams and museums exhibits going forward, as seeing the new galaxy-class ship renders fill my heart with joy.
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline Pastor of Muppets

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 389
  • Now available in minty fresh flavor.
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2020, 02:11:20 AM »
It's pretty good.  I like the serialized story telling.  It also seems grittier than most Star Trek that came before.  But a couple plot holes remain in my head:

1) Doesn't it take a really long time for a sun to go supernova?  It seems like the Romulans would have had plenty of time to evacuate on their own.
2) Why was the Federation helping the Romulans so controversial among the members of the Federation?  I thought there would be less bad blood after their alliance during the Dominion War.
3) About that lady friend of Picard's (the one who was living in the desert -- I forget the name).  Did she use the term "Protip"?  Did she use a 500 year old slang term?  Do we do that in real life?
I'm not particularly religious, and I don't really like Muppets, but I do love word play.

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6966
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2020, 06:50:53 AM »
i've now finished reading the prequel comics and novel. neither answered the questions i have, that i'm hoping will now be answered by the show (minor spoilers if you haven't seen the first four episodes; the flashbacks in those summarize the novel, sadly):

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
dF = 0
d*F = J