login

Author Topic: TV News Thread  (Read 165568 times)

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3469
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
Re: TV News Thread
« Reply #1260 on: February 09, 2021, 04:50:27 PM »
I guess it's possible it's region locked, although it usually says so if that's the case.
FINE

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3989
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #1261 on: February 09, 2021, 07:59:25 PM »
I don't like to judge things before they even exist, but everything about this screams bad idea:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/news/a-live-action-powerpuff-girls-show-is-coming-to-the-cw/ar-BB1dy37P

Offline The Lurker

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 5805
« Reply #1262 on: February 10, 2021, 07:52:19 AM »
So the creator of Over the Garden Wall is doing a Redwall adaptation for Netflix.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2607
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #1263 on: February 10, 2021, 12:07:48 PM »
So the creator of Over the Garden Wall is doing a Redwall adaptation for Netflix.

As much as I read the hell out of those books when I was younger, my first thought was "I wonder if this adaptation will capture the roughly one third of the books dedicated to describing every piece of food on the feast tables."
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 5322
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #1264 on: February 21, 2021, 10:51:15 AM »
Disney slaps ‘The Muppet Show’ with ‘offensive content’ disclaimer  :angry:
https://nypost.com/2021/02/21/the-muppets-slapped-with-a-content-warning-by-disney/

Offline The Lurker

• Compsognathus
« Reply #1265 on: February 21, 2021, 11:23:44 AM »
NY Post is practically a tabloid.  A lot of their old stuff gets slapped with that label or similar (especially films like Dumbo or Peter Pan) so it's more par for the course.

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 624
  • Show yourself! Otherwise, we'll kill some diffrum!
« Reply #1266 on: February 22, 2021, 05:32:19 AM »
NY Post is practically a tabloid.  A lot of their old stuff gets slapped with that label or similar (especially films like Dumbo or Peter Pan) so it's more par for the course.

Off-topic, but I've seen Song of the South, and Dumbo is *far* more offensive by today's standards (both the crows [one literally named Jim Crow]) and a child getting humorously drunk by accident).

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #1267 on: February 22, 2021, 03:53:37 PM »
A lot of manufactured outrage. I love seeing all the people trying to act like a five second disclaimer is a horrible crime against art and that "people should make up their own minds" as if a disclaimer was anything other than a tool for people to make that decision.

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1801
« Reply #1268 on: February 24, 2021, 09:13:41 AM »

As much as I read the hell out of those books when I was younger, my first thought was "I wonder if this adaptation will capture the roughly one third of the books dedicated to describing every piece of food on the feast tables."

Hahahaha this is exactly what I’ve been telling people when I excitedly tell them Netflix bought the rights. I couldn’t remember if my child brain was exaggerating the length of the descriptions, or if there literally was entire chapters dedicated to the made up feasts they would eat. This validated my opinion.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #1269 on: February 24, 2021, 12:05:16 PM »

Hahahaha this is exactly what I’ve been telling people when I excitedly tell them Netflix bought the rights. I couldn’t remember if my child brain was exaggerating the length of the descriptions, or if there literally was entire chapters dedicated to the made up feasts they would eat. This validated my opinion.

I've decided in my own head many years ago that Brian Jacques is a compulsive eater, and the only way he can keep himself from overindulging is writing another novel, but that doesn't change what's on his mind.

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline The Lurker

• Compsognathus
« Reply #1270 on: February 25, 2021, 10:08:32 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/sNky0GJG1x0" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/sNky0GJG1x0</a>

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6691
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #1271 on: February 27, 2021, 08:26:41 AM »
https://screenrant.com/frasier-reboot-release-date-cast-story/

I still love to watch Frasier, and it's one of my parents' favorites too. It's hilarious and it holds up as a deservedly classic sitcom. But I don't know about this revival. Without Roz, Daphne, Martin, and especially Niles, I don't see it working very well. Plus there's the issue of Kelsey Grammer's toxic politics, which just makes me think it would end up like that awful Roseanne revival.
But it does get me to thinking. Frasier was a spinoff of Cheers, so maybe it would be more interesting if it was a spinoff instead of a revival. David Hyde Pierce has said he doesn't want to come back for the revival, and I don't blame him for that. But what if the show was a spinoff about Niles? He's certainly in interesting enough character to hang a series around and him being the star might entice DHP to come back.