login

Author Topic: Re: :clap:  (Read 2291 times)

Offline netrage

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 0
Re: :clap:
« on: April 08, 2011, 12:01:46 PM »
Yup, worked great for me on Windows 7 64-bit watching The Matrix. In fact, it was the first time I've ever been able to watch the Matrix Riff as I was never able to get it to sync otherwise! So big thumbs up for the new player!

Watchman

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 04:21:00 PM »
In case my used old Anchor Bay DVD was the problem, I'll re-try it with the new copy I bought at Target. My DVD-ROM drive is very sensitive.

I don't think that would change the chapter-skipping problem I reported, but it is possible this will improve the playing problems I encountered during the last 3rd.

Doctor Who?

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2011, 07:30:43 AM »
I tried it out last night and i had to restart in a couple of times to get it in sync,but after that it was perfect all the way through.

GREAT JOB GUYS THIS IS A HUGE IMPROVEMENT OVER THE OLD PLAYER!

Offline Minnesota

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 4
  • Twins Territory
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 12:29:46 AM »
Also, want to say: Tried out the new player on a few Rifftrax and love it! Great job everyone!!

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
  • Liked: 249
  • Heaven is nowhere, just look to the stars.
    • RiffTrax
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2011, 11:33:13 AM »
I tried it out last night and i had to restart in a couple of times to get it in sync,but after that it was perfect all the way through.

GREAT JOB GUYS THIS IS A HUGE IMPROVEMENT OVER THE OLD PLAYER!

You shouldn't need to restart anything. There is a "Resync" button, located to the right of the volume sliders, that looks like a clock face. Click that and it should resync.

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2011, 12:02:07 PM »
I always reauthor, so I never had any experience with the player.  It sounds like it's really working out for the less-technically apt (or less patient) who don't reauthor.

I should give it a try, just to see what it's like.

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
  • Liked: 249
  • Heaven is nowhere, just look to the stars.
    • RiffTrax
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2011, 01:40:18 PM »
If you don't mind watching the riff on a computer (seems most people don't) I think you'll like it.

Watchman

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2011, 01:38:55 AM »
I always reauthor, so I never had any experience with the player.  It sounds like it's really working out for the less-technically apt (or less patient) who don't reauthor. 

You mean those of us who have interests outside of Rifftrax?  ;)

Offline digital_trucker

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2011, 05:45:59 AM »
Worked perfectly, with only one minor issue that wasn't the player's fault.  I'm a trucker, so I rip my DVDs to ISO images.  I'd forgotten I had a disc in the physical drive when I tried to play an ISO, which caused the player to crash.  A quick trip into the settings to tell the player to use the virtual drive solved that, and it works perfectly.  I love the resync button!   :clap: :clap: :clap: