Author Topic: Issues thread  (Read 12098 times)

Online MartyS (Gromit)

• Compsognathus
  • Liked:
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
Re: Issues thread
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2011, 07:27:09 PM »
I downloaded the newest player.  I then downloaded the PotC 1 rifftrax file to the same folder as the player, or at least I think I have.  Looking in my "My Files" page on rifftrax.com, I'm not seeing anything that has a .sync ending.  I downloaded the mp3 file.  Should I have done one of the two zips instead? 

Yes, you want the zip file.   The "PiratesOfTheCaribbean_RiffTrax.zip" file has the mp3 and the sync file in it.  The mp3 and sync files need to be put in the same folder somewhere.

At any rate, I then popped in the DVD to my drive (which is the 2 disc collector's edition, which might also be a problem), and it started playing on something called InterActual Player.  I assumed that was you guys, but I'm now thinking probably not and this is something Disney put on the DVD.  Again, that might be the problem.  I tried to play the riff of the movie, and I received the error message that there was no sync file. 

The interactual player is a program on the DVD that plays the disc, that is not the rifftrax player.  Just close that and start up the rifftrax player.  Since you got the no sync file error I'm assuming you must have used the correct player eventually, once you get the zip file and put the sync file in the same folder as the mp3 you should be OK.

shodan

« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2011, 08:15:42 PM »
well my dad wasn't home a lot when... oh wait wrong issues nevermind.

Offline Meltha

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2011, 04:19:11 PM »
Thanks so much, MartyS!
Proud (and only) member of the Society to Stop Apostrophe Abuse.

Offline bigghigg

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2012, 05:32:41 AM »
I've watched half a dozen rifftrax or so with the new player, and the video starts to get choppy in the last half hour or so of the movie.  Pausing, stopping, etc. doesn't seem to help.  Has anyone experienced this?

Offline ReiCow

• Riffplayer Developer
  • Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2012, 02:55:41 AM »
I have not.. do you encounter the same issues with other DVD playing software on your computer?

RC

Offline whosisco

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2012, 01:44:21 PM »
I've watched half a dozen rifftrax or so with the new player, and the video starts to get choppy in the last half hour or so of the movie.  Pausing, stopping, etc. doesn't seem to help.  Has anyone experienced this?

I have not.. do you encounter the same issues with other DVD playing software on your computer?

RC

I have the same problem except mine starts after the first hour.  I've tried changing the audio & video driver settings like the FAQ said but it doesn't help.

Offline ReiCow

• Riffplayer Developer
  • Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2012, 08:56:53 PM »
aaaaaaaand did you try what I suggested in my post that you quoted?

RC

Offline whosisco

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2012, 08:50:07 PM »
PowerDVD works like a charm. Windows Media Player also works.  Manually syncing PowerDVD and Realplayer (mp3) works.  It's just the Rifftrax player that starts going choppy on me. 

Offline ReiCow

• Riffplayer Developer
  • Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2012, 02:55:12 PM »
Hrm.. the only other thing I can guess is lack caching being the problem. (Those players cache by default, but the player can't b/c it messes up the timing on windows.) The way to test that is trying smplayer with no caching on. If it is caching, the only fix would be a faster system / drive.

Sorry, for lack of a better idea. You can try to submit a report.
RC

Offline jeffq

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2012, 03:28:48 AM »
I've been trying RiffPlayer, and although it seemed to work fine for "The Room" (using Marty's sync file), the one that comes with "Birdemic" seems to be off. At least, by DisEmbodio's synching at 1:00:04 (according to the OSD), he was a full second behind. I saw this earlier post:

Yeah.. on some machines long pauses can slightly mar the timing. The easy fix is to simply do a small seek and it will resync.

... but no amount of 10-second, 1-minute, or chapter seeking/skipping, forward or backward, seemed to close the gap any closer than 0.5 seconds behind. Any suggestions, short of starting from the beginning again? Thanks.

Online MartyS (Gromit)

• Compsognathus
  • Liked:
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2012, 07:55:18 AM »
These are the values I use for Berdemic, are they different than what you have?

riffdelay_init=111.75010
riffstart=33.001
time_offset=0.99939800
title_ID=4

If they are the same as what you have then your system might need different settings.  You can experiment with the time_offset number, trail and error is the only way to get it, start by going from 0.999398 to 0.99941000 and see if Dis gets earlier or later than before.  Continue adjusting in small increments until he is in sync.  If you change the offset number too much it will mess up the the early riffs.  So you'll need to adjust the riffdelay_init to sync the first Dis line, then of course you'll need to adjust the time_offset again for the last sync line.  It can take quite a bit of back and forth between the 2 settings to get all the sync lines in sync.

Offline nxylas

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2016, 10:44:27 AM »
I just tried out the Rifftrax player using Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 (it was the first DVD that came to hand), but when I tried to load the MP3, it told me that it couldn't find a valid .sync file. The .sync file is in the same folder as the MP3, so I don't understand why the Riffplayer didn't recognise it.

Online MartyS (Gromit)

• Compsognathus
  • Liked:
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2016, 02:52:03 PM »
I just tried out the Rifftrax player using Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 (it was the first DVD that came to hand), but when I tried to load the MP3, it told me that it couldn't find a valid .sync file. The .sync file is in the same folder as the MP3, so I don't understand why the Riffplayer didn't recognise it.

Does the .sync file have the exact same name as the .mp3 file?   

Sometimes you can get a double extension (.sync.sync), in windows you have to turn on view file extensions to tell if a file got an extra one.

Offline nxylas

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2016, 07:31:55 AM »

Does the .sync file have the exact same name as the .mp3 file?   
Ah, no it doesn't. The MP3 file is HarryPotter-DeathlyHallowsPt1_RiffTraxPAL.mp3 while the sync file is HarryPotter-DeathlyHallowsPt1_RiffTrax.sync