Author Topic: Re: Vacations  (Read 9305 times)

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 4402
  • You're all invited to my bunga bunga party!
Re: Vacations
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2012, 04:56:02 PM »
I've never been to Vegas and never really had the inclination to go. There honestly aren't many cities I'm interested in visiting -- I'd much rather camp out than stay in a hotel room.
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Offline Nunyerbiz

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 953
« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2012, 05:00:26 PM »
Capitalism gone apeshit can provide a certain sense of awe... And I think Vegas would be sorta the man-made version of the Grand Canyon... something that is really cool to see once, but you never really have to go back.

MontyServo

Re: Re: Vacations
« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2012, 05:02:08 PM »
vegas sounds like complete and utter shit.

Yeah, I've never been to Vegas.  But I never, ever want to go.  I kind of hate tourist-trap places I think.

It is so much of a tourist trap these days it isn't even funny.  Unless you have the big bucks, then you can avoid all of that and probably have a blast.  I will probably go again in the future if the right show or event gets booked there.  But I have already seen the two Cirque shows that I was interested in (O and Love - both spectacular) so unless it is a concert tour that is skipping Florida that I absolutely have to see, it might be awhile before I get back there.

I want to visit Australia next.  That is the dream trip.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2012, 05:12:08 PM »
I want to visit Australia next.  That is the dream trip.
That or Japan, though I really should visit a friend of mine in Venice since she's been wanting me to do that for years.

Was looking at pics of Uluru today (for dingo related reasons obviously) man I want to be in the presence of that at some point. :)

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6840
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2012, 05:16:29 PM »
i'd like to go to the hebrides. maybe iceland and scandinavia. melbourne would be nice only 'cause a pen-pal lives there.
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2012, 05:18:43 PM »
My daughter went to Iceland and loves it. She wants to live there. I think I would be saddened by the lack of trees.
Bonhead #2
fs!!

MontyServo

« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2012, 05:18:54 PM »
Iceland would be cool.

(no pun intended)  :o

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2012, 05:24:06 PM »
Not as cool as Greenland (pun intended).

Norway is ace, lived there, would again, if I could find a job that paid as well as the one I had while there, otherwise, pft it's nice to visit but hellishly expensive.

Online Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2619
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2012, 05:27:27 PM »
OK, I'm just going to post a link to the rules of the forum here, and remind folks to keep it civil. I don't believe that 100 Dollars was trying to be a troll (and certainly not an asshole), though I do believe the post was also maybe not in the spirit of the thread.

Ideally we can leave it at that, and go back to talking about vacations.

(Hope you all make it to Australia some time, it's pretty nice here)
FINE

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2012, 05:35:00 PM »
Meanwhile I am pretty sure that at some point in my life I'm going to have to go to the Philippines, which really freaks me out because my brother-in-law just posted a picture of his son getting ready to eat a roasted whole "stuffed frog". :(
Bonhead #2
fs!!

MontyServo

« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2012, 05:36:28 PM »
OK, I'm just going to post a link to the rules of the forum here, and remind folks to keep it civil. I don't believe that 100 Dollars was trying to be a troll (and certainly not an asshole), though I do believe the post was also maybe not in the spirit of the thread.

Ideally we can leave it at that, and go back to talking about vacations.

(Hope you all make it to Australia some time, it's pretty nice here)

Well considering his post originally ended with the phrase "KILL THE RICH" before he edited it. (Did anyone else see that?), then yes he is a troll and an a-hole.

Listen, I understand that there is a place for that type of post, but not in this thread.  He was inviting a confrontation with it which I unfortunately fell for.  At least I was clever and rewrote his post so that it would be on topic as well as a rebuttal.

I am blocking him anyway, so I won't be bothered anymore.

And I will make it to Australia someday.   :)

Online Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2012, 05:39:16 PM »
Have you traveled around a lot in Australia?

Not as much as I should have, unfortunately. I've done a reasonable portion of Western Australia (If you exclude the desert), and other than that, just Melbourne and Sydney.
FINE

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2012, 05:42:48 PM »
Trying to remember; the Hanging Rocks as in Picnic At... where are they?

Meanwhile I am pretty sure that at some point in my life I'm going to have to go to the Philippines, which really freaks me out because my brother-in-law just posted a picture of his son getting ready to eat a roasted whole "stuffed frog". :(
If you provide the ticket, I'll go in your stead. :)

100dollars

« Reply #58 on: June 13, 2012, 05:50:23 PM »
I've never been on vacation.  i've never left my state.  I dont have health insurance or even car insurance right now.  Last year I was homeless. Have you ever stayed in a homeless shelter?  Its pure hell.  First you get your TB test and a urinalysis.  Then they bus you from the pickup spot to the church du'jour.  On the way to the church you pick up tricks of the trade including good bushes to sleep under and the best places to shoplift.  When you get there they give you food that sucks certified ass.  You will get accosted by a jesus freak who will grab your hand and not let you go and proseltyze right in your face.  The bathroom reeks of you know what and instead of showers they douse themselves with cheap cologne that gives you a headache.  Then you watch a G rated movie and talk with the other homeless people who turn out to not really have hearts of gold.  They are angry mentally diseased criminals.  Then you get a super thin pillow and a super thin foam pad and you lay out on a hard church floor with angry noisy smelly homeless all around you.   I think they bus in like the top 5 world champion snorers for the evening.  You never really sleep.  They wake you up at 5 am  and you start to break everything down while a big angry mexican guy sings the most hateful version of Hakuna Matada you've ever heard.  Then they bus you back to the pickup spot.  Vacation.  Yeah right.  Not in America pal.  My profession?  Math teacher.  I am in full support of class warfare.

ummm this seems a bit too real to sound made up and its funny.  thumbs up.

Online Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #59 on: June 13, 2012, 05:51:48 PM »
Trying to remember; the Hanging Rocks as in Picnic At... where are they?

Those are in Victoria, which is the other side of the country from me. I have not visited them.

Is that the stuff with the really ancient organisms on it? Bryson talked about these giant piles which are essentially prehistoric life forms that are still alive, somewhere on the western coast.

Hrrmm... I'm on the west coast and am embarrassingly not sure what that would be. Gimme a minute and I'll try to figure it out :P

The only thing I could think of would be The Pinnacles, but if it is, that's the first I've heard of the prehistoric life...
FINE