login

Author Topic: Re: What Projects / Tasks do you have going on / to do??  (Read 85429 times)

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 5308
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
Re: What Projects / Tasks do you have going on / to do??
« Reply #840 on: December 12, 2020, 02:24:04 PM »
'Play me a song on your piano stand' ;D
Sorry, Billy Joel came to mind while reading this  :P

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #841 on: February 15, 2021, 02:32:14 PM »
Finally got around to working on replacing my Maytag DE7600 Dryer idler belt tension pulley.
It was making a loud squeaking noise for some time but it was a pain in the ass to get to.. Finally got motivated and it took around 30 minutes to replace it. Last year I had replaced rollers and tumbler belt and I guess I was getting burnt out working on it so I didn't bother with it till now and I'm wondering why I procrastinated on fixing this for so long ???

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #842 on: February 17, 2021, 11:14:02 AM »
Finally got around to working on replacing my Maytag DE7600 Dryer idler belt tension pulley.
It was making a loud squeaking noise for some time but it was a pain in the ass to get to.. Finally got motivated and it took around 30 minutes to replace it. Last year I had replaced rollers and tumbler belt and I guess I was getting burnt out working on it so I didn't bother with it till now and I'm wondering why I procrastinated on fixing this for so long ???
And today the drive motor on my 25 year old Maytag 9600 washing machine decided to seize up! Luckily I had a Roper washing machine I had on hand as a spare I bought a couple years back and put it in place of the Maytag so I'm not down a washing machine..
Found a replacement motor for under $124 total with shipping and found a YouTube video where a repairman is replacing the exact same drive motor on his 18 year old Maytag so it doesn't look to bad to replace. That'll be the next project I'll be working on when the replacement motor arrives.