Author Topic: Re: What Projects / Tasks do you have going on / to do??  (Read 64693 times)

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2562
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
Re: What Projects / Tasks do you have going on / to do??
« Reply #720 on: May 11, 2019, 02:58:16 PM »
I finally got around to getting touch up paint that matches the pale yellow in my office, the stairwell, and the 2nd floor hallway.  Since they are plaster walls couldn't do the trick where you cut a bit of the drywall off to make a chip for color matching.  So, I got some hobby paints and mixed up little batches of color until I made one that matched, then painted an old gift card to make a chip that could be scanned.  There are some old paint cans from home depot in the basement so I figured the paint might have come from there, so got a quart made using my chip and it does match perfectly. 

I think my office/computer room was the little kids room before I bought the place, there were faint remnants of probably drawings on the walls that I could could never quite get rid of all the color, now those areas match the rest of the room.  And some chips and marks on the hallway and stairwell are now gone as well.

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3730
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #721 on: May 21, 2019, 05:37:14 AM »
So yesterday I had a swarm of honey bees passing through and discovered my scrap wood pile from my windows project..
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/FAx5gJ3NvHA" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/FAx5gJ3NvHA</a>
The bees are still there where I relocated them in the corner of my yard and I'm hoping they'll move on or I'll need to get a bee-keeper to come remove them.

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #722 on: May 22, 2019, 07:21:37 AM »
So I never got to finish posting the window project that is now complete..

Took nearly 3 weeks to complete but I'm very satisfied with how it all turned out 8)

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #723 on: June 02, 2019, 01:32:56 PM »
Just power washed my front porch, the cement was getting a bit green over the blue paint, and the vinyl siding on the house was getting very dirty since it never gets rained on.

They really get you when you buy a power washer, the cheaper ones don't have all the nozzles so by the time you add up the cost of getting them you might as well pay $20 more and get a better machine that has all the nozzles...

Also did some of the north side of the house, siding there was just starting to get green stuff growing on it.

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #724 on: June 02, 2019, 02:32:02 PM »
Just power washed my front porch, the cement was getting a bit green over the blue paint, and the vinyl siding on the house was getting very dirty since it never gets rained on.

They really get you when you buy a power washer, the cheaper ones don't have all the nozzles so by the time you add up the cost of getting them you might as well pay $20 more and get a better machine that has all the nozzles...

Also did some of the north side of the house, siding there was just starting to get green stuff growing on it.
Yeah when I bought mine on sale for $250 it came with a set of tips except the oscillating tip which ran an extra  $30 but worth it for doing concrete :o

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #725 on: June 02, 2019, 05:06:58 PM »

Yeah when I bought mine on sale for $250 it came with a set of tips except the oscillating tip which ran an extra  $30 but worth it for doing concrete :o

I got this one, has 4 nozzles and enough power to do the minor jobs I will have to do around the house, seemed like the best compromise between the higher and lower priced ones:

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Greenworks-1800-PSI-1-1-GPM-Cold-Water-Electric-Pressure-Washer/1000604813

I just ordered from amazon an extension and a curved part for getting into the gutters, hopefully I can now just wash out the pine needles instead of having to get the ladder out and go climbing every few months.

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #726 on: June 03, 2019, 02:09:13 AM »
That's not too bad. I don't know much about their brand but sounds like it'll do the jobs you need it for.
My parents have gutter - guards on top of theirs and they seem to work well keeping debris out of theirs.

The threshold under my side door is rotten down to the sill and the crew I used for my window project could come by today to fix it. Won't be able to get any video of it as I have training all this week at a post office in Indian Trail NC. Not looking forward to fighting Charlotte traffic to and from >:(

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #727 on: June 03, 2019, 04:27:53 PM »
The threshold under my side door is rotten down to the sill and the crew I used for my window project could come by today to fix it.
TERMITES!!! I'VE GOT FUCKING TERMITES!! :angry: :angry:
They were discovered during the repair under my side door and they've spread along the sill on both sides of the door! The contractor might be able to get some chemicals to kill off the termites till I can get the money saved up to cut out and replace the rest of the termite damaged sill :-[

Offline Variety of Cells

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 1460
« Reply #728 on: June 04, 2019, 08:50:10 PM »
Gutting my entire apartment. Taking everything out of my closets. Throwing away / recycling / donating everything I don’t use. Tally so far: 7 bags of trash, 3 bags of cardboard recycling, and 2 bags of clothing and shoes. That’s not including the things that don’t fit in bags: more cardboard, a TV cabinet, bicycle trainer, dry erase board, an arrow bed, and some other odds and ends. Still have the kitchen left to do, which will produce at least one bag of trash I’m sure.

In the past it was so much easier to shove things in closets since my ex wife wasn’t a very organized person, and any attempt at designating a closet for a specific purpose would ultimately be thwarted by a general indifference on her part. But now I can put things how I feel they should be, and throw out so much stuff I was keeping around for basically no reason. I now have so much closet space, it’s crazy.

Oh, and I’m only able to do this cause I have like a month off work. I’ve spent 3 days just cleaning and sorting and organizing. Tomorrow I’m doing something else, but I’m hoping I can finish it off Thursday.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 08:51:45 PM by Variety of Cells »