Author Topic: Re: 'Twilight' writer to write 'Highlander' remake  (Read 4142 times)

Offline samuraidave

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 0
    • Roving Ronin Report
Re: 'Twilight' writer to write 'Highlander' remake
« on: February 09, 2011, 10:17:47 PM »
There can be only .... a few! That will be the new tagline perhaps. Highlander the first film was great and should have never been touched upon. I can't believe they spun a TV series out of it based on yet another Scotsman who was happen to be immortal with the original storyline that there could be only one.

Does Highlander even need to be remade? Oh wait, yes it does for the Cha-ching! and the lack of originality infesting Hollywood
Far be it for logic to stand in the face of such overwhelming stupidity

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 995
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 04:57:21 PM »
Well, you can't kill this thread without cutting its head off...

Anyway, new rumors indicate that MacCleod in the remake will be played by... Ryan Reynolds. And the current director is Juan Carlos Fresnadillo from 28 Days Later, which is neither good nor bad news I guess.

And my favorite suggestion for playing the yet uncast Ramirez, our Egyptian Spanish dude played by Sean Connery in the original? Chow Yun Fat.

Offline Relaxing Dragon

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1218
  • I raise my eyebrow at you, sir.
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 05:00:26 PM »
Point of order! Juan did 28 Weeks Later, not 28 Days.

This points things in a slightly more negative direction, but hey, anything's possible at this point. Myself, I still need to get around to watching the first Highlander (and, based on what I've heard about everything sharing that name, only the first Highlander).

Offline Raefire

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 571
Re: Re: 'Twilight' writer to write 'Highlander' remake
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 05:07:40 PM »
Myself, I still need to get around to watching the first Highlander (and, based on what I've heard about everything sharing that name, only the first Highlander).

Yoshiaki Kawajiri's anime entry (Highlander: The Search for Vengance) - kind of a standalone piece, really - is extremely entertaining. If you watch any other entry, watch that one.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 05:17:02 PM by Raefire »

Offline The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 4515
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 05:08:50 PM »
I remember watching the live action TV series when I was younger.

Offline Raefire

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 571
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2012, 05:18:50 PM »
And this thread title should be clarified: Stephanie Meyer is nowhere near this, thank god. There's only 1 writer of the three mentioned for this film associated with Twilight: Melissa Rosenberg, who worked on the screenplay adaptations for the Twilight films. She's also got writing and producing credits for Dexter, though - so you never know. I mean, remember, the writing team of the first two Transformers movies managed to crank out the 2009 Star Trek.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 1185
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2012, 05:22:10 PM »
The Japanese remake of Highlander where they replaced theScotsmen with swords  with 3ft tall Gothic Lolita Dolls who used things like watering cans was amazing.

Russell

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2012, 07:04:50 PM »
I still am raging inside. Can you imagine how Spoony feels? Fuck YOU hollywood, fuck you SO FUCKING HARD!

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2012, 07:37:42 PM »
I mean, remember, the writing team of the first two Transformers movies managed to crank out the 2009 Star Trek.

The Star Trek 2009 movie built entirely upon unreasonable coincedences and Enterprise sized plot holes?  Good example.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5901
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2012, 08:13:13 PM »
I still am raging inside. Can you imagine how Spoony feels? Fuck YOU hollywood, fuck you SO FUCKING HARD!
I'm sure he feels BETRAAAAAAAAAYED!

Offline Relaxing Dragon

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2012, 08:14:41 PM »
I mean, remember, the writing team of the first two Transformers movies managed to crank out the 2009 Star Trek.

The Star Trek 2009 movie built entirely upon unreasonable coincedences and Enterprise sized plot holes?  Good example.

Yeah, that movie worked for a number of reasons, but the script definitely wasn't one of them.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 995
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2012, 08:34:45 PM »
Point of order! Juan did 28 Weeks Later, not 28 Days.

Mea culpa.

This points things in a slightly more negative direction, but hey, anything's possible at this point. Myself, I still need to get around to watching the first Highlander (and, based on what I've heard about everything sharing that name, only the first Highlander).

As mentioned below the anime is decent. And II and The Source are entertaining in a "Dear Lord, What a Trainwreck" sort of way.

And RD? I am extremely disappointed in the MLP fandom that I was only able to find one reference to Highlander in the fan art. For shame, pony fans.

Russell

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2012, 04:01:26 PM »
No matter what you think about it, it's still the best Trek since Wrath of Khan.

Anyways what's going to happen to the immortals? Are they going to turn into ice cream in the daylight? Perhaps the watchers will be big bald-headed white-eyed guys who wear togas?

Offline Relaxing Dragon

Offline The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 4515