login

Author Topic: Return of LOST  (Read 40361 times)

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 853
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
Re: Return of LOST
« Reply #75 on: March 15, 2007, 05:50:48 PM »
The ending was great with jack's showboating spike!  The whole episode was great.  Finally confirmation of Jack and Claire being related. Locke finally growing getting back to Locke. Lots of great stuff with Patchy! "The John Locke I knew was para....."   First episode of this season that I want to rewatch!

Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline J-Proof

• J-Proof
  • The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1
LOST EP 3-12
« Reply #76 on: March 21, 2007, 08:15:47 PM »
Okay - could be ep 3-11, don't remember - but anyway

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
AWESOME!!!!!

I don't even know where to begin man.... I don't. And yeah, I sound all fanboy right now, but SO WHAT!?!?!

- a magical box?
- Locke's dad is tied up?
- The island is confirmed to be (radar-wise) "invisible?"
- "I'm in a wheelchair, and you're not?"
- Locke's special connection to the island?

Discuss... I must check other forums
J to the Pizzo
P to the Jizzay...

Offline puuuma

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #77 on: March 21, 2007, 09:40:17 PM »
Excellent episode. Probably my favorite of the season. Can't believe Cooper pushed Locke out the window. How jacked up is that?! I don't know how Locke has been able to mentally maintain himself for all this time. He was troubled before he was paralyzed. How did that not push him over the edge?

A fun little rumor on other forums is that Locke didn't actually blow up the sub. He moved the sub, then swam back to the dock, then made it appear the sub blew. Locke was pretty wet back on the dock. It will be fun to see that play out.

Loved the ying-yang reference with the chicken. Ben ate the dark meat, while Locke ate the white meat. Lots of great stuff in this episode! As far as Cooper goes, I have mixed feelings as to whether he's really in that room or not. On one hand, since the "sky went purple" smokey hasn't appeared & all of the communications have gone haywire. That makes me believe it really is Cooper & not a manifestation of smokey. On the other hand, this is Lost we're talking about.

Big props to Lost this week. Absolutely loved it   :clap:
Ya' down with O.T.T? Yeah you know me.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 853
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #78 on: March 21, 2007, 10:39:17 PM »
Yup another decent episode.  Maybe next week the Hobbit goes??
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline dignan

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 3
  • If Val's happy, I'm happy!
« Reply #79 on: March 22, 2007, 02:58:10 AM »
I really liked last night's episode.  They seem to be back on solid ground here with a string of really strong episodes.  I'll assume "The man from Tallahassee" that Ben referred to was Locke's dad, although it could be Sayid, done up all Mission Impossible 3 style.  Probably not though.  Poor Sayid, to be that close to a swingset, yet, unable to swing.  And poor Danielle, getting a look at Alex for the first time in 16 years and not being able to reveal herself. 

Locke really likes to blow things up lately. 

Honestly, I think they could make the next four episodes just Ben and Locke talking to each other, and I'd be happy.  They just play off each other so beautifully. 

So, someone dies next week?  I'll guess Paulo (Who? Exactly).   

Offline Grillslinger

• Magneto-cent Member
    • Grillslinger's Creations
« Reply #80 on: March 22, 2007, 03:30:32 AM »
Great episode! Wowee! I am beginning to wonder if Cooper is the ogirinal Jack Sawyer....

Hmmmm...that could lead to some interesting stuff.

Offline J-Proof

• J-Proof
« Reply #81 on: March 22, 2007, 08:47:16 AM »
Well - I definitely think the sub is truly blown up, cuz it made Ben's scheming work out the right way.

Big deal for this ep:
Locke's "special connection" with the island.... Cuz as we've seen, Locke isn't in the wheelchair anymore, but Ben still is....

I can't wait till next week. I think the hobbit goes splat.
J to the Pizzo
P to the Jizzay...

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1527
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #82 on: March 22, 2007, 02:58:16 PM »
Just when I started to lose interest the show picks up again.  Sweet!

Online Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3466
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #83 on: March 22, 2007, 10:36:29 PM »
I think that was pretty much the worst episode of Lost. Ever.

"Magic Box?!"

The one thing that keeps me going with this show, the thing that makes it really interesting, is that there is suppossed to be a decent "scientific" explination behind it at the end.

I know the "smoke monster" is ridiculous, but I thought maybe it would be nano-bots or something.

The writers insisted that there would be a plausible explination at the end, and shit like a "magic box" really makes that less and less likely.

I mean, I was starting to think there was going to be a "supernatural" part to the whole thing as well... or something... I don't know.

What I DO know is when he took John out into the hallway and said he wanted to show him what came out of the box I said, "It better not be his dad." And goddamn it, it was.

That was the first time I ever go to the end of an episode of Lost and groaned.
FINE

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #84 on: March 23, 2007, 02:01:37 AM »
Son of a gun, my TIVO did not record LOST for some reason this week   :angry:

Guess I will have to watch it online...... I think ABC.com shows replays for free?

Offline Grillslinger

• Magneto-cent Member
    • Grillslinger's Creations
« Reply #85 on: March 23, 2007, 03:44:21 AM »
Yes....they do put them up the following day. I prefer itunes, not free, but you get a nice big screen resolution.

Offline dignan

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 3
  • If Val's happy, I'm happy!
« Reply #86 on: March 23, 2007, 05:45:20 AM »
I think "Magic Box" is supposed to just be, you know, a metaphor.  There's not ACTUALLY a magic box that Locke's dad came out of because he blew up the sub.  Basically, looking back on the episode, Ben was saying to Locke, "If you are smart enough to get what I'm saying to you, blow up the sub, then I will exchange information with you about what I know about this island."  That's what I took out of the whole thing, anyway.  Locke's dad had been there all along, he was the man from Tallahassee Ben had Tom fetch once Locke showed up there.  Once Locke fulfilled what Ben wanted him to do, Ben revealed they had his father. 

Also, in regards to the idea that Locke didn't really blow up the sub, he didn't look all soaked through like he'd had to swim back to the dock, so I'm thinking he blew it up. 

Offline J-Proof

• J-Proof
« Reply #87 on: March 23, 2007, 06:53:45 AM »
I think that was pretty much the worst episode of Lost. Ever.

"Magic Box?!"

The one thing that keeps me going with this show, the thing that makes it really interesting, is that there is suppossed to be a decent "scientific" explination behind it at the end.

I know the "smoke monster" is ridiculous, but I thought maybe it would be nano-bots or something.

The writers insisted that there would be a plausible explination at the end, and shit like a "magic box" really makes that less and less likely.

I mean, I was starting to think there was going to be a "supernatural" part to the whole thing as well... or something... I don't know.

What I DO know is when he took John out into the hallway and said he wanted to show him what came out of the box I said, "It better not be his dad." And goddamn it, it was.

That was the first time I ever go to the end of an episode of Lost and groaned.

Oh no! Don't fall from the state of nirvana that is LOST-geekdom!!!
(I kid, I kid)

The "Magic Box" thing is most likely a metaphor. I doubt that it's an actual "magic" box, especially since Ben, if I remember correctly, didn't say the word "magic" ever...

I actually found this ep to be the best this season - far better than any of the garbage we were forced to watch last season. The Hurley ep was hilarious, and the Desmond ep was great! But this one took the cake, methinks.

The most significant thing about this particular ep is that it showed how Locke has a "special conenction" to the island. Even Ben acknowledges it, which made me tingle.

I actually was hoping Locke's dad /would/ be on the island (if that isn't just a manifestation of black smoke that just-so-happens to /look/ like Locke's dad =P )

I think this season is picking up the trash left behind by last season quite superbly! As someone said before, if the next three eps were jsut Ben and Locke talking, then I'd be MORE than satisfied. Why? Cuz unlike other Losties who worry about nasty bear-cage-sex, Locke wants ANSWERS.
J to the Pizzo
P to the Jizzay...

Online Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #88 on: March 23, 2007, 01:25:55 PM »
I think the problem here is that you guys still like Locke, while I think he is a weak, selfish, often stupid asshole. Right now he's my least favourite character, followed by Charlie and Jack.

I'm also pretty sure Ben did use the word "magic," though I can't check until my girlfriend wakes up and I can boot up my computer.

If it is a metaphor, great, but come on, what is it a metaphor for?

This will really have to play out well though, because I am very disappointed with them putting Locke's dad on the island.
FINE

Online Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #89 on: March 23, 2007, 01:43:03 PM »
Hey, how far from the Island do you think Michael got before the EMP went off? If he wasn't really far away the engine in his boat would be fried.
FINE