Author Topic: Return of LOST  (Read 39992 times)

Offline dignan

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 3
  • If Val's happy, I'm happy!
Re: Return of LOST
« Reply #60 on: March 06, 2007, 12:25:05 PM »
I was in Vegas all last week and missed LOST until this past weekend.  I was kind of...eh about this episode.  The best parts for me, by far, involved Kate.  I like her SO much more when she isn't attached to either Sawyer or Jack, and actually gets to interact with other cast members.  It's about time she remembered she's a genuine badass, and should act as such.  Hurley's whole story just was mind-numbing for me.  And endless.  How many more times can they revisit that portion of his backstory?  At least the mental institution one was different.  This one was just a rehash of things we've already seen.  It's like, hey, if that's what you're gonna do, why not bring back Kevin Tighe to ruin Locke's life yet again?  Because that hasn't gotten old at all yet!

Anyway, yeah.  I suppose I did like it better than the previous week, but not by a whole lot.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 850
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2007, 10:52:48 PM »
YES! Tonights episode was pretty good. Let's hope the rest of the season is as good!

Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline dignan

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 3
  • If Val's happy, I'm happy!
« Reply #62 on: March 08, 2007, 08:44:34 AM »
I thought last night's episode was a marked improvement over the last two.  I always enjoy the Sayid episodes, maybe because he rarely talks about himself on the show, so his past is still a bit more shrouded in mystery than some of the others?  Anyway, Locke is a complete moron. 

And I wanted the chess game to say, "Greetings, Professor Falcon."  But it didn't.  But yeah, I hope this is the start of a solid run of episodes for the show.

Offline J-Proof

• J-Proof
  • The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #63 on: March 08, 2007, 09:45:37 AM »
I thought last night's ep was great! And despite his obsession with board games, I think Locke is the man -- he's actually my favorite character.

Actually, come to think of it, last night featured my three favorite lostie-men -- Locke, Sayid, and Sawyer. Throw some Hurley in there and everything is gravy.

Also - Kate without Jack or Sawyer on her arm is the best Kate the show can offer, so that helped out last night's ep as well.

Hostiles v. Dharma....intriguing =)

Still - I think Desmond's ep was the best of this season.
J to the Pizzo
P to the Jizzay...

Offline Wiseblood

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #64 on: March 08, 2007, 09:51:21 AM »
Good one Locke, blow up the station with communication equipment, vodka, and a freezer full of beef.

Offline puuuma

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #65 on: March 08, 2007, 02:38:57 PM »
Really enjoyed last nights episode. Favorite Sawyer quotes, "Who the hell are you?" and the Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon comment towards Sun & Jin. Very nice to see other cast members finally involved this season. At first I was a little mad towards Locke's character, but I think he's just trying to find his way again. I would imagine being responsible for blowing up the original hatch took some toll on him mentally.

We knew Miss Klugh would pop-up someday, but her appearance was a total shock to me. I would've liked to have seen Kate beat on her a little more. She deserved it for all the anguish she put on others.

Sayid's flashback was good, but not great. What did we really learn about his character from that flashback? Can't complain though, it was entertaining.

As far as next weeks episode, looks to be another good one. Wonder how long before they infiltrate The Others camp?
Ya' down with O.T.T? Yeah you know me.

Offline J-Proof

• J-Proof
« Reply #66 on: March 08, 2007, 02:44:31 PM »
Really enjoyed last nights episode. Favorite Sawyer quotes, "Who the hell are you?" and the Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon comment towards Sun & Jin. Very nice to see other cast members finally involved this season. At first I was a little mad towards Locke's character, but I think he's just trying to find his way again. I would imagine being responsible for blowing up the original hatch took some toll on him mentally.

We knew Miss Klugh would pop-up someday, but her appearance was a total shock to me. I would've liked to have seen Kate beat on her a little more. She deserved it for all the anguish she put on others.

Sayid's flashback was good, but not great. What did we really learn about his character from that flashback? Can't complain though, it was entertaining.

As far as next weeks episode, looks to be another good one. Wonder how long before they infiltrate The Others camp?

What was good about Sayid's flashback was, while it didn't answer major questions, it did a very good job of developing his character. I, for one, wanted to see Sayid come to grips with his past. I think this will save him from Smokezilla in the future....

On the contrary: with Jack's flashback, there was no significant character development, ya know? That's why I hated that ep.

As for the purge that Mikhail spoke of, I am pretty sure that the "purge" is smokey. Smokey was sent out to "purge" the island of evil-doers.... Course, I have no neat evidence pulled from obscure 18th century writings, but I think it'd be as good a guess as any to say that Smokey is the great "purger."
J to the Pizzo
P to the Jizzay...

Offline puuuma

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #67 on: March 08, 2007, 02:50:58 PM »
J-Proof, help me with this one, I'm still a little confused. Did Sayid really torture that lady, or did he just say that hoping they would release him? He seemed really distraught, but couldn't tell for sure.

Offline J-Proof

• J-Proof
« Reply #68 on: March 08, 2007, 03:02:36 PM »
J-Proof, help me with this one, I'm still a little confused. Did Sayid really torture that lady, or did he just say that hoping they would release him? He seemed really distraught, but couldn't tell for sure.

Yeah he actually tortured her. If you watch the DVDs of Season One, you'll see that he was responsible for her hands being burnt in oil etc.

Tough job, but he was a soldier in the Republican Guard, which was probably, realistically speaking, harder than the show made it seem.
J to the Pizzo
P to the Jizzay...

Offline puuuma

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #69 on: March 08, 2007, 06:12:54 PM »
I really need to go back & watch Season 1. There's quite a bit in there I've totally forgotten about. Thanks for the heads up.   ;)

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3412
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #70 on: March 11, 2007, 06:34:15 AM »
On the contrary: with Jack's flashback, there was no significant character development, ya know? That's why I hated that ep.

I think that we actually learned that Jack is a weirdly violent asshole!

Didn't anyone else find it a little f***ed up the way he insisted she give him the tattoo, and the way he got her to do it? They have really reversed Sawyer and Jack's characters this season, Sawyer is by far the nicer / sympathetic character.. Jack is really starting to creep me out.

Also, in response to the most recent episode, John's weakness is starting to frustrate me too. What the heck has him leaving a dangerouse prisoner to play a game of computer chess? Ridiculous!

It was a GREAT episode though, especially following last week's lackluster spisode.
FINE

Offline Nick

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #71 on: March 11, 2007, 08:27:40 AM »
    Yeah I got angry at Locke because of all the stupid things he did in that episode. He's one of my favorite characters and I hate it when they make him do idiotic things. On the other hand we got a Sayid kicking major ass episode. 8)
Killing me won't bring back your Goddamned honey!

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 850
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #72 on: March 13, 2007, 08:02:44 PM »

I think that we actually learned that Jack is a weirdly violent asshole!

Didn't anyone else find it a little f***ed up the way he insisted she give him the tattoo, and the way he got her to do it? They have really reversed Sawyer and Jack's characters this season, Sawyer is by far the nicer / sympathetic character.. Jack is really starting to creep me out.

Also, in response to the most recent episode, John's weakness is starting to frustrate me too. What the heck has him leaving a dangerouse prisoner to play a game of computer chess? Ridiculous!

It was a GREAT episode though, especially following last week's lackluster spisode.

Locke seemed to have done some silly things but with the chess game, Patches told him he couldn't beat it and you know how Locke gets when you tell him what he can or can't do. That actually seemed in line with the character.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline puuuma

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #73 on: March 14, 2007, 08:17:37 PM »
Whoa nelly! What a great episode. The last scene with Jack & Tom rocked. We finally have confirmation concerning the relationship between Claire & Jack's Dad. Concerning Patchy, I don't think we've seen that "extreme" a death since the pilot episode. Kind of nice to see Lost bring back that edge.

This is the episode ABC should've heavily advertised. But then again, next week looks to be a doozy too. Can not wait for Locke's story  :o  I'm on Lost overdrive right now.

Offline Wiseblood

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #74 on: March 15, 2007, 01:50:29 PM »
I loved the ending: