Author Topic: Return of LOST  (Read 37566 times)

Offline J-Proof

• J-Proof
  • The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1
Re: Return of LOST
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2007, 12:38:21 PM »
isnt lost just the movie  cube turned into a series on an island?

Lol - not really, yo - it's more like a tv version of the best mystery movie you've ever seen, mixed with the best philosophy book you've ever read, jammed with a ton of biblical rip-offs =) .... That's right, it's kind of like "The Scooby Doo" Series.

I would say you've left out the part where most of the references to philosophy, religion, ect. are filler to make everything seem deeper than it really is, and that the mystery is so convoluted and strung along that nothing ever happens and each episode is a series of meaningless character-driven revelations that can't stay consistent and reveal almost nothing of value in the grand scheme of things.  And that half of each episode is flashbacks.

It's like Cube in the case of no one knows the why or how of everything that's happening, but Cube didn't pretend that there was a story beyond the "trapped in a hostile environment" plot and then continue to allude to the complexity of it without ever revealing anything of substance about it.

Lol - your reasoning is precisely the reason why LOST has...well.../lost/ so much of its credibility. Peopel liek to say that if answers are given to us, the show would be over.

I beg to differ.

If you let us know what's going on and THEN introduce something new, then the story can last for eons....ala 24 / Law & Order (for crying out loud......)

And Diggy-Dig: Yeah, I'm breathing. And yeah, I'll be watching next week ;) But honestly, season four won't be worth it if the rest of this season plays out the way it has. Have you checkedo ut fan forums for fan reactions to last night's ep? Not so hot.....
J to the Pizzo
P to the Jizzay...

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2007, 12:49:32 PM »
bah fans, what do they know  ;)

Offline dignan

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 3
  • If Val's happy, I'm happy!
« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2007, 01:28:15 PM »
J-Proof...no, I haven't checked out the forums.  I figured it'd be a pretty negative reaction to the episode, I mean, it just wasn't that good.  But yeah, I used to do the forum thing back with Buffy the Vampire Slayer.  It's amazing how a group of people on the internet that I don't even know that well could start to affect how I viewed the show.  I try not to do that as much anymore.  I want to LIKE the shows that I like.  Heh. 

Still, I'm holding out hope that this was just a speed bump in an otherwise pretty decent season so far (even if they could have compressed the first six episodes into three, story-wise)(also, we'd have to ignore the death of Eko and the additions of Paulo and Whatever Her Name Is, AKA The Girl Who Pals Around With Paulo).  Although when I hear Damon Lindelof promising that we'll find out how Locke got into the wheelchair in the first place, part of me wonders, will anyone even care?  That seems so...first season.  There are more important things to worry about now.   

Offline J-Proof

• J-Proof
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2007, 02:18:30 PM »
Yeah they address big mysteries too late in the show for us to care...on one of the fan forums an avid fanboy is calling me "little fella" to the point where his passive-aggression is almost worse than a Mac-PC Commercial =P

Ridiculous....

Anyway - how much you wanna bet next week the Lost team will raid the island just to find it deserted?
J to the Pizzo
P to the Jizzay...

Offline mrbakasan

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2007, 02:38:24 PM »
Just in case anyone was wondering what Jack's tattoo actually says, it certainly isn't that BS they were saying on the show.  I read it as "eagle flying through the sky."  It may have some similar meaning, but it certainly does not say what they stated on the show.

Offline dignan

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 3
  • If Val's happy, I'm happy!
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2007, 02:44:04 PM »
Yeah they address big mysteries too late in the show for us to care...on one of the fan forums an avid fanboy is calling me "little fella" to the point where his passive-aggression is almost worse than a Mac-PC Commercial =P

Ridiculous....

Anyway - how much you wanna bet next week the Lost team will raid the island just to find it deserted?

"Little fella"?  That's like, one of those nicknames that would instantly get under my skin.  Heh. 

And, yeah, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they raided the island and everybody was gone, except maybe Juliet, I guess?  Although, that Carl kid did tell Sawyer that they lived on the main island...maybe they'll remember that.

But I doubt it.

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2007, 05:55:59 PM »
"Little fella"?  That's like, one of those nicknames that would instantly get under my skin.  Heh.

dont worry about things like that buddy. its not worth your energy sport. 

Offline puuuma

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2007, 08:08:26 PM »
I just finished watching the new episode & found it real dullsville. Very predictable. Maybe something major is revealed down the road pertaining to this ep. But I just don't see it. We learned about half of Jack's tattoo; The Others have their own judicial system (which can be overruled if need be); Ethan was their surgeon; Whoopee.   :-

It was nice to see the kids were okay, but what has been going on with them? What's up with Cindy? Let's see some of those questions answered. And when the hell is Locke going to show up in an episode? This ep seemed totally out of place compared to the previous kick-ass eps we've had since they've returned from break.
Ya' down with O.T.T? Yeah you know me.

Offline J-Proof

• J-Proof
« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2007, 09:14:38 PM »
Additionally, the ep was just wooden... Jack and BeiLing's characters just /didn't/ jive well....

I want Eko to rise from the dead and start hitting the others over the head with a shovel.... Now THAT is television....
J to the Pizzo
P to the Jizzay...

Offline mrbakasan

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2007, 12:05:55 AM »
We learned about half of Jack's tattoo;

I'm figuring the other half is his homage to Party of Five.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 812
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2007, 02:58:41 AM »

I want Eko to rise from the dead and start hitting the others over the head with a shovel.... Now THAT is television....

With his Jesus stick!
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline J-Proof

• J-Proof
LOST ep 3s10
« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2007, 10:51:17 AM »
As Conor mentioned in another thread, last night's episode was "filler" but at least it was good "filler" =)

Entertaining as it was, it posed this crazy notion that Hurley has the evil wizard powers necessary to attract a meteor to his chicken restaurant.

But aside from that! The ep was very fun, and was far more enjoyable than last week's. This one focused on a character we actually have feelings for, and provided for a decent amount of character development. Thank goodness we are back on the beach, and Danielle Rousseau is back!

hurrah for LOST!
J to the Pizzo
P to the Jizzay...

Offline puuuma

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2007, 01:31:13 PM »
Really enjoyed last nights episode. Totally entertaining. Kept busting up when they showed Sawyer drinking next to the skeleton (Roger? Raymond?). Should be fun to see Danielle go after Alex. She's a no-nonsense woman. Looks like we'll learn more about Patchy next week. Looking forward to it.
Ya' down with O.T.T? Yeah you know me.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 812
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #58 on: March 01, 2007, 02:41:29 PM »
Not a bad episode, we didn't really learn anything at all. Cheech as Hurley's dad was pretty good. I knew that Kate was going to find Rousseau and tell her about Alex. This episode was way better than last weeks for sure!

Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline J-Proof

• J-Proof
« Reply #59 on: March 01, 2007, 03:06:53 PM »
Here's hoping the previews can actually be trusted for next week =P

If all goes as hinted: The manly men, plus Kate and Rousseau, go hunting for Jack, they find eyepatch dude, they dispose of him somehow, and locke accidentally pushes a button or something that causes some really serious problems

But we'll see! The previews for LOST are rarely accurate.
J to the Pizzo
P to the Jizzay...