login

Author Topic: Return of LOST  (Read 35456 times)

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
Re: Return of LOST
« Reply #390 on: December 14, 2007, 09:41:41 AM »
I was reading an article about the strike earlier this week, and they were talking about Lost... they showed a picture of one of the Lost writers, holding a sign that said, "Want to know what the island is?"

Classic. :D
"First there was Chaos, the vast immeasurable abyss, Outrageous as a sea, dark, wasteful, wild." -Milton

Offline Mr.Nobody

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
  • I blue myself
« Reply #391 on: December 18, 2007, 03:06:23 PM »
New trailer for Season 4:

[yt=425,350]0ou7cWOTXJs[/yt]
I've sort of fused Flashdance with MC Hammer shit.

shodan

« Reply #392 on: January 26, 2012, 12:06:20 PM »

how lost really ended

Russell

« Reply #393 on: January 27, 2012, 01:52:18 PM »
I want to check out LOST sometime. Is it worth it to check out the first season?

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #394 on: January 27, 2012, 01:55:11 PM »
I want to check out LOST sometime. Is it worth it to check out the first season?

Yes.
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

shodan

« Reply #395 on: January 27, 2012, 02:29:42 PM »

Yes.
no.

Offline TheUnabeefer

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 937
  • I am a flying cow... worship me or DIE!!!
    • The Unabeefer Beefs
« Reply #396 on: January 27, 2012, 03:21:02 PM »

I say that anyone complaining about Lost hadn't re-watched any of it from start to finish.  (meaning they basically only watched with the big breaks between seasons, so they hadn't gone back to be reminded of things when the next season went live)

My sis began watching start of season 6, and immediately insisted on borrowing season 1.  She watched through the whole 1-5 while watching season 6 as it aired and can't figure out what anyone has complaints about.  Her words: "Why do people say they don't explain things?! It's all right there."  Watching seasons 1 and 6 side-by-side made it apparent that they really never lost sight of what their show was.

Anyways, IN SHORT, I say yes.  It's worth it to watch.  Just don't go years between watching the first few seasons and the last few seasons.  Marathon it!!
...and there he was, reigning supreme at number two.  The One... The Only... The Unabeefer.

Russell

« Reply #397 on: January 27, 2012, 07:05:22 PM »
Anyways, IN SHORT, I say yes.  It's worth it to watch.  Just don't go years between watching the first few seasons and the last few seasons.  Marathon it!!
Thanks! ;D

Invader_quirk

« Reply #398 on: January 28, 2012, 09:08:08 PM »
Lost is one of the best things ever to be on TV. No matter what your view of the ending ends up being, you'll never forget the journey. (I'm a fan of the ending, by the way)

Offline TheUnabeefer

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 937
  • I am a flying cow... worship me or DIE!!!
    • The Unabeefer Beefs
« Reply #399 on: January 28, 2012, 10:07:38 PM »
Lost is one of the best things ever to be on TV. No matter what your view of the ending ends up being, you'll never forget the journey. (I'm a fan of the ending, by the way)

Agreed.  Absolutely agreed.  The series as a whole is on a completely different level than most anything ever to hit TV.

And while I enjoyed the ending when it aired, I appreciated it more and more each time I watched it.  It's kind of something I had to watch while knowing what was going to happen to really appreciate what they did with it.
...and there he was, reigning supreme at number two.  The One... The Only... The Unabeefer.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2525
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #400 on: January 29, 2012, 10:05:10 PM »

Agreed.  Absolutely agreed.  The series as a whole is on a completely different level than most anything ever to hit TV.

And while I enjoyed the ending when it aired, I appreciated it more and more each time I watched it.  It's kind of something I had to watch while knowing what was going to happen to really appreciate what they did with it.

That's one really amazing thing about the end, even now I'm still not sure how I feel about the story arc, BUT:  I've watched the end several times and actually look forward to the moments when the various characters connect and remember, it's a real testament to the actors and crew that they did those scenes so well.  Those moments also send the viewer back to remember favorite bits of earlier episodes, so it was a hell of a device to make the finale something special and keep it special when you watch it again.