Author Topic: Return of LOST  (Read 36098 times)

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
Re: Return of LOST
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2007, 06:12:19 PM »
isnt lost just the movie  cube turned into a series on an island?

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2638
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2007, 08:48:34 PM »
So you've never watched Lost or the Cube?
FINE

Offline J-Proof

• J-Proof
  • The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2007, 11:23:30 PM »

Lol - not really, yo - it's more like a tv version of the best mystery movie you've ever seen, mixed with the best philosophy book you've ever read, jammed with a ton of biblical rip-offs =) .... That's right, it's kind of like "The Scooby Doo" Series.
J to the Pizzo
P to the Jizzay...

• Compsognathus
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2007, 07:13:22 PM »
oh so its not a bunch of people waking up and finding themselves trapped on an island and being monitored by people who may or may not be the government like i thought it was?

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2007, 07:17:01 PM »
No, it's not.

It's about a plane crashing on an island that is really weird.

Doen't really look like there's any government involvment either.

Thanks for playing though.
FINE

• Compsognathus
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2007, 07:18:15 PM »
well whose to say they werent FORCED to crash. 

but anywho ive never seen the show its just what ive heard of it makes me think of cube. 

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2007, 07:25:44 PM »
I always find it's best to form opinions without actually trying something.

Then I like to go to forums where people who like said things are discussing them and the bag on them.
FINE

Offline starfighter

• Big Montana
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2007, 08:30:20 PM »
   Jack's flashback wasn't that interesting tonight.  I wonder how many times we've had the opportunity to see that tattoo before.
   At least it looks like we'll have several of the original castaways involved in next week's episode.

Offline mrbakasan

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2007, 08:33:54 PM »
I thought tonight's episode was hugely disappointing.  The commercials were saying that 3 big questions would be answered.  I have no idea what those three questions would have been.  Any questions that were answered were ones that I certainly wasn't asking.

Offline J-Proof

• J-Proof
LOST Ep 3s3
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2007, 11:29:00 PM »
I thought tonight's episode was hugely disappointing.  The commercials were saying that 3 big questions would be answered.  I have no idea what those three questions would have been.  Any questions that were answered were ones that I certainly wasn't asking.

If I had popcorn in my hand I would have thrown it at the tv today....

WHAT. THE. HECK.

After one of the best episodes ever to run on LOST is gifted to us last week, was it too much to ask that the producers' actually KEEP THEIR WORD??

For goodness sake - what "Three Big Mysteries" were solved today?? NONE OF THEM.

Three biggest mysteries to date:
- Who/what the hell is the black smoke monster?
- Who do the Others work for and why?
- Why are all the castaways still alive?

NONE of these were answered. NONE. They didn't even tell us who eye-patch man was. Effin'....it was like a cry of desparation on the part of the producers: "Check it out tonight, guys! There's gonna be biiiiiiig questions answered!" Um....no. Actually, you guys gave us BS in a cathode ray, and crossed your fingers, hoping for the best.

Whatever.... I still love the show, and it's not like this episode wasn't betetr than most of last season, but NOTHING was answered.
J to the Pizzo
P to the Jizzay...

Offline dignan

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 3
  • If Val's happy, I'm happy!
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2007, 08:14:01 AM »
Last night's episode featured quite possibly the lamest flashback ever.  The stuff going on with Jack and Juliet on the island was far, far more interesting.  But the flashbacks just kept dragging it down.  Who the hell cares about Jack's tattoo?  Couldn't they have explained it off as "Jack really liked Party of Five" and just moved on? 

• Compsognathus
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2007, 08:21:16 AM »
I always find it's best to form opinions without actually trying something.

Then I like to go to forums where people who like said things are discussing them and the bag on them.

come on now ed, youve been here a while, since when did you ever think i was REALLY being serious, and i am certainly not bagging on Lost. 

But from what i have heard It reminds me of cube, granted most of what i heard seems to be wrong. 

Offline J-Proof

• J-Proof
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2007, 09:15:56 AM »
Last night's episode featured quite possibly the lamest flashback ever.  The stuff going on with Jack and Juliet on the island was far, far more interesting.  But the flashbacks just kept dragging it down.  Who the hell cares about Jack's tattoo?  Couldn't they have explained it off as "Jack really liked Party of Five" and just moved on? 

Agreed - read the fan forum stuff - people are PISSED. I mean - the ad campaigns need to get a grip and stop lying to the fans, AND the writers need to seriously think about what they are doing.....

I mean, they've ruined the credibility of some of our msot loved characters:

- Why on earth would Ben send their only surgeon on a dangerous, possibly life-threatening mission at the beginning of the series? That's the stupidest thing Ben could have decided to do, whether or not he knew about his spine tumor. Makes him seem far less informed and well-thought-out than he did when he was being held captive ala Season Two.... Boneheaded move, Lindelhof....

- Why isn't Jack asking the right questions now that he actually has the leverage TO DO SO?? "boo boo bee boo - I want Juliet to live - boo boo...." AAAAAAH..... If I were in Jack's position I'd immediately ask what the heck that black smoke monster is, whether or not the others /made/ the plane crash, what's going on with the kidnapping, and WHO THE HECK IS JACOB???

And those are just from last night's episode. The entire second season was a castration of Locke (my favorite character), and they even killed off Eko before he should have gone. Heck there's countless other idiot moves the producers/writers have taken that I don't appreciate at all.....

The producers seem more and more like the dumb-nuts that made LonelyGirl15. They shoot stuff spontaneously, creating the backstories as they go, and then scoff at the fans when things seem to be falling apart, arrogantly sticking their noses in the air saying, "Well, they just don't appreciate our experimentation of film...."

My advice - GO WATCH JUST ONE EPISODE OF "24" AND LEARN HOW TO KEEP AN AUDIENCE CAPTIVATED FOR FIVE SEASONS.
J to the Pizzo
P to the Jizzay...

Offline the long undertow

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2007, 10:43:14 AM »

Lol - not really, yo - it's more like a tv version of the best mystery movie you've ever seen, mixed with the best philosophy book you've ever read, jammed with a ton of biblical rip-offs =) .... That's right, it's kind of like "The Scooby Doo" Series.

I would say you've left out the part where most of the references to philosophy, religion, ect. are filler to make everything seem deeper than it really is, and that the mystery is so convoluted and strung along that nothing ever happens and each episode is a series of meaningless character-driven revelations that can't stay consistent and reveal almost nothing of value in the grand scheme of things.  And that half of each episode is flashbacks.

It's like Cube in the case of no one knows the why or how of everything that's happening, but Cube didn't pretend that there was a story beyond the "trapped in a hostile environment" plot and then continue to allude to the complexity of it without ever revealing anything of substance about it.

Offline dignan

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 3
  • If Val's happy, I'm happy!
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2007, 12:15:56 PM »

Agreed - read the fan forum stuff - people are PISSED. I mean - the ad campaigns need to get a grip and stop lying to the fans, AND the writers need to seriously think about what they are doing.....

I mean, they've ruined the credibility of some of our msot loved characters:

- Why on earth would Ben send their only surgeon on a dangerous, possibly life-threatening mission at the beginning of the series? That's the stupidest thing Ben could have decided to do, whether or not he knew about his spine tumor. Makes him seem far less informed and well-thought-out than he did when he was being held captive ala Season Two.... Boneheaded move, Lindelhof....

- Why isn't Jack asking the right questions now that he actually has the leverage TO DO SO?? "boo boo bee boo - I want Juliet to live - boo boo...." AAAAAAH..... If I were in Jack's position I'd immediately ask what the heck that black smoke monster is, whether or not the others /made/ the plane crash, what's going on with the kidnapping, and WHO THE HECK IS JACOB???

And those are just from last night's episode. The entire second season was a castration of Locke (my favorite character), and they even killed off Eko before he should have gone. Heck there's countless other idiot moves the producers/writers have taken that I don't appreciate at all.....

The producers seem more and more like the dumb-nuts that made LonelyGirl15. They shoot stuff spontaneously, creating the backstories as they go, and then scoff at the fans when things seem to be falling apart, arrogantly sticking their noses in the air saying, "Well, they just don't appreciate our experimentation of film...."

My advice - GO WATCH JUST ONE EPISODE OF "24" AND LEARN HOW TO KEEP AN AUDIENCE CAPTIVATED FOR FIVE SEASONS.

Heh...there, there.  Breathe.  It'll all be okay. 

But no, I agree.  The questions that the fans really want answers to are the ones that have some bearing on the story.  What good does it do to say in a promo that we'll be getting answers to some of the questions, and then show us Cyndi and the kids in the same promo?  Now we know they're not dead, but that doesn't help us much.  And then the scene between Jack and Cyndi was just too damn confusing to be of any use.  I guess some of the questions answered were that the Others work on the little island and live on the big island, and that they have backyards.  Whatever.   

Also, the Others keep saying they're the good guys, but how good can they be if Ethan hung Charlie (although, those of us who would grow to hate Charlie now could definitely see that as a good thing), and killed that random Steve/Scott guy?