Author Topic: Re: Stephen King's The Dark Tower directed by Ron Howard  (Read 873 times)

Offline Kete

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked:
  • All joking a salad.
Re: Stephen King's The Dark Tower directed by Ron Howard
« on: May 10, 2011, 09:49:46 AM »
Today's teefury shirt is from The Dark Tower.  $12 after shipping.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked:
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 09:53:01 AM »
 :clap: :clap:

I saw this a little while ago that the price tag was going to be too high for Universal. Sounded like the project might not happen.

http://www.chud.com/51433/but-not-for-you-gunslinger-never-for-you/

Offline Starman!

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 06:40:58 PM »
I'm excited. I've never read the books, but I'm working my way through the comic series from a couple of years ago.

Offline Kete

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked:
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 10:12:22 AM »
I guess it's over:

It's been somewhat of a rough road for the multi-tiered adaptation of Stephen King's epic The Dark Tower series. First announced last fall as a big-screen trilogy and tie-in television series (to feature the same cast), the property had met with a delay earlier this year. Now, Deadline reports that Universal has dropped out of the project altogether, dealing what could be a critical blow to the saga of Roland Deschain, the Gunslinger.

Ron Howard was attached to the project to direct at least the first part of the series and would have overseen the rest of the massive adaptation. Javier Bardem was said to have landed the role of the Gunslinger with Akiva Goldsman and Mark Verheiden tackling the writing duties.

It is possible that the project could still move forward at another studio with Deadline suggesting that Warner Bros. might be a possible alternative.

Read more: The Dark Tower Falls at Universal - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=79931#ixzz1SZXOQDML

Offline Kete

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked:
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 01:12:54 PM »
And, we're back on?:
Producer Brian Grazer has revealed that part of Ron Howard's The Dark Tower will air on HBO. If you recall, Howard and Grazer are setting out to bring Stephen King's property to film as a trilogy and to television.

"We're going to do ['The Dark Tower'] with HBO," Grazer told MTV. "We'll do the TV with HBO, and we'll do the movie with...to be determined. We'll do it right."

With one part of this puzzle locked in place, now all The Dark Tower needs is to find a studio through which to create the films. But who will take on such a task?

Grazer added that "We're going to do that movie. We've lost $45 million out of the budget. When people say no to you enough, then you have to lose money, which we've done without harming the scope of the film."

Read more: The Dark Tower Finds Its Home on Television? - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=83523#ixzz1bpI6pa6Y

I really like that this is going to HBO.  I was worried about it being edited on NBC.

Offline Kete

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked:
  • All joking a salad.
Re: Re: Stephen King's The Dark Tower directed by Ron Howard
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2017, 08:26:27 AM »
I hated the movie so much.  It is such a garbled mess.  Right now it has an 18% on RT.  Cross your fingers that it settles at 19%.