Author Topic: South Park  (Read 60594 times)

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 755
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
Re: South Park
« Reply #570 on: June 13, 2011, 10:53:38 AM »
All the armchair analysis I have read about it seem to point to them ending the show soon. Only time will tell. The last thing I read about their contracts with CC say that the show is renewed thru 2013. Maybe this is the beginning of the end? Who knows. As far as I can tell Matt and Trey haven't made any public statements about the episode or what their intentions were.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #571 on: June 13, 2011, 11:06:14 AM »
I'm suprised it's gone on this long!
I don't catch the episodes on Wednesday nights anymore and the last couple of seasons I watched for the first time on DVD ..

I'm mixed if they do end the show.. As I said, I don't catch the show anymore but would miss the latest seasons on dvd :-\

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #572 on: June 13, 2011, 11:11:11 AM »
I definitely interpreted that as meaning it's time to hang it up. I suppose they could just be experience a creative crisis or burn out, or both. Who knows except them? But I don't expect it will be on for much longer. They've had a hell of a run.

I thought the contrast between the bathroom humor and the ending montage worked really well. Like a realization that they're running out of juice and facing the reality of it.
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #573 on: June 13, 2011, 03:24:19 PM »
Last season was really strong but this first half was kinda weak.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Rattrap007

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 22
  • Decepticons forever!
« Reply #574 on: June 14, 2011, 05:38:33 AM »
I don't think it is ending. I do think it will go back to normal next ep.

I think it was a message to all the critics who were saying it is terrible this season. M&T have been doing the same basic jokes even this season. Nothing has really changed with them. But people see it differently. So maybe it is THEM that changed, not the show.

I feel the same about the simpsons. To me it is still funny and never changed. Others say it sucked after season 10. I don't see it.

Personally I have liked this season of SP. It isn't as good as last seasons, but these are overall good average episodes. They can't all be stuff like Trapped in the Closet or World of Warcraft.

Offline TeamRAD

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 103
  • RAAAADDDDD!
« Reply #575 on: June 14, 2011, 05:07:28 PM »

This thread is rated ARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH for pirates. Fuck You!!

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Einstein

shodan

« Reply #576 on: October 09, 2011, 08:58:46 PM »
Liked the new episode.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #577 on: October 09, 2011, 09:53:38 PM »
Anyone catch the 6 Days to Air documentary? It was pretty good.

Russell

« Reply #578 on: October 12, 2011, 10:19:02 PM »
Tonight's episode "Last of the Meheecans" seems to be a LOT better. The use of Darth Vader's "NOOOOOOOO!!!"
from ROTS was perfect. Most importantly though, the show actually had a very good message(Depending on your
point of view of course).
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 10:21:54 PM by Gunflyer »

Offline Rattrap007

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Decepticons forever!
« Reply #579 on: October 13, 2011, 08:02:26 AM »
I loved the line "When we wanted Obama to do something about the immigration problem we didn't want him to make our country so shitty they all left." or close to that.

Russell

« Reply #580 on: November 12, 2011, 09:27:18 PM »
The episode "A History Channel Thanksgiving" almost had me rolling on the floor. It was great how they tied in Thor, Natalie Portman, and other stuff. The History Channel, where the Truth is history!

Offline Tyrant

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 71
  • 2007-11 Satanic Humanitarian Award Winner
« Reply #581 on: November 15, 2011, 03:47:08 PM »
I couldn't stop thinking of Tripe's History Channel logo in quotations from a few years back that entire ep. Good stuff!

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 988
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #582 on: November 16, 2011, 07:32:31 PM »
Heh.

This is one of those Colorado jokes that slip into South Park from time to time, but the thing that had me laughing the most during SP tonight was the depiction of Greeley.

Offline Rattrap007

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Decepticons forever!
« Reply #583 on: November 16, 2011, 07:38:05 PM »
So greeley is real? I take it is is a slum city..

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 1185
« Reply #584 on: November 16, 2011, 08:38:04 PM »
Not really, but it's a big farming town, and smells like cow crap all the time.  They went to school in Boulder, and every few weeks, Boulder would be downwind of Greeley.