Author Topic: South Park  (Read 62398 times)

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3554
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
Re: South Park
« Reply #555 on: April 29, 2010, 06:08:33 AM »
Well I dug last night's episode. Wasn't their best, but I loved the subtle and not-so-subtle nods to the Looney Tunes. I especially dug them working "Those Endearing Young Charms" into the banjo gag.

Offline Rattrap007

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 22
  • Decepticons forever!
« Reply #556 on: April 29, 2010, 07:49:57 AM »
I hate Towlie. The cripple camp stuff was good, but the Towlie was awful.

Offline SJP

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 210
  • Worst...avatar...ever!
« Reply #557 on: April 29, 2010, 11:45:40 AM »
"No!  Not the shark again!"

Just to ask...so, was it just them having Cartman being Cartman, or were they making a point with that, as in, "Look at all the horrible stuff Comedy Central will let us say about Jews and none of it gets censored, while last week we did nothing even close to that level of offensive and it was all bleeped out?"

I don't want to read too much into it...this is no "Poop That Took a Pee," after all.
One Man Band Riffs.  18 riffs, over 600 served, since 2009.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 2847
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #558 on: April 29, 2010, 12:30:29 PM »
"No!  Not the shark again!"

Just to ask...so, was it just them having Cartman being Cartman, or were they making a point with that, as in, "Look at all the horrible stuff Comedy Central will let us say about Jews and none of it gets censored, while last week we did nothing even close to that level of offensive and it was all bleeped out?"

It seems like that was one point, I think that's the worst anti-jew dialog Cartman has ever done.   Also I think everything at the camp was a way to get some mild digs at the handicapped and native Americans, also stuff some groups can get upset about.

I didn't laugh much at this one, can't think of any towely episode that's been funny.   Some of the camp stuff was OK, but still only mildly funny.

Offline Tyrant

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 71
  • 2007-11 Satanic Humanitarian Award Winner
« Reply #559 on: April 29, 2010, 01:33:36 PM »
I couldn't help but think that the ep was intended to be lame. Towlie is one of the least liked characters on the show and is usually only hauled out on special occasions to that end. But like SLP, though I wouldn't put it past Matt and Trey as a form of protest, I don't want to read too much into it.

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 4264
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #560 on: April 29, 2010, 02:07:58 PM »
I Like Towlie! ;D

Offline FBX

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #561 on: May 01, 2010, 11:24:02 PM »
Knowing how long it really takes for them to make an episode they probably spent weeks on this one thinking it was going to be great episode.

Either that or it's sat in their "too crappy to air" vault and they unleashed it knowing it was going to suck.

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 4264
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #562 on: May 03, 2010, 10:23:29 AM »
Police Won't Rule Out 'South Park' Link in Times Square Bomb Attempt

May 2: Reporters study a photo of one of the alarm clocks found in the Nissan Pathfinder that was used in the attempted bombing on Times Square.

Authorities have not ruled out a link between Saturday's failed Times Square bombing and a New York Islamic group that warned the creators of "South Park" that they face retaliation for lampooning the Prophet Muhammad.

New York Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly told reporters Sunday that while no connection has been established, detectives are looking into whether the botched car bombing may be linked to a warning issued last month by Revolution Muslim -- a radical Islamic group based in Queens -- following last month's 200th episode of Trey Parker and Matt Stone's "South Park," which included a caricature of the Prophet Muhammad disguised in a bear suit.

Younus Abdullah Muhammed, who runs the website RevolutionMuslim.com, told the New York Daily News he was in Times Square when the bomb-packed SUV was found, but he said he was not involved in the failed terror attack.

"What do you think, I commanded somebody to blow up a building in the middle of Times Square?" Muhammed told the newspaper. 

"It had nothing to do with the 'South Park' controversy. It was not an attack targeting Viacom," he said. He could not be reached for further comment early Monday.

An image taken from surveillance video released by the NYPD shows a man changing his shirt near the area of Times Square where the car bomb was found.

RevolutionMuslim.com posted a warning following the 200th episode of Trey Parker and Matt Stone's "South Park," which included a caricature of the Prophet Muhammad disguised in a bear suit.

Zachary Adam Chesser, the author of the original post on RevolutionMuslim.com, declined comment when reached by FoxNews.com on Monday. Chesser, who now goes by Abu Talhah al-Amrikee, warned Parker and Stone last month that they "will probably end up" like a Dutch filmmaker who was murdered in 2004 after releasing a documentary on violence toward Muslim women.

"We have to warn Matt and Trey that what they are doing is stupid and they will probably end up like Theo van Gogh for airing this show," the posting read. "This is not a threat, but a warning of the reality of what will likely happen to them."

Chesser told FoxNews.com last month he wrote the post to "raise awareness" and said a graphic photo of van Gogh's body that accompanied his writing was intended to show the severity of what Parker and Stone did by mocking Muhammad.

"It's not a threat, but it really is a likely outcome," Chesser said in reference to the possibility of Parker and Stone being killed. "They're going to be basically on a list in the back of the minds of a large number of Muslims. It's just the reality."

Islamic law prohibits depictions of the prophet.

The dark-colored Nissan Pathfinder packed with propane, gasoline and fireworks was found Saturday evening on West 45th St. and Broadway in Times Square, near the headquarters of Viacom, which owns Comedy Central. A spokesman for Comedy Central declined comment on Monday.

A top House Republican has said the attempted car bombing may have been connected to the controversial "South Park" episode.

"It's one possibility out of 100, but this vehicle was close to a Viacom building, which owns MTV and Comedy Central," Rep. Peter King, R-NY, told an interviewer on Sunday. "And you have the whole issue with 'South Park,' which Islamic terrorists were threatening to have retribution for. So all of these things have to be looked at."

King, the ranking member of the House Homeland Security Committee, said he expects the investigation into the car bomb to move quickly.

"Fortunately, a lot of evidence was left behind, and you have the best police force in the world with the NYPD and the joint terrorism task force in New York on top of it, and they will be moving as quickly as they possibly can," King said. "And we can be sure it will be a thoroughly exhaustive and professional investigation."

NYPD officials continued to search Monday for a middle-aged man who was videotaped shedding his shirt near where the bomb was found. Police have interviewed the owner of the vehicle used to house the bomb, but chief NYPD spokesman Paul Browne would not give further details and would not say whether either individual is considered a suspect.

Attorney General Eric Holder, meanwhile, told reporters on Monday that it's too early in the investigation to say whether the bomb plot was of foreign or domestic origin, as well as to designate as a terrorist incident. Those responsible for the act, however, "intended to spread terror across New York," he said.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 999
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #563 on: May 03, 2010, 10:47:35 AM »

I heard speculation on the CC connection on Saturday, just shortly after the bombing attempt, but this was new:

Younus Abdullah Muhammed, who runs the website RevolutionMuslim.com, told the New York Daily News he was in Times Square when the bomb-packed SUV was found, but he said he was not involved in the failed terror attack.

Wow. Dude, you either had a hand in the attempt or are simply the unluckiest person on the planet. I'd invite him to Vegas so that I could bet against him, but you know- the whole "Gambling is against the will of the Prophet" thing.

Offline jewishcarpenter

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 543
  • I grow flowers so pretty they'll make you throw up
« Reply #564 on: May 03, 2010, 10:54:18 AM »
I'd love make up my own set of laws and then tell everyone that my new laws are applicable to them as well.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #565 on: May 03, 2010, 06:13:34 PM »
Possible Suspect Eyed in Times Square Incident
Source Tells CBS News that Forensic Evidence Leads Investigators to Pakistani American

Okay, I'm now convinced that this is all just a tie-in to CSI:NY.

Offline FBX

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #566 on: May 04, 2010, 12:17:34 AM »
Looks like they arrested the fucker. This guy really was an amateur. Glad to see the system worked, imagine if they hadn't gotten that VIN number...

As for the RevolutionMuslim.com link - very likely. The guy knew about the plot and was trying to catch a view of the fireworks, probably ready to photograph it or video tape it, flee the country, then post the photos/videos from a foreign website.

spaceforarent

« Reply #567 on: May 15, 2010, 12:59:54 AM »
Not only are episodes 200/201 not on the Playstation Store, they have also removed The Super Best Friends. Looks like the only legit way to see that episode anymore is to buy the dvd. The VOD is also gone from Amazon.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #568 on: November 03, 2010, 09:05:00 PM »
I'll just note that I'm deeply enjoying the current story arc.

Seriously. South Park. Cthulthu. Super heroes. The Christian Bale voice. It's like they wrote these episodes just for me.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3554
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #569 on: June 13, 2011, 10:28:14 AM »
*Necro-Bump*

So have we all seen the latest South Park yet?

It started out as a neat little send-up on Cynicism, but the conversation at the end between Sharon and Randy (Without spoiling anything about the episode) Makes it sound a LOT like Trey and Matt are feeling like they're getting too old for this, or that South Park is getting too old, or that maybe they're not hip enough to skewer current pop culture. Other people think they're just tired of getting skewered by cynical critics. So what's everyone think? The end of South Park? The start of a new South Park Era? A way to keep us on edge until after the mid-season break and then it all suddenly goes back to normal?

The episode is up here:

http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s15e07-youre-getting-old