login

Author Topic: South Park  (Read 58565 times)

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2988
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
Re: South Park
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2007, 11:52:56 AM »
Besides, I love the movie soundtrack!  I have quite a collection of Chef Songs too.  "A prostitute is a woman who loves you no matter who you are."  :D

"Uncle Fucker" is the funniest song IMHO. I have yet to laugh that hard at any of their other songs. Not to say the others aren't good. I just find UF the funniest.
Are we counting Team America World Police here? :^)

Offline gammer

• Second Banana
  • Liked: 3
    • GoodTimers Hockey
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2007, 11:55:34 AM »

Are we counting Team America World Police here? :^)

Nah, we should start a new thread for that one.

Offline dignan

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 3
  • If Val's happy, I'm happy!
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2007, 01:30:54 PM »
I will also say that it was great to finally see Science-worshipping Sea Otters taken down a peg or two. 

I love the episodes where it's clear that Trey and Matt just get an insane idea and throw it into the show.  Like, crab people, or Lemmiwinks, or making Moses the Master Control Program from Tron.   

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
  • Liked: 247
  • Heaven is nowhere, just look to the stars.
    • RiffTrax
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2007, 01:33:15 PM »

In this day and age of public apologies despite the first amendment and what not, I appreciate a show that 1) absolutely will not apologize and 2) attacks even more viciously if asked to apologize.

I love South Park's take on celebrities the most.  :D

I just wish Comedy Central had not caved with the whole "showing Muhammed" thing. That would have been a new milestone in free speech. I wonder if the uncensored version's in the DVD release...

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2007, 01:34:38 PM »
Please elaborate.  I hadnt heard about that one. 

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
    • RiffTrax
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2007, 01:38:05 PM »
They decided not to show their version of the prophet Muhammed (during a Family Guy spoof) because of the riots in Europe, caused by those cartoons a while back. They caved to pressure that they would incite MORE riots by showing him on South Park, a show that has already shown him along with Jesus and Buddha (I think - the Super Friends episode, been a while since I've seen it). 

• Compsognathus
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2007, 01:39:30 PM »
its weird they caved in at all from what i understand about their perspective. 

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2007, 01:39:35 PM »
Funny thing is, it wouldn't be a milestone. Mohammed was and still is shown on South Park in the "Super Best Freinds" episode. :^)

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2007, 01:42:04 PM »
Darn phone response time. :^)

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
    • RiffTrax
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2007, 01:43:12 PM »
Right, Super Best Friends. I knew I was missing a word.

I mentioned them showing him already, and I don't mean THAT's the milestone. I mean it would've been a milestone because they would've stood up for the right to show what they wanted to show, free speech in a time of outside pressure. Just like they caved about the virgin mary who shat blood, they got pressure from the Catholic church and so the episode got pulled from repeats.

It's funny how, satire is fine until it's YOUR group that's being lampooned. People need to lighten up already.

Offline Tyrant

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 71
  • 2007-11 Satanic Humanitarian Award Winner
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2007, 01:52:19 PM »

Yeah. I've never known of any Buddists or Christians to threaten riots when poked fun at by that show, and yet Comedy Central loses its nerve with Muslims.

Didn't they limit how often they were repeating the Tom Cruise ep too, or am I not remembering right? I know Isaac Hayes left the show when they used the ep to attack Scientology.

Offline homerjayla

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
  • Rich in heady goodness!
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2007, 02:13:45 PM »
South Park is pretty good but the past few seasons were like meh. It's slowly getting to be like the newer Simpsons episodes.
Global warming, where?

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 356
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2007, 02:25:58 PM »
It's funny how, satire is fine until it's YOUR group that's being lampooned. People need to lighten up already.

Right, which is exactly why Isaac Hayes is as big a hypocrite as they come.

• Compsognathus
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2007, 02:27:25 PM »
he is a scientologist he is an idiot. 

Offline Petey Wheatstraw

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 0
  • "SMOG INSPECTION!"
    • Mystic Studios Productions
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2007, 02:46:17 PM »
NOTE: I originally posted this in the 'Family Guy' thread, but I thought I'd move it here.

Now if you want to see something MUCH funnier... i strongly suggest latching onto south park, for the thinly veiled politcal commentary is hilarious, as is the thinly veiled jabs at religeon, PETA, video games, etc, etc.

"Thinly veiled"? Whenever South Park tries to do political/social commentary, it's painful. It's like trying to watch a five-year-old try to tell a joke...badly.

"Okay, so I penguin and a rabbi walk into a bar and...wait, a priest, a rabbi, a penguin, and...a rabbit, a penguin...no, let me start over again..."

Or how about the punch line?

"...and the old man in the hospital bed says 'I'll have the soup.' Get it? 'Cause, no, yeah, you got..."

Matt Stone and Trey Parker are in direct competition with the idiots that wrote Epic Movie for least funny comedy team with IQ levels below 30. They've always sucked, and always will suck.
This iRiff will only be on sale for another few hours. Get it while it's cheap!