Author Topic: What did we learn?  (Read 8145 times)

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3180
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
Re: What did we learn?
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2006, 08:56:09 AM »
xXx taught me that crimes against the government are rewarded by a life of intrigue!

Crossroads taught me that if you follow your dreams, you'll find pain and disappointment. Follow your friend's dream instead!

Crossroads taught my wife shame in her gender and it will be some time before I convince her to keep it. :^)

Offline Joe Don Faker

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2006, 09:03:20 AM »
Crossroads taught me that if you follow your dreams, you'll find pain and disappointment. Follow your friend's dream instead!

Ha ha...

Crossroads taught me that the next time I need $350, I should truck down to the local karoke club and sing a tepid version of a mediocre '80s song.

Offline Tarantulas

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 3
  • #97 Rifftrax Fan in the World!
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2006, 09:18:52 AM »
Star Trek 5 taught me that in 250 years, we will forget about things they knew 240 years ago (stairs)

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
  • May the Porkins be with you.
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2006, 10:22:03 AM »
Great idea, Pakman!

Star Trek V: By the 23rd century someone will have invented a gizmo to toast marshmallows that that takes all the fun out of it.

Roadhouse: Someone in 1989 thought that opening a JC Penney was a great sign of a town flourishing. Also, Patrick Swayze is as adept at killing as he is at dancing dirtily.

Yeah ... Keith David is so criminally underused, I was convinced that his part must have wound up splattered in beer on the cutting room floor.  Maybe he had a 9-minute fistfight with Jimmy...

Yeah, where the hell WAS Keith David? I remember seeing his name in the credits and saying, "Cool, Keith David," and now I don't remember him appearing at all. And I only watched Roadhouse a few days ago. Did he not speak? How can you not give lines to a guy with a voice like thatl? Roddy Piper's sidekick in They Live and Depsero on Justice League - Sam Elliot wishes he was that cool.

Edit: Apparently he was the bartender in for the "new and improved" Double Duece." What, he's not tough enough to be a bouncer?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2006, 01:21:47 PM by The Sharktopus »

Offline Joe Don Faker

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2006, 11:45:11 AM »
Keith David was behind the bar for the latter 1/2 of the movie.

When Swayze asked for the phone or for some more coffee -- Keith was there, giving the hell out of that phone or that coffee. 

So yeah, it was pretty much non-speaking. 

Oh well, Keith will live forever in They Live and The Thing, anyway.  And he gets a lot of work.  Beyond cartoons he does some great voice stuff for A&E's City Confidential, taking over for the dear departed tones of Paul Winfield.

Offline Ivan Druzhkov

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2006, 11:57:31 AM »
The Fifth Element: Appearantly, the future will look a lot like a SciFi original movie.

Roadhouse: Tearing someone's throat out is surprisingly easy.  You'd don't even need to get a decent grip on it or anything.  Just one light tug and off it goes. 

Oh, and I also learned that Hollywood directors have strangely faulty gaydar.

Star Trek V: The Enterprise is built like a TARDIS.  On the outside it only looks about 100 meters high, but on the inside it has 78 decks!

Cocktail: Yuppie poetry is the only thing in the world that is capable of turning anyone into a communist.

XXX: With the advances in modern materials, you can carry around a pistol the size of a toaster and never develop tendonitis.

Crossroads: If you ever dump your nerdy boyfriend, it's best to forget about him entirely.  In fact, you should pretend he never existed in the first place.

Offline SmilinJackRoss

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 5
    • Heated Seats iRiffs
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2006, 12:35:06 PM »

When Swayze asked for the phone or for some more coffee -- Keith was there, giving the hell out of that phone or that coffee. 

So yeah, it was pretty much non-speaking. 

Oh well, Keith will live forever in They Live and The Thing, anyway.  And he gets a lot of work.  Beyond cartoons he does some great voice stuff for A&E's City Confidential, taking over for the dear departed tones of Paul Winfield.

Don't forget about his twitchy Vietnam vet in Men At Work.  A pretty damn funny movie, and he's great in it.  I love it when he starts having flash-backs.
Heated Seats iRiffs: Touched by an Angel | Marked for Death | Runaway | Heated Shorts (shorts collection)

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
  • May the Porkins be with you.
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2006, 01:19:21 PM »

Wow, I totally didn't realize that was him. (As evidenced my "Where's Keith?" post, but whatever.) He should've thrown down alongside Swayze and Sam Elliot. We know he's tough - he held his own against a PROFESSIONAL WRESTLER.

Offline gammer

• Second Banana
    • GoodTimers Hockey
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2006, 02:08:09 PM »
xXx - Extreme sports stars make the best secret agents

Crossroads - Dan Akroyd gets bigger with each and every scene

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2006, 03:44:13 PM »
XXX:
Asia Argento CAN appear in a movie without stripping naked (damn, that was a bad lesson to learn)

Offline guitar3224

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2006, 05:35:33 PM »
Road House - If your a bleeder, don't be a lackey.
                   Don't show a Sears card for ID when they are bringing in a JC Penny. Shame.

Offline SaucyRossy

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2006, 05:49:23 PM »
Road House: We learned that "Pain don't hurt"

N'uff said.

www.rifftraxfan.com - Check out Gammers RiffTrax Fan page!

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2006, 09:33:54 PM »
roadhouse: its absolutely acceptable to rub the skin off your dates behind agianst the nearest brick while making love

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3180
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2006, 07:54:22 PM »
X-Men taught me that the quickest way to a hot teen's heart is by stabbing it accidentally in the night. :^)

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2006, 07:58:18 PM »
crossroads: 

a)  that singing horribly at a dive bar off of burbon street on an odd night will easily net you several thousand dollars so you can stay at posh hotels for the next month

b)  it takes weeks to drive what i always thought (from experience) was a 5 day trip