login

Author Topic: Re: Known and Uknown  (Read 1362 times)

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
Re: Known and Uknown
« on: June 01, 2011, 12:23:44 PM »
uh bump i guess.  A third of the way into it and its riveting.  Im gonna have to pick up the new kissenger book now.  The descriptions of kissinger paint such an interesting person.  Also rumsfeld is fascinating both in his writing and his life story. 

• Compsognathus
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 11:47:06 AM »
A paragraph i found fascinating.  Talking about Nixon

"I dont know to this day how to reconcile the man i knew with the tradedies that he inflicted on himself and the nation.  Like the man, the Nixon era defied easy definition.  His administration provided vital support for a range of initiatives that variously won support and opposition from both sides of the aisle-- welfare reform, block grants to states, the all-volunteer military, the Enviromental protection agency, the equal employment opportunity commision, to name just a few.  The man loathed by the left and elites nomintated the Supreme Court justice who authored the majority opinion in the Roe v Wade.  The Republican leader targeted with loud and sometimes violent demonstrattions by thousands of young Americans pressed successfully to give eighteen year olds the right to vote.  the cold warrior who came to prominence as a fierce anticommunist and a scourge of the soviet spy Alger Hiss made a historic overture to communist China and pursued detente with the Soviet Union.  The public figure who would suffer the ultimate political disgrace also won one of the greatest electoral triumphs in American history less than two years before. The man who so often seemed introverted and lonely, and served by a small cadre of strongmen, also brought into his orbit a truly impressive and diverse array of talent who would affect the course of America for many decades thereafter."

Offline Sugar Ray Dodge

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 541
    • Utah Graphics World
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 01:17:40 PM »
I'm waiting for a price drop, otherwise I would have read it already.

• Compsognathus
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 01:36:11 PM »
I really recommend the kindle version (more expensive i know) but it has live links to all the forms he sites.  You can find them at www.rumsfeld.com the library thing is awesome.