Author Topic: New Short "The Calendar - How To Use It" Available Now!!!  (Read 7053 times)

Offline Thrashalla

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
New Short "The Calendar - How To Use It" Available Now!!!
« on: November 23, 2010, 01:14:38 PM »
http://www.rifftrax.com/shorts/calendar-how-use-it

The Calendar.  Whether you choose a Far Side page-a-day, an Anne Geddes year-of-horror or Twelve Months of Lifeguards that May Be Used as Flotation Devices, one thing is certain: none of us know how to use the damn things.

Fortunately, five minutes before recording The Calendar: How to Use It, the producers told a PA to pick up a guitar that he didn't know how to play and write some songs explaining the intricacies of the calendar.  The result is quite possibly the most tuneless piece of garbage since The Beatles "Wild Honey Pie", except instead of the charming introductory act of "Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da", The Calendar: How to Use It has two spandex clad adults who intrude in a young girl's bedroom in a fashion that Antoine Dodson would disapprove of.  Suffice to say, you will be far more confused about the calendar by the time the thing is done.

Mike, Kevin and Bill team up not only to riff this short, but also to open an eBay store selling vintage 1994 calendars, which are due to fully mature in value in 2017.
http://www.rifftrax.com/shorts/calendar-how-use-it
Any issues with the RiffTrax main page should be directed to support@rifftrax.com Attempts to engage with me directly about such matters will result in ridicule.

Offline Rattrap007

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked:
  • Decepticons forever!
Re: New Short "The Calendar - How To Use It" Available Now!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 01:33:57 PM »
dear god i'm going blind seeing those outfits...

Offline Scrivener

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
  • P.S. Productions: Getting the last word in.
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2010, 01:46:19 PM »
I'll take "Thursday" for 31, Alex.

(Anyone who recalls the original Art Fleming-era "Jeopardy!" set will get double-extra added value from that joke.)
Buy P.S.Productions' iRiffs.  NOW AVAILABLE:

Offline trollt3rd

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked:
  • One angry troll
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2010, 06:55:29 PM »
...Fortunately, five minutes before recording The Calendar: How to Use It, the producers told a PA to pick up a guitar that he didn't know how to play and write some songs explaining the intricacies of the calendar.  The result is quite possibly the most tuneless piece of garbage since The Beatles "Wild Honey Pie", except instead of the charming introductory act of "Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da"...

Wait... you mean "Revolution 9" has a tune?  :rimshot:

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked:
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2010, 08:17:35 PM »
How come the video in the sample doesn't show up for me? It plays with sound, but no video.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Compsognathus
  • Liked:
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2010, 01:30:45 AM »
That one hurt.  lethal combination of hilariously stupid short and hilarious riffs.

Wow, just wow, I would think even kindergartners would get offended by this thing talking down to them, and cover their ears at the horrible "music".

Offline RVR II

• Samurai Cop
  • Liked:
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2010, 07:17:10 AM »
Guess I'll be getting this one in a few days when I reach my final destination on my road trip to southern Mexico :o

Offline Rattrap007

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked:
  • Decepticons forever!
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2010, 11:02:55 AM »
I can't stop laughing at this.

More 70s/80s Alfred Higgins shorts please. I love these video. They talk down to kids and are hilariously stupid. The shorts focused on simply things like this and hygiene and safety for kids are always great. Think about it. We got this hilarious one, Saftey Harm hides at home, Mirrors could talk, lunchroom manners, etc. All little kid focused... all hilarious!

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked:
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2010, 11:04:55 AM »
I can't stop laughing at this.

More 70s/80s Alfred Higgins shorts please. I love these video. They talk down to kids and are hilariously stupid. The shorts focused on simply things like this and hygiene and safety for kids are always great. Think about it. We got this hilarious one, Saftey Harm hides at home, Mirrors could talk, lunchroom manners, etc. All little kid focused... all hilarious!

Wasn't there a sequel to Safety: Harm Hides at Home or something? Another short with the same Safety Woman or something?

Offline Thrashalla

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2010, 11:13:51 AM »
Yeah, but there was a lot of repeat footage and it was incredibly 'talky' and just plain boring...not nearly as ridiculous as the first one.
Any issues with the RiffTrax main page should be directed to support@rifftrax.com Attempts to engage with me directly about such matters will result in ridicule.

Offline JonahFalconNYC

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2010, 10:09:05 PM »
Bill: This guy could instantly win a "Make Everyone Hate You" contest.
Kevin: Lord, this is making me actually miss High School: The Musical.
Mike: You know, because of him, I now hate time itself.

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2014, 01:23:59 AM »
I'll never be able to look at calenders or Scott Baio the same way again.

Offline KidFlash

• Big Montana
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2014, 09:52:32 AM »
This was the first-ever Rifftrax short I watched, and it's still one of the best.