Author Topic: Good anime  (Read 42847 times)

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 527
  • Just letting fly with a flat "douchebag"
Re: Good anime
« Reply #150 on: August 27, 2014, 05:49:27 AM »
Anyone ever seen "カノン" aka "Kanon"?  Here's some cosplayers acting out a scene.
It's an older anime, from about 2006.
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline MSTJedi

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 604
  • In a not too distant future far, far away. . . .
    • Facebook
« Reply #151 on: August 27, 2014, 10:41:42 AM »

Love all of Key's stuff to one degree or another, my favorites being Clannad and Kanon.

"Uguu!"

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #152 on: August 27, 2014, 01:59:55 PM »

Love all of Key's stuff to one degree or another, my favorites being Clannad and Kanon.

"Uguu!"

When  I bought Kanon, way back when, it came with a CD that had EVERY type of Uguu Ayu chan did.  There's about 85 of them!
Glad to find another Kanon/Clannad fan! :highfive:
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #153 on: August 27, 2014, 03:31:44 PM »

"Uguu!"

Have you seen Lucky Star?  There are some Kanon references in it.
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline MSTJedi

• Climbed El Capitan
    • Facebook
« Reply #154 on: August 27, 2014, 08:46:54 PM »

"Uguu!"

When  I bought Kanon, way back when, it came with a CD that had EVERY type of Uguu Ayu chan did.  There's about 85 of them!

That's a hell of a lot of uguus. Honestly, Ayu Ayu was my least favorite potential (VN) partner in Kanon. The anime was done well, but I still found her kind of annoying.

Haven't ever seen Lucky Star, but after a quick search, I know I've seen the artwork around online.

I recently watched an anime called "Okamisan and her Seven Companions" on Netflix. I thought it was pretty funny and they teased a possible second season. I looked it up and found that it wasn't very well received in Japan, so they never made another season. Granted, I watched it with the English audio, occasionally with the subtitles on (and the two varied quite a bit). If the original Japanese script was closer to the subtitles than the dub, I can see why it never caught on. There were a lot of asides and sarcastic quips from the narrator and other characters that just weren't nearly as funny in the subtitles as they were in the dub. 

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #155 on: August 27, 2014, 09:58:50 PM »

"Uguu!"

That's a hell of a lot of uguus. Honestly, Ayu Ayu was my least favorite potential (VN) partner in Kanon. The anime was done well, but I still found her kind of annoying.

Haven't ever seen Lucky Star, but after a quick search, I know I've seen the artwork around online.

I recently watched an anime called "Okamisan and her Seven Companions" on Netflix. I thought it was pretty funny and they teased a possible second season. I looked it up and found that it wasn't very well received in Japan, so they never made another season. Granted, I watched it with the English audio, occasionally with the subtitles on (and the two varied quite a bit). If the original Japanese script was closer to the subtitles than the dub, I can see why it never caught on. There were a lot of asides and sarcastic quips from the narrator and other characters that just weren't nearly as funny in the subtitles as they were in the dub.

Thanks for the reminder about Netflix.   I'll check it out.

Lucky Star is made by the same people that made Haruhi.  It's a slice of life comedy. 

I liked Aunt Akiko and Nayuki, in Kanon.   

Do you prefer subs or dubs?  I prefer dubs.  But in some cases, such as seals Mushishi, both versions are equally good.

ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #156 on: August 27, 2014, 10:07:24 PM »

"Uguu!"

By the way, that's my cat, Ayu, a taiyaki, two Clannad cups and Haruhi Suzumiya cup in the middle.  I sent that picture to my Japanese tutor.
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline MSTJedi

• Climbed El Capitan
    • Facebook
« Reply #157 on: August 28, 2014, 10:31:44 AM »

"Uguu!"

Thanks for the reminder about Netflix.   I'll check it out.

Lucky Star is made by the same people that made Haruhi.  It's a slice of life comedy. 

I liked Aunt Akiko and Nayuki, in Kanon.   

Do you prefer subs or dubs?  I prefer dubs.  But in some cases, such as seals Mushishi, both versions are equally good.

I usually go with dubs myself, since I rarely just sit and watch something. When you're reading subs you have to have your full attention on the show you're watching. The only problem is when they reuse voice actors from one anime to another and it gets a little confusing. For example, they used a few of the same voices from Clannad in Angel Beats. It was weird hearing both Tomoya and Akio as different characters. That said, Angel Beats is awesome. Too bad they took it off of Netflix.

By the way, that's my cat, Ayu, a taiyaki, two Clannad cups and Haruhi Suzumiya cup in the middle.  I sent that picture to my Japanese tutor.

Didn't notice the cups in the back. Even have a rice cooker to the side to complete the Japan-ity.   ;D

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #158 on: August 28, 2014, 10:53:39 AM »
How does one know good anime from bad anime?

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline MSTJedi

• Climbed El Capitan
    • Facebook
« Reply #159 on: August 28, 2014, 10:57:21 AM »

If I like it, it's good. If I don't, it's bad. Totally subjective, of course, but that's the way I see it.

Offline Gandalf Lundgren

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 159
  • "You shall not pass, I must break you!"
« Reply #160 on: August 29, 2014, 04:55:19 PM »
Golgo 13
Captain Tsubasa
Crying Freeman
Panda Go Panda
Attack on Titan
BECK: MONGOLIAN CHOP SQUAD
Hajime no Ippo
Ashita no Joe

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5185
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #161 on: August 30, 2014, 07:34:40 PM »
Beck was a great show.  Shame that it never continued.  And I really like Ashita no Joe.  Great theme song too.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/DX6S52L_Zb8" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/DX6S52L_Zb8</a>

Did you ever see the live action movie?  I checked it out on a plane and it was really good.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/35Liruk-idw" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/35Liruk-idw</a>

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 1185
« Reply #162 on: August 31, 2014, 11:53:13 PM »

You run it by me.

Offline MightyBombJack

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 171
  • Your weapons will have no effect on me
« Reply #163 on: September 01, 2014, 10:48:58 AM »
The first two episodes of this just got added to Netflix, anyone seen it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_in_the_Shell:_Arise

Offline RandyMistie

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 116
  • Hello!
« Reply #164 on: September 01, 2014, 04:44:01 PM »
I don't believe there is any good anime. But that is just my very small opinion.... I mean nothing...

I'm sure Imrahil probly loves anime and will slap me around.... I know Sideswipe likes anime, if you like Transformers, you probly like anime.

Look how they have beaten me down... Don't you feel sorry for me?
Hi!  I'm Randy and I'm a Riffaholic...