login

Author Topic: Good anime  (Read 31237 times)

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 564
  • Riff Super Monsters
Re: Good anime
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2011, 03:49:53 PM »
Big O!

ah yes big o the anime with one the greatest what the heck moments ever (the latest  episode of session2) 

Sadly, it's only a WTF moment because there was supposed to be a third season, but that never happened.

oh really they must have got cold feet
Academy Days by henry88 aka  Ghost of Criswell
https://www.fictionpress.com/s/3299939/1/Academy-Days mind dropping a review or perhaps sharing some ideas via pm

Offline Rattrap007

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 22
  • Decepticons forever!
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2011, 04:16:51 PM »
I remember it being on Adult Swim. I still remember the finale episode.

Basically the week it was supposed to air they showed the wrong episode. The next week the title cards mentioned "Hey we goofed. We apologize. Here is the finale episode.." Then they started airing the same episode they did the week before. After about 10 seconds it cuts back to a title card and says "just kidding.." and then the finale aired.

Offline LucasM

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3757
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2011, 02:32:01 AM »
Miyazaki - Totoro - Fans:

TODAY - Sunday, July 11 - ONLY!!
Available from Midnight to 11:59pm.

at (obviously): www.teefury.com

$10 + ~$2.50 shipping.
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, read this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 1185
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2011, 07:44:02 AM »
So a new season of anime is upon us, and one of the highlights is Mawaru Penguindrum.  And after one episode you will have no clue what's going on.  But it's fun because of who's directing it.  Kunihiko Ikuhara returns to the director's chair after over 10 years, and who's last project was the stylized Revolutionary Girl Utena.  He's still got it as far as great visuals go, I just hope the story lives up as well.

Russell

« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2011, 07:21:47 PM »
I came across something today that made me laugh so hard I nearly lost my shit(nearly).
Enjoy

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/TgnIjJexut4?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/TgnIjJexut4?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Riff Super Monsters
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2011, 11:07:43 AM »
Eureka Seven: Astral Ocean

http://eurekaao-prj.net/

Spring 2012
https://www.fictionpress.com/s/3299939/1/Academy-Days mind dropping a review or perhaps sharing some ideas via pm

Offline LucasM

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2011, 02:17:44 PM »
I came across something today that made me laugh so hard I nearly lost my shit(nearly).
Enjoy

Having in the last few months just seen the original, I gotta' say: this has it beat, hands down!  :D  "Thanks for sharing!"
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, read this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 1185
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2011, 03:55:33 PM »
Finished Mawaru penguindrum.  Good times.  Ikuhara has not lost his touch.  Loved that a bunch of the soundtrack weas remixes of old Japanese rock songs.

Offline Sun-Wukong

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 0
  • Best avatar I could have picked for this site...
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2011, 08:06:07 PM »
Dragonball Z Kai eliminates a good number of the filler and padding.

This is true, but the fun of Dragonball is still missing.
There's always the Buu Saga, except Kai ended with Cell... I've always been partial to both series. I also like Full metal Alchemist, Cowboy Bebop, Detective Conan, Lupin III, a lot of the usual suspects. I'm just a big fan of animation in general though, Japanese or otherwise.
Please don't ever use the words "Charlie Sheen" and "pumps" in the same sentence again.

Offline Raefire

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 571
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2011, 08:17:46 PM »
This was a bit surprisng to me, but so far two of the Marvel Anime series on G4 have been rather entertaining. The Iron Man one was very good, and so far, the X-Men one has been just as good, if a little longer on the draw with the plot.

I'm praying the Blade anime will be like those two shows once it finally hits our shores, and not like the solo Wolverine anime. The action sequences in that series were pretty much the only reason I watched the whole 12 episodes. I'd rather watch X-Men Origins: Wolverine again than that series....

Russell

« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2012, 08:12:54 PM »
I said this before, but I really like Lucky Star. It's a lot of fun to watch.

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Riff Super Monsters
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2012, 12:59:24 PM »
ANN has reported that FUNimation is suing A.D. Vision owner John Ledford, ADV and the other companies related to ADV's breakup such as Sentai Filmworks and Section 23 for breach of contract and other things. FUNimation claims these companies owe them an estimated US$8 million plus additional fees.

FUNimation is suing because of the contract they had made with ARM to pick up the 30 former-ADV titles in July of 2008. FUNimation alleges in the lawsuit that they became a creditor of ADV when they licensed these titles and ADV owed ARM money. FUNimation claims that their contract with ARM says, among other things, that they can enforce ARM's contract to collect on the debt ADV owed, making them a creditor.

It is claimed that ADV never paid the debt and instead sold its assets to several other companies, owned by executives at what was ADV, for below market value, in an attempt to get away from paying the debt in some way, and that the new companies are also on the hook for the debt. FUNimation also wants the court to void this sale of assets, which occurred back in 2009, and wants a jury trial.

All of the non-ADV defendants—Sentai Filmworks, Section 23, etc.—responded in a counterclaim that they do not have a contract with FUNimation and are not liable for the debt. Among other things, they also claim the statute of limitations has passed.

Don't expect any resolution on this fast. If they don't end up settling and this goes to court, the first pre-trial meeting is scheduled for October 5, 2012.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2012/01/13-1/funimation-sues-ad-vision-sentai-and-more-over-claimed-unpaid-debt

*sigh*

Offline LucasM

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2012, 01:36:02 PM »
All of the non-ADV defendants—Sentai Filmworks, Section 23, etc.—responded in a counterclaim that they do not have a contract with FUNimation and are not liable for the debt. Among other things, they also claim the statute of limitations has passed.

Hopefully attorneys will state that this is the same as those other companies receiving stolen merchandise.  And, just as stolen merchandise is confiscated by the law and given back to the 'owning' party, these properties should go back to their original owners.  With that, any profits made from their use by those companies would rightfully go to the company that legally owned them.

However, this approach hasn't been used in many court cases I would have LIKED to have seen it used in (e.g. ENRON managers, Madoff, etc.), so I doubt that any attorneys involved will think of it or try it.

[And, of course, none of this makes it possible for any of those properties to see the light of day for YEARS here... which I believe was The Smooze's point.]

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Riff Super Monsters
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2012, 06:33:08 PM »
i am hoping they settle out of court my self 

Offline LucasM

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2012, 07:44:39 PM »
Among the 'WTF' of the day...

Incense with DragonBallZ promotional items:

[Site wouldn't let me link to the main picture for the page.  There's more there.]

Nippon Kodo makes great incense if you are into that.  [I especially enjoy their less expensive Sandalwood (in the red box).]
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 08:38:33 PM by LucasM »