Author Topic: Good anime  (Read 30146 times)

Online Russoguru

• Big Montana
  • Liked:
  • Anger is the shortest distance to a mistake.
Re: Good anime
« Reply #240 on: September 06, 2017, 07:34:13 PM »
I don't think ping pong has ever been represented in such a bad-ass manner.

Offline Jesse412

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked:
  • Old Curmudgeon
    • My deviantART Gallery
« Reply #241 on: September 10, 2017, 12:05:08 PM »
Decided to catch up on some anime this weekend and ended up binge watching the first three episodes of One-Punch Man. I wasn't impressed by the 2015 FCBD issue of the manga but the anime is pretty enjoyable. It's basically a parody of the superhero and Seinen genres. I think the use of the humor works well and there's tons of over-the-top action scenes.

Also recently I started watching the second season of Attack on Titan last weekend. It pretty much starts out with all hell breaking loose and introduces a new type of Titan.

I've also been enjoying Lupin the Third Part IV which is pretty much the same as the earlier series I remember watching on Adult Swim back-in-the-day, which I think was part II.

Adult Swim also started reairing episodes of Outlaw Star which I only vaguely remember. I'm not a huge fan of the art style but it seems interesting enough. Anyone familiar with this series?
"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Online Russoguru

• Big Montana
  • Liked:
  • Anger is the shortest distance to a mistake.
« Reply #242 on: September 10, 2017, 03:58:49 PM »
Apparently Fathom events is going to be showing Spirited Away for a limited time in movie theaters. I've never seen it but I've heard so many good things.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #243 on: September 10, 2017, 04:05:23 PM »
They've been doing a whole Studio Ghibli thing all summer. I haven't made it to any of them, and they're all on my must-watch-someday list, but I hear they're all fantastic. Maybe I'll try to make it to the last two.

https://www.fathomevents.com/series/studio-ghibli-fest

Offline RoninFox

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked:
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #244 on: September 11, 2017, 11:25:02 AM »
Been many years since I've seen Outlaw Star, but I still have those DVD sets sitting somewhere. I remember it being pretty fascinating throughout. I always imagined that Joss Whedon got his Firefly inspiration from a combo of it and Cowboy Bebob, but Outlaw Star has a lot more of a Star Warsy mysticism to it.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing