Author Topic: Young Justice  (Read 2830 times)

Offline TTYT

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 5
Young Justice
« on: November 15, 2010, 03:32:49 PM »
I can't believe I missed this - apparently the creator of Gargoyles is working on a DC-related animated series (emphasis added by me):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Young_Justice_(TV_series)

Young Justice is an upcoming American animated television series created by Greg Weisman and Brandon Vietti for Cartoon Network. Despite its title, it is not an adaptation of Todd Dezago and Todd Nauck's Young Justice series of comics

Slightly disappointing that it's not an adaptation of the comic series, but Greg Wiseman in the DC Animated Universe? That can only be good (hell, the guy managed to make W.I.T.C.H. even better than it already was...)

Oh, yeah - it'll be on Cartoon Network.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 03:35:54 PM by TTYT »

Offline Scribblesense

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 2
  • I use every color in the box. At once.
Re: Young Justice
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 04:16:45 PM »
Is that my future girlfriend Miss Martian? Fun!

Seen a few promos for this, and it's looking good, though I hope they don't focus a lot on the younger superheroes playing second fiddle to the real, adult Justice League - which, unfortunately, seems like the entire premise for the show. That would get tiring pretty damn quick.

Mostly I'm just glad that Cartoon Network is still making cartoons.
"Hey, you kids! Those boxes are for shipping! Not for creating a world of pure imagination!"

Offline TTYT

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, 04:39:16 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/dZ07Bu5iQZE" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/dZ07Bu5iQZE</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/cmNXbZzlfgI" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/cmNXbZzlfgI</a>

« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 04:53:38 PM by TTYT »

Doctor Who?

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 05:04:16 AM »
Is this being done by the same guy who did Spectacular Spiderman?

Offline TTYT

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2010, 09:36:42 PM »
Is this being done by the same guy who did Spectacular Spiderman?

Yep!

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 4815
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2010, 05:34:50 PM »
Even if it's not really based on the same series, they need to get Peter David to write an episode.

Offline TTYT

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2010, 11:31:53 AM »
Even if it's not really based on the same series, they need to get Peter David to write an episode.

I agree. And the good thing? If they ask him to, he'll do it: http://www.peterdavid.net/index.php/2010/02/02/young-justice-league/

Offline Raefire

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 571
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 12:04:46 PM »
So, this show isn't dead after all! Season 1 resumes on Sept. 16th at 6:30pm (ET/PT):

“Targets” – Red Arrow’s battle to prevent the League of Shadows from inciting a war, pits him against the world’s most dangerous assassins – and allies him with someone more dangerous still.  Too bad Aqualad couldn’t convince him to ask The Team for help…

http://www.nickandmore.com/2011/08/16/star-wars-the-clone-wars-season-4-premieres-friday-september-16-on-cartoon-network/

Offline Scribblesense

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 2
  • I use every color in the box. At once.
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2011, 02:16:24 PM »
Yep, they're going to round out this season with a few more episodes, and then they're into Season 2 which will probably premiere Spring 2012.

Slated to appear in the next new episode (when Miss Martian and Superboy start going to school) are Wendy and Marvin (caretakers of Wonderdog, originally from the old SuperFriends cartoon) Bumblebee, and Herald/Hornblower (though as civilians, whether or not they have their powers is unknown at this point).
"Hey, you kids! Those boxes are for shipping! Not for creating a world of pure imagination!"

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 972
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2016, 03:42:11 PM »
(Blows a lot of dust off the thread.)

‘Young Justice’ Returns: Season 3 Of Cult DC Animated Series Set For Production

The rumors are true. Three years after Young Justice was cancelled by Cartoon Network, the cult action-animated series is coming back. Warner Bros. Animation just announced that it has begun production on a third season of all-new episodes of the series based on the characters from DC Entertainment.

There is no network for the revival yet. There had been a lot of chatter over the past 10 months about a new season of Young Justice, possibly on Netflix, fueled in large part by comments made by the show’s creators Brandon Vietti and Greg Weisman. The streaming service carries the existing two seasons of Young Justice and is considered a suitable home as it has successfully revived several cult series already, though sources note that the animated show is in the marketplace and no decision has been made on a network partner yet. The new season hails from the same creative team, led by Vietti (Batman: Under the Red Hood, Superman: Doomsday) and Weisman (Star Wars Rebels, Gargoyles).

Neat. I watched this a few months back and it was a rather good show.

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2016, 07:19:55 PM »
I still haven't seen the show, but I'm glad.  Particularly because it's cancellation has a lot to do with really stupid reasons.  Apparently, there's a large female fanbase and the concern was "girls don't buy toys".  Which.  Is. Stupid.

Interestingly, it's similar to how Freakazoid was cancelled because despite good ratings, the audience was over 14 and I guess whoever was at the top was hoping for a more juvenile audience.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 972
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2016, 08:05:14 PM »
I've seen multiple people say that, including some involved with the show, but I remain skeptical. Let me tell you a little story.

Last weekend, Blizzard held their annual convention and they held a panel about World of Warcraft. Now, over the years, there has been an item (the base backpack) that players have complained about being too small. And for 10 years, the developers have repeatedly said "This can't be expanded. Blah blah. Computer reasons." This weekend the question came up again and one of the developers replied "Yeah, we've said that it can't be expanded, but after the last time we said that, one of programmers came up and told us that actually, yeah, that's never really been the case. Someone just told us the wrong info and we've been repeating it. Whoops."

I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case behind the YJ cancellation. At some point, someone said "It's because too many girls were watching" and it just got repeated and never really was the case.

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2016, 08:17:07 PM »
That's certainly possible.  Still, I wouldn't be surprised either way.  I mean, for both Age of Ultron and the Force Awakens, there was a noted lack of merchandising featuring the female characters, even replacing Black Widow with Captain America in a playset featuring a particular scene where the Widow gets to shine.  Heck, Mark Ruffalo said that "please let my daughter have a Black Widow figure."

So I think you could be right, but there is a weird approach to this kind of stuff along gender lines.  It could just be the case that such a precedent help such rumours seem plausible.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2379
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2016, 07:21:45 PM »
Anytime you are dealing with merchandising, and especially toy merchandising, there do seem to be extra layers of ingrained sexism involved. While we can't know for absolute certain, the idea that a superhero cartoon series would be hampered by what the action figure market tries to dictate has the ring of truth to it.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing