Author Topic: New Short "Magical Disappearing Money" Available Now!!!  (Read 7567 times)

Offline Rebochan

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked:
Re: New Short "Magical Disappearing Money" Available Now!!!
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2010, 03:13:00 PM »
I've watched this a few times now and the line about feeding the cat rotting garbage kills me every time.

I'd also like to add, as the Riffers noted at once point, things like instant oatmeal and pudding cups are targeted at not only saving time, but being taken to places where you won't have a stove or tons of dishware and thus eaten quickly.

Yea, the witch kinda lost me at the cornflakes bit.  I mean...no.  There's a world of difference between Fruit Loops and Corn Flakes With Sugar Thrown On Top.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked:
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2010, 07:19:13 PM »
I've watched this a few times now and the line about feeding the cat rotting garbage kills me every time.

I'd also like to add, as the Riffers noted at once point, things like instant oatmeal and pudding cups are targeted at not only saving time, but being taken to places where you won't have a stove or tons of dishware and thus eaten quickly.

Yea, the witch kinda lost me at the cornflakes bit.  I mean...no.  There's a world of difference between Fruit Loops and Corn Flakes With Sugar Thrown On Top.

What?   You mean your mom did not just pour pudding in your lunch sack when you were a kid?    YOU RICH FAT CAT!

And powdered milk..... really?    :speechless:

Offline kebsis

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2010, 10:40:34 PM »
The Bargain Wench (or whatever) looked very familiar to me too, but I think it might just be that she's doing a Bewitched impersonation. 

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked:
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2010, 08:52:32 AM »

What?   You mean your mom did not just pour pudding in your lunch sack when you were a kid?    YOU RICH FAT CAT!

And powdered milk..... really?    :speechless:

Gordon:  I called McNeill a buttock smoocher!
Fran: What?  Why?
Gordon:  It was that horrible lunch you packed Fran.  It got me all confused.  Soup in a bag?
Fran: Well you never bring bowls home!

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2014, 09:43:47 PM »
Do people honestly think that powdered milk tastes better than fresh milk?

Ugh...... :scared:

Nope, Powdered Milk is foul, Mum would buy it regularly.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 09:46:08 PM by BathTub »

Offline KidFlash

• Big Montana
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2014, 10:43:55 PM »
This might be my favorite short that's not yet on a DVD collection.

Offline CESkootchy

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2016, 04:23:48 AM »
Showed this to my mom tonight and she swears she knows she seen the Grocery Witch somewhere before. Anyone have any ideas on who she is where I could find out her name?  ???

The Bargain Wench (or whatever) looked very familiar to me too, but I think it might just be that she's doing a Bewitched impersonation.

I know this is ancient history, but I am 97% certain that the Grocery Witch is Madeline Kahn before she became famous for her Mel Brooks movie roles. The copyright year of 1972 also lines up with her first major film role in "What's Up, Doc?" That and it looks and sounds just like her, but acting credits are nowhere to be found. I'm hoping someone else can confirm this.