Author Topic: The Walking Thread! (May contain spoilers)  (Read 39850 times)

Offline NRRork

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
    • Yep, I have a deviantART gallery. But it's pretty cheerful drawings-- no angsty poems or black-and-white photos of wooden chairs.
Re: The Walking Thread! (May contain spoilers)
« Reply #435 on: March 12, 2017, 09:04:32 PM »
Well, THAT was definitely one of their more padded episodes. And kudos to them for boldly doing what everyone else already predicted was gonna happen.

Offline NRRork

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
    • Yep, I have a deviantART gallery. But it's pretty cheerful drawings-- no angsty poems or black-and-white photos of wooden chairs.
« Reply #436 on: March 19, 2017, 09:30:35 PM »
I called last week's episode padded. . . and it was, but TONIGHT, dear god.

I hate to be so critical of the show because when they nail it I'm quick to heap praise as well, but dammit, this is just so much filler when they should be ratcheting up the drama and tension. This is Herschel's farm level feet-dragging here.

I can't wait to see All Out War play out on the show, but I shudder to think how much they drag THAT out. I'll admit they're in a bit of bind: they couldn't have done the introduction of Negan and the coming war in just one season. That would've been a little TOO rushed, but it's not really enough for 32 hours either so they had to extend it a bit.

But they could've filled it out with BETTER stuff.

Offline NRRork

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
« Reply #437 on: April 03, 2017, 07:12:23 AM »
A little Helms Deepy, but it was still fun to watch.

And the closing feel-good monologue made Glenn out to be like the 42 of the zombie apocalypse. He's THE answer to everything. It would work the other way, too. Imagine if Deep Thought's answer after all those millions of years was "Glenn". it would've been just as unhelpful. 42 is funnier, though.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #438 on: April 03, 2017, 07:23:16 AM »
You can anticipate it all season, but nothing can prepare you mentally for a
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
<a href="http://tinyurl.com/5nx4dh" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://tinyurl.com/5nx4dh</a>