login

Author Topic: The Walking Thread! (May contain spoilers)  (Read 44133 times)

Offline NRRork

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 41
    • Yep, I have a deviantART gallery. But it's pretty cheerful drawings-- no angsty poems or black-and-white photos of wooden chairs.
Re: The Walking Thread! (May contain spoilers)
« Reply #435 on: March 12, 2017, 09:04:32 PM »
Well, THAT was definitely one of their more padded episodes. And kudos to them for boldly doing what everyone else already predicted was gonna happen.
I used to have an image here, but Photobucket got cheap about remote linking. I guess I'll have to think of something witty instead. Which I will. Later. It caught me by surprise, in all honesty. It's hard to be clever on command, I mean, YOU try it. Be funny: NOW! See, tough. So, gimme a bit, 'kay?

Offline NRRork

• Not Hurt By Pain
    • Yep, I have a deviantART gallery. But it's pretty cheerful drawings-- no angsty poems or black-and-white photos of wooden chairs.
« Reply #436 on: March 19, 2017, 09:30:35 PM »
I called last week's episode padded. . . and it was, but TONIGHT, dear god.

I hate to be so critical of the show because when they nail it I'm quick to heap praise as well, but dammit, this is just so much filler when they should be ratcheting up the drama and tension. This is Herschel's farm level feet-dragging here.

I can't wait to see All Out War play out on the show, but I shudder to think how much they drag THAT out. I'll admit they're in a bit of bind: they couldn't have done the introduction of Negan and the coming war in just one season. That would've been a little TOO rushed, but it's not really enough for 32 hours either so they had to extend it a bit.

But they could've filled it out with BETTER stuff.
I used to have an image here, but Photobucket got cheap about remote linking. I guess I'll have to think of something witty instead. Which I will. Later. It caught me by surprise, in all honesty. It's hard to be clever on command, I mean, YOU try it. Be funny: NOW! See, tough. So, gimme a bit, 'kay?

Offline NRRork

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #437 on: April 03, 2017, 07:12:23 AM »
A little Helms Deepy, but it was still fun to watch.

And the closing feel-good monologue made Glenn out to be like the 42 of the zombie apocalypse. He's THE answer to everything. It would work the other way, too. Imagine if Deep Thought's answer after all those millions of years was "Glenn". it would've been just as unhelpful. 42 is funnier, though.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2171
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #438 on: April 03, 2017, 07:23:16 AM »
You can anticipate it all season, but nothing can prepare you mentally for a
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #439 on: July 03, 2017, 12:29:36 PM »
So if anyone gave up on Fear the Walking Dead over the course of the first two seasons, there's been a lot of course correction and this season has actually been some compelling stuff. I don't know if it's compelling enough to push through the first two seasons to get there, but if you gave up fairly recently, you might want to pick it back up.

Offline NRRork

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #440 on: July 07, 2017, 04:28:10 AM »
Yeah, it's been a huge improvement. The season premiere kinda bored me, but it's gotten better since then.

I like how we have some characters this time where it's not clear if they're villains or not. I can sense a big conflict coming, and I don't know who's gonna be on which side. I like that. The Walking Dead has such transparently evil antagonists, even the Governor, who started out seeming affable and could've been a surprise to people unfamiliar with the comics, was revealed to be evil right at the start with his fish tank of floating heads and shit.

And Rick ALWAYS has to be vindicated because he's the zombie apocalypse messiah, not to be confused with the guy on the show named Jesus. The right side is always revealed to be whatever side he's on.

Offline Jesse412

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 0
  • Old Curmudgeon
    • My deviantART Gallery
« Reply #441 on: August 04, 2017, 11:17:02 PM »
I didn't think season 7 was as strong as season 6 which I thought was arguably one of their best efforts since season 1.

AMC released a trailer for the upcoming season 8 at SDCC. For those not caught up on the current season there are spoilers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3l82kiUvnKM

"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Offline NRRork

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #442 on: August 05, 2017, 02:54:49 AM »
^ Yeah, I think it could be one of three possible things.

1) Your guess that it's from mid-season.
2) It's a flash-forward kinda thing to start the season, like the fifth season premiere of Breaking Bad.
3) It'll be a teaser for the very end of the season finale.

Offline Jesse412

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Old Curmudgeon
    • My deviantART Gallery
« Reply #443 on: November 06, 2017, 10:58:13 AM »
Season 8 episode 3 "Monsters"

Another episode full of intense action and a few interesting character moments. 
"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #444 on: November 06, 2017, 11:05:46 AM »
Gunplay scenes bore me to tears, but the character moments are keeping me watching.

Offline NRRork

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #445 on: November 18, 2017, 03:59:48 PM »
The action is fine, I'm just glad it's not such a gloomfest like it was this time last year. Like, the author of The Road was watching that shit and being all "It's too much, man, you're bringing us all down."

I'm a little worried about what the future villains are gonna be like on the show, though. Even though it's not until at least next season, like, Negan has been really unpopular with non-comic fans-- I like him better now that he and Rick seem more evenly matched. But for people who though HE didn't transfer from comic to show well, I dread what they'll think of what's coming next.

Offline Jesse412

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Old Curmudgeon
    • My deviantART Gallery
« Reply #446 on: November 19, 2017, 04:16:30 PM »
Season 8 Episode 4 "Some Guy"

Offline NRRork

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #447 on: November 20, 2017, 04:29:48 AM »
Well, for those of you who were getting bored of the action episodes, this one might be much more to your liking. It's one of the most suspenseful "slow" episodes I've seen. I imagine this is the Saviors at their lowest point before they go all Empire Strikes Back on our rebel alliance.

Excellent Negan episode, too, even for those who don't really like him.