login

Author Topic: The Walking Thread! (May contain spoilers)  (Read 54463 times)

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3176
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
Re: The Walking Thread! (May contain spoilers)
« Reply #405 on: November 13, 2016, 10:49:03 PM »
Well I HOPE we're not in for an entire season of Rick & Co. kowtowing to Negan. I thought the episode was all right, but yeah, the choice to go an extra half hour was kind of odd.

Offline NRRork

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 91
    • Yep, I have a deviantART gallery. But it's pretty cheerful drawings-- no angsty poems or black-and-white photos of wooden chairs.
« Reply #406 on: November 13, 2016, 10:52:40 PM »
I'm not even sure how many people will stick around for that, frankly?

Do you have any idea how the production schedule of this show works? Like, what's the earliest episode that could theoretically be made after they theoretically realized "Oh SHIT! We gotta really change course here, they're HATING this."
I used to have an image here, but Photobucket got cheap about remote linking. I guess I'll have to think of something witty instead. Which I will. Later. It caught me by surprise, in all honesty. It's hard to be clever on command, I mean, YOU try it. Be funny: NOW! See, tough. So, gimme a bit, 'kay?

Offline NRRork

• Not Hurt By Pain
    • Yep, I have a deviantART gallery. But it's pretty cheerful drawings-- no angsty poems or black-and-white photos of wooden chairs.
« Reply #407 on: November 14, 2016, 02:24:26 PM »
I've seen TONS of posts since last night about how many people can't wait to see Rick viciously murder Negan.

It's a curse to be right THIS OFTEN! ^_^
I used to have an image here, but Photobucket got cheap about remote linking. I guess I'll have to think of something witty instead. Which I will. Later. It caught me by surprise, in all honesty. It's hard to be clever on command, I mean, YOU try it. Be funny: NOW! See, tough. So, gimme a bit, 'kay?

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #408 on: November 14, 2016, 02:41:44 PM »
Just because it's what everyone wants to see doesn't mean the show has to give it to us. In many cases, they shouldn't.

See: Will They/Won't They Relationships. As soon as they do, it kills the drama.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 03:03:29 PM by Pak-Man »

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 755
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #409 on: November 14, 2016, 03:51:15 PM »
I've seen TONS of posts since last night about how many people can't wait to see Rick viciously murder Negan.

I really hope AMC has the guts to follow the comic. I really doubt they will though. Anytime an episode is devoted to character development and doesn't have any zombie action the internet says the episode sucks .
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #410 on: November 14, 2016, 03:54:54 PM »
Whatever the Internet says, the audience keeps coming back. I don't know if it's become the show everyone loves to rage-watch, or if people are enjoying it a lot more than they say they are. I suspect the latter.

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #411 on: November 14, 2016, 09:42:45 PM »

I really hope AMC has the guts to follow the comic. I really doubt they will though. Anytime an episode is devoted to character development and doesn't have any zombie action the internet says the episode sucks .

Well, they didn't do Lori's death right, and I'm pretty sad about that because fuck that fucking bitch I hate her so much "RICK SHANE IS DANGEROUS YOU NEED TO KILL HIM WAIT YOU KILLED HIM OMFG YOU ARE THE WORST PERSON I HATE YOU."

On the other hand, Daryl and Merle are gems that the comic didn't get to have, so I guess it's nearly even.

It's actually kind of fun to go back and look at the paths that lead to where we are today in the show. Like, Dale shouldn't have saved Andrea, because she's a fucking whoRE WHO FUCKING FUCKS EVERY GOD DAMNED ANTAGONIST LIKE IT'S GOING OUT OF STYLE AND IS A COCKY WASTE OF SPACE PIECE OF HUMAN GARBAGE. It would've saved a lot of grief with the Governor. who I actually think is more dangerous than Negan, funnily enough. The Governor is a smooth talking car salesman type villain, he gets you to like him, and you want to believe all his lies. Negan(ironically a former car salesman, if I remember right) couldn't give two shits if you believe him or not. He has clear boundaries and set rules. You do what he says, or he will beat you to death with his vampire bat. The Governor kills out of rage and revenge. Negan kills because he wants to impose order on things.

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3563
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #412 on: November 15, 2016, 05:59:26 AM »
I'm pretty sick off Negan's shtick. Does he have autism or something?

Offline NRRork

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #413 on: November 15, 2016, 08:28:16 AM »
I'm not saying DON'T do it like the comics, I'm just saying people are gonna be pissed if they continue with this overkill. Even a lot of people who praised Negan in the finale are getting tired of it now that it's obvious he has NO off switch on that, and he wasn't just making an entrance.

My point is they're overdoing it. I compare it to Game of Thrones, they've done HORRIBLE things on that show, it's more violent than THIS show, but the Red Wedding, for example, was over in like two of three minutes. We've seen three-and-a-half full, uninterrupted episodes of Negan and his army of mouth-breathers.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 08:49:43 AM by NRRork »

Offline NRRork

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #414 on: November 15, 2016, 08:31:56 AM »
And I just read that last night had the lowest rating for the show in four years. I mean, it's still doing more than well enough for that to ever be a danger, but that's still not good.

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3563
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #415 on: November 15, 2016, 08:58:58 AM »
And I just read that last night had the lowest rating for the show in four years. I mean, it's still doing more than well enough for that to ever be a danger, but that's still not good.

I think a lot of people are trying to avoid depressing stuff right now.

Offline NRRork

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #416 on: November 20, 2016, 09:27:26 PM »
Okay, that was an improvement. Still a little slow at first, but some fun moments, and watching Jesus kickbox a horde of zombies was pretty badass (shit, THERE'S a sentence I never thought I'd say). I even laughed at that lock on the car being shaped like a middle finger-- which, yeah, I actually LAUGHED a couple times tonight, fancy that.

But it WENT somewhere, and it ended on a good note that, FINALLY, someone is starting to do something for christ's sake. The people who always (correctly) accuse Coral of doing dumb things won't care for this, but SOMEONE has to do something. Especially since Rick still hasn't healed from his trip to the vet-- he's got that cone around his neck to keep him from chewing on the incisions, but eventually the inflammation will go down and what's left of his scrotum will fill with fatty tissue and heal.

I've seen better episodes, but at this point any time I can make it to 11pm without being thirsty for hemlock is a win.

Offline NRRork

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #417 on: November 27, 2016, 10:28:18 PM »
I'm sure there was an episode tonight, it was hard to stay awake during it. New location. . . nothing else. Filler episode. . . zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz --I'M AWAKE!

I was so excited about seeing a new settlement that was only mentioned in the comics, but. . . zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz-- OH! And they added a new element to the Saviors' over-the-top villainy. If everything else didn't cause audiences to want them burned at the stake: "murdered children" can be added to that.

There's only two episodes left until the hiatus, and nothing much has happened. God, even pretending to be sleepy in jest like that has actually made me a little drowsy. ^_^

This is the dilemma I feared: I didn't think they'd get through the Saviors' story arc in one season, but I wondered how they'd manage to get TWO seasons out of it. A buttload of filler is the answer. I mean, this was an opportunity to solve that problem by adding some new elements, but not really.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #418 on: November 27, 2016, 10:41:04 PM »
I loved it, but Tara's like my surrogate character right now. She's where I'd like to think I'd be in the apocalypse. Gotta keep that wry sense of humor.

Offline NRRork

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #419 on: December 04, 2016, 07:19:08 PM »
I haven't caught tonight's episode yet, but I'll give my $0.02 when I have.

But I WAS watching the Rifftrax to the first episode. Lot of early-installment weirdness there. The walkers seemed slightly smarter and some of them could run, but what I really found jarring is it took Rick four heavy swings from a baseball bat (oooo, too soon?) to bring one down.

These days they can drop a walker with a nerf gun. Apparently the human skull reaches a consistency not unlike wet tissue paper after it decays for a bit. ^_^