login

Author Topic: The Walking Thread! (May contain spoilers)  (Read 54958 times)

Offline NRRork

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 91
    • Yep, I have a deviantART gallery. But it's pretty cheerful drawings-- no angsty poems or black-and-white photos of wooden chairs.
Re: The Walking Thread! (May contain spoilers)
« Reply #390 on: October 27, 2016, 04:38:50 PM »
I did learn one new thing about Negan in the last couple days. According to the Walking Dead Wiki, he was a high school gym teacher before the zombie outbreak.

His character suddenly makes a lot more sense, doesn't it?
I used to have an image here, but Photobucket got cheap about remote linking. I guess I'll have to think of something witty instead. Which I will. Later. It caught me by surprise, in all honesty. It's hard to be clever on command, I mean, YOU try it. Be funny: NOW! See, tough. So, gimme a bit, 'kay?

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 768
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #391 on: October 27, 2016, 05:01:20 PM »
I did learn one new thing about Negan in the last couple days. According to the Walking Dead Wiki, he was a high school gym teacher before the zombie outbreak.

His character suddenly makes a lot more sense, doesn't it?

The Negan backstory is running every month in the IMAGE+ preview mag. I am sure once all 48 pages are done they will release it in one book.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline NRRork

• Not Hurt By Pain
    • Yep, I have a deviantART gallery. But it's pretty cheerful drawings-- no angsty poems or black-and-white photos of wooden chairs.
« Reply #392 on: October 30, 2016, 10:07:06 PM »
Well, I love Ezekiel already, as I figured I would.

Yeah, I think this is what was needed. It shows what can be built and what things can be like in the absence of people like Negan. THIS is what our heroes can have if they take that fucker down, as opposed to just getting to continue to trudge along in the bleak hell on earth. Which gives the conflict more meaning, and gives us something more substantial to root for.

I'd also like to note that Ezekiel was able to hunt feral pigs without much trouble, unlike a CERTAIN king I could name. . .
I used to have an image here, but Photobucket got cheap about remote linking. I guess I'll have to think of something witty instead. Which I will. Later. It caught me by surprise, in all honesty. It's hard to be clever on command, I mean, YOU try it. Be funny: NOW! See, tough. So, gimme a bit, 'kay?

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3569
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #393 on: November 04, 2016, 06:09:16 AM »
Ezekiel is the voice of Cyborg from Teen Titans Go :)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 07:57:39 AM by Kete »

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3212
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #394 on: November 04, 2016, 06:48:15 AM »
And the original Teen Titans, yeah. Right after that episode, I knew I recognized the voice from somewhere and looked him up. He's all over action 'toons and video games.

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #395 on: November 04, 2016, 09:20:21 AM »
.I'm kinda pissed that one of my friends on Facebook didn't follow the customary two weeks before posting spoilers. I found out the next morning about Abraham and Glenn because he decided to make a tasteless joke about Glenn knocking up Maggie and then dying to get out of it or something. For some reason, I felt the need to rewatch the series from the beginning to catch myself up, and I started Monday or so. Just watched Carol go beast mode on the Saviors, and I think it's sad that she's continually put into positions where she has to be incredibly brutal. The group needs a scalpel though, especially now that Glenn is gone.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3212
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #396 on: November 04, 2016, 09:30:12 AM »
Well without further spoiling things, Carol's arc this season seems to be about the ramifications of that very thing.

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #397 on: November 04, 2016, 06:10:22 PM »
Fuck, the last scene of season 6 is perfectly shot and executed(intended). I know what happens, and I'm still kind of in shock and terror from it.

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #398 on: November 04, 2016, 08:39:03 PM »
You're fucking shifting me, right - Carol

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 768
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #399 on: November 04, 2016, 09:01:40 PM »
.I'm kinda pissed that one of my friends on Facebook didn't follow the customary two weeks before posting spoilers.

Two weeks??   If your friend didn't post something, there is no way you wouldn't have had spoilers unless you just didn't use the internet for 2 weeks. It was everywhere. I didn't go online for a few hours before it aired because I knew it would leak somewhere (it did).
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #400 on: November 04, 2016, 09:20:08 PM »
.I'm kinda pissed that one of my friends on Facebook didn't follow the customary two weeks before posting spoilers.

Two weeks??   If your friend didn't post something, there is no way you wouldn't have had spoilers unless you just didn't use the internet for 2 weeks. It was everywhere. I didn't go online for a few hours before it aired because I knew it would leak somewhere (it did).

Actually, I've been on Reddit, imgur, Facebook, a few other places. He was the only one who spoiled it for me.

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3569
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #401 on: November 04, 2016, 10:28:26 PM »
I didn't see the episode until a couple days ago, and I wasn't spoiled :)

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #402 on: November 04, 2016, 10:59:03 PM »
Also, fuck, Negan is attractive. I mean, the whole killing people thing is a minus, but he's a silver fox, and those are my kryptonite.

Offline NRRork

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #403 on: November 13, 2016, 10:40:44 PM »
Are they just actively trying to antagonize their audience and repel them?

I just, what the actual fuck was this? They didn't use the extra half hour to advance the plot in any way, only to give us an extra large helping of cruelty, psychological abuse, and misery. Have we seriously not established enough that these guys are irredeemable bastards? "Irredeemable" being the problematic part: see the end of this post.

FUN! A great way to cap off the weekend! I mean, FUCK! At least when dark and tragic things happened BEFORE, it was the result of some kind of ACTION or at least MOVEMENT.

And I think them laying it on too thick is gonna really bite them in the ass if this follows the comic storyline and I have no real reason to doubt it won't. If they keep overdoing it like this,
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline NRRork

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #404 on: November 13, 2016, 10:45:54 PM »
And I said more or less the same thing on A.V. Club and of course some knuckle-dragging mouth breather immediately replies with more or less "Aww, the little wimp can't handle people being mean?"

As though that's the point. I saw a Rick bite a man's throat out for Christ's sake, I've seen them drape themselves in entrails, I've seen the most gruesome violence I've ever seen in any fiction on this show and that did not repel me. Just, the violence and the dark stuff at least was INTERESTING then, and was the result of ACTION.

People like that are the reason for all this show's shortcomings, because AMC feels the need to pander to THOSE dudebro dipshits.