Author Topic: The Dark Knight Rises  (Read 122631 times)

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2383
    • Ronin Fox Trax
Re: The Dark Knight Rises
« Reply #765 on: July 23, 2012, 10:53:31 AM »
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yeah, I agree. I don't think they explained that very well.

RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 755
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #766 on: July 23, 2012, 01:07:37 PM »

I don't think there is anything specific in the movie except the exposition about
I know that I read an article somewhere that instead of the drug/steroid Venom as in  the comics it was
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 1185
« Reply #767 on: July 23, 2012, 06:21:15 PM »
Film comes full circle, like poetry.

Russell

« Reply #768 on: July 23, 2012, 09:13:01 PM »
Film comes full circle, like poetry.

George Lucas: It's like poetry, so that they rhyme.... Hopefully it'll work

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 4402
  • You're all invited to my bunga bunga party!
« Reply #769 on: July 24, 2012, 11:00:06 AM »
Read this review of The Dark Knight Rises (or, as my mother called it, "Night Life"). Just a warning, there are massive spoilers in the article so don't read it unless you've seen the movie.

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2012/07/24/dark-knight-rises-review-logic-symbolism-christopher-nolan-batman/#ixzz21Yh6fO5X

It was an interesting read, but now I'm wondering just what the hell I was watching. I remember very little of what was discussed in this article; the whole middle of the movie was kind of boring so I pretty much just zoned out. I have no idea, for instance,

I do agree about Tom Hardy's voice, though, and I just looked up his picture and omg he is a total babe.
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Offline Relaxing Dragon

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1218
  • I raise my eyebrow at you, sir.
« Reply #770 on: July 24, 2012, 11:09:48 AM »
I'm seeing it again to get a better hold on things. I'm still digging it in my head, but it remains to be seen if everything holds up on a second viewing. I'll do a big write up afterword (which will be most repetition by now).

Meanwhile:
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 06:48:44 PM by Relaxing Dragon »

MontyServo

« Reply #771 on: July 24, 2012, 05:56:45 PM »
I have no idea, for instance,

I am drawing a blank as well.  A lot of stuff happens in that movie, it is easy to forget some of the smaller details.

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #772 on: July 24, 2012, 07:05:45 PM »
Evidently it was a huge plot point!

That's the thing that gets me about these Christopher Nolan movies. He has a tendency to let them become convoluted and difficult to follow. Inception was completely retarded with that. I dislike movies to begin with so popcorn movies is about my level. I find myself liking the actors as the characters they play more than the actual movie itself.
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Russell

« Reply #773 on: July 25, 2012, 12:21:20 AM »

That's the thing that gets me about these Christopher Nolan movies. He has a tendency to let them become convoluted and difficult to follow. Inception was completely retarded with that. I dislike movies to begin with so popcorn movies is about my level. I find myself liking the actors as the characters they play more than the actual movie itself.
I'll take Christopher Nolan's film-making over anything else out there today. I'm much more happy watching something "convoluted and difficult to follow" any day over something that outright insults my intelligence.

Offline Riffman for Hire

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 98
  • I'm in the riffing business.
« Reply #774 on: July 25, 2012, 04:03:03 AM »
There was some really sloppy stuff in the film.  For example, misspelling heist in a news article.  Two hundred and fifty million dollars and they can't use a spell checker?  And nobody caught that during editing?  And I wasn't even looking to nitpick things--I really wanted to enjoy myself.

Also the stock market chase.  In one part it's day, the next it's night.  Where's the transition?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 04:05:54 AM by Riffman for Hire »

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1269
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #775 on: July 25, 2012, 05:13:16 AM »
Well, they did mention it was 4am or so at the start of the raid

I have no idea, for instance,

I am drawing a blank as well.  A lot of stuff happens in that movie, it is easy to forget some of the smaller details.

Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #776 on: July 25, 2012, 06:50:41 AM »

I'll take Christopher Nolan's film-making over anything else out there today. I'm much more happy watching something "convoluted and difficult to follow" any day over something that outright insults my intelligence.

Does it have to be either or? Is it too much to ask to have a movie that's neither convoluted nor insulting to my intelligence? I love giant robots beating the shit out of each other but it's not as though I didn't think Michael Bay's Transformers didn't have godawful problems.
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Russell

« Reply #777 on: July 25, 2012, 10:30:36 AM »
Does it have to be either or? Is it too much to ask to have a movie that's neither convoluted nor insulting to my intelligence? I love giant robots beating the shit out of each other but it's not as though I didn't think Michael Bay's Transformers didn't have godawful problems.
I personally want a film that challenges me intellectually. I want it to keep me actively thinking and guessing what's going to happen next, as I believe that's the hallmark of the best cinema.

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #778 on: July 25, 2012, 10:47:39 AM »
I personally want a film that challenges me intellectually. I want it to keep me actively thinking and guessing what's going to happen next, as I believe that's the hallmark of the best cinema.

So you prefer movies that are needlessly complicated?
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Russell

« Reply #779 on: July 25, 2012, 10:49:21 AM »
So you prefer movies that are needlessly complicated?
Heh, I guess I do...