login

Author Topic: The Dark Knight Rises  (Read 137484 times)

Offline daltysmilth

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 45
  • This is MY Enterprise. Eat it, Abrams!
    • My Space
Re: The Dark Knight Rises
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2010, 07:26:31 PM »
I'd like to see Harvey Bullock and Renee Montoya brought into the "Nolan-verse".  They're both characters that I think would work well in Nolan's gritty "realistic" Gotham.  And they're interesting characters that a lot could be done with. 
CROW:  (Sinisterly) The Secret Government Eggo Project...
--Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie

"Jason, Chess is a game of chance."
-- My friend Shawn to my friend Jason upon being defeated at a game of Chess.

http://gh.ffshrine.org?r=112104

Offline daltysmilth

• My Space
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2010, 07:28:30 PM »
Actually, come to think of it, maybe Montoya is the new female character they're casting for.

Offline TTYT

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2010, 07:47:06 PM »
What about Black Mask? As long as he isn't as scene-gnashing as they made him in Batman: Under the Red Hood, I think he'd be a perfect fit for Nolan's Batman universe.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2603
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2010, 09:57:12 PM »
Actually, come to think of it, maybe Montoya is the new female character they're casting for.

I though they basically had her in the last one.

They had Ramirez, the only things she had in common with Montoya are that she's a cop, a woman, and Latina.  Montoya wouldn't have been bought out or bribed by the mob.
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline daltysmilth

• My Space
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2010, 08:52:15 AM »

They had Ramirez, the only things she had in common with Montoya are that she's a cop, a woman, and Latina.  Montoya wouldn't have been bought out or bribed by the mob.

Right, but I think I read that she was essentially their version of Montoya.

I thought I read somewhere that it was originally going to be Montoya, but they changed it to an original character because they thought fans would be upset at Montoya being portrayed as a cop who could be bought off.

Johnny Unusual

« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2010, 03:25:14 PM »

I thought I read somewhere that it was originally going to be Montoya, but they changed it to an original character because they thought fans would be upset at Montoya being portrayed as a cop who could be bought off.

Makes sense.  I think it would be cool if they did a Gotham Central TV series.  Makes more sense than the ill-fated Robin series that somebody tried to get off the ground.

Doctor Who?

« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2010, 04:28:21 PM »

Makes sense.  I think it would be cool if they did a Gotham Central TV series.  Makes more sense than the ill-fated Robin series that somebody tried to get off the ground.

That Robin series never

*takes off sunglasses*

...took wing...

YYYYYEEEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!!

Offline pezdrake

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 23
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2010, 06:03:29 PM »

That Robin series never

*takes off sunglasses*

...took wing...

ROCK!

Johnny Unusual

« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2010, 07:16:27 AM »

That Robin series never

*takes off sunglasses*

...took wing...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Johnny Unusual

« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2010, 02:07:05 PM »
Hey, speaking of TV and untrustworthy rumors

http://www.avclub.com/articles/warner-bros-rumored-to-be-prepping-new-liveaction,47765/

Frankly, if they wanted to go the "Smallville" route, a young inexperienced Bruce Wayne traveling around the world preparing for his war on crime would be cool.  But I, like the article, am not putting much stock into this happening.

Offline doggans

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 453
  • w00tstock Photobomb is TEARING Zombie Wiseau APAHT
    • doggans.com
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2010, 02:10:22 PM »
Until proven otherwise, I choose to believe that they're un-canceling "Birds of Prey".

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2010, 03:05:10 PM »
Frankly, if they wanted to go the "Smallville" route, a young inexperienced Bruce Wayne traveling around the world preparing for his war on crime would be cool. 
With a young Zatanna in tow? I could be down with that.

Johnny Unusual

« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2010, 07:18:49 PM »
Frankly, if they wanted to go the "Smallville" route, a young inexperienced Bruce Wayne traveling around the world preparing for his war on crime would be cool. 

Ooooh, that's good.  How can we sweeten the pot?  They could also bring back Kaiyodai Ken from the animated series.  And of course Ra's Al Ghul (since he's an international villain) could be the big bad for much of the series.  And Henri Ducard.  And since he's constantly trying to get taught by the best at what they do, there's always going to be people going after those types for whatever reason.  Oh, and Wildcat!  He taught the Batman boxing!  And he can learn meditation at Panda Narbat or whatever the hell that place is called.

The think the only issue is that there wouldn't be a recurring set that most TV series of these kind have... unless Bruce used his private zeppelin!  OK, maybe that last one just made it a little too awesome.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2010, 04:48:23 AM »
Ooooh, that's good.  How can we sweeten the pot?  They could also bring back Kaiyodai Ken from the animated series.  And of course Ra's Al Ghul (since he's an international villain) could be the big bad for much of the series.  And Henri Ducard.  And since he's constantly trying to get taught by the best at what they do, there's always going to be people going after those types for whatever reason.  Oh, and Wildcat!  He taught the Batman boxing!  And he can learn meditation at Panda Narbat or whatever the hell that place is called.

The think the only issue is that there wouldn't be a recurring set that most TV series of these kind have... unless Bruce used his private zeppelin!  OK, maybe that last one just made it a little too awesome.
As long as there's a hot lil brunette in some gritty re-imaging of fishnets and a tail-coat I'm fine with anything else. ;)

Actually the learning thing would be a fun recurring element as a engine for plot arcs.

And young Talia could provide the Betty to Zatanna's Veronica (have I got that the right way round? Ones a Brunette the other's a Blonde I know but I don't really read Archie, ever).

Offline The Manatee

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2010, 02:21:57 PM »
The problem here is most the original batman villains are just ridiculous, almost as bad as most of spiderman's. The good ones that could possibly be in a serious movie have been used up aside from the riddler, so what's left? Also twoface is a good character but damn the guy playing him was just awful, a blight on every scene he was in so he better not be back.