login

Author Topic: The Dark Knight Rises  (Read 138026 times)

Offline Cosmic Muse

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 0
  • Dragon of Light
Re: The Dark Knight Rises
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2010, 07:05:49 AM »
....and do not have Catwoman in it (unless she gets the shit kicked out of her in three seconds flat, that would be awesome).

You defame Catwoman in such a vulgar manner!!!! I only reserve such cruelty to a knock off like Black Cat from Spiderman who's nothing more than a Catwoman ripoff who's only purpose seems to be the boobies.
Being a genocidal maniac is not one of my turn ons.

Is it weird to hear the Safety Dance in my head watching Game of Thrones?

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2010, 07:54:53 AM »
I'd rather see Egg-Head or King Tut.
Yesh! Well the latter anyway. :)

Johnny Unusual

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2010, 05:50:09 PM »
Maybe they're going to do Jervis Tetch. He needs an "Alice."

Eh... too gimmicky a villain in my opinion.

Nobody agrees with my suggestion of Bane?  :(

I don't mind Bane, but like Hush, he is a little too constructed to be "the ultimate Batman villain."  Which is funny, because I am a fan of Dr. Hurt who sort of plays the same role (not that I want him in the movie, I just think there are certain elements of him they could use to beef up the Hugo Strange character.

I'd rather see Egg-Head or King Tut.
Yesh! Well the latter anyway. :)

He's your favourite honky!

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 633
  • Riff Super Monsters
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2010, 06:07:11 PM »
mark my words the penguin will be last  villain standing
ROBOT CO-OP IS GAMING COMEDY
https://robotco-op.com/

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3620
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2010, 01:05:19 PM »
No theories of the female character being Batgirl?!....only kidding....

I think that Penguin is already out of the question.  I don't think Nolan has said anything recently, but in the past he's said that the Penguin won't fit in this universe.  I'm thinking it will be a more obscure character that he can take a lot of licence with.  Perhaps Hush or Strange.  Maybe it will be a serial killer type like Zsasz.  I would also be happy to see Harley in this movie.

If Tom Hardy is to be one of the villains, I think he could do a decent job with a lot of villains, especially if they are reinterpreted by Nolan.

Since Tom Hardy has been cast, I wonder if Joseph Gordon Leavitt is out of the question.  I know you guys may beat me up for saying this, but I think he could do a decent job as a replacement for Heath Ledger (If you don't like Leavitt, go watch Brick right now).  Nolan has said that he won't replace Ledger, but I think that Leavitt would be a great addition in another role as well.

I think that the new Batman game, Arkham City, would be a great idea for a movie. 
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2607
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2010, 02:32:34 PM »
It'd be interesting if it were Zsasz, though he did already kinda have a cameo and he went out like a punk. (In Batman Begins, one of Falcone's goons has hatch marks showing. Whether this was meant to be Zsasz himself or just a subtle reference could change I guess since he wasn't named.)
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky

Johnny Unusual

« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2010, 06:04:16 PM »
It'd be interesting if it were Zsasz, though he did already kinda have a cameo and he went out like a punk. (In Batman Begins, one of Falcone's goons has hatch marks showing. Whether this was meant to be Zsasz himself or just a subtle reference could change I guess since he wasn't named.)

I just don't think he's interesting enough to carry an entire movie.  The fact is, even putting aside the Ledger factory, it's really had to follow up the character of the Joker.  I'm not the biggest fan of the 89 Batman, but I have a hard time blaming Burton for putting so much attention on the Joker, because even at his weakest, he's a fascinating character who, like Batman, can be approached in countless ways.  There are many other great Bat-villains, but the Joker is so amazing that if you can't have him in your movie, you are going to need to go in a very different direction (which, in a way, Dark Knight did when compared to Batman Begins).

That's why I think you might want to do a legion of madmen overtaking Gotham.  I also think, despite popular opinion, that you really do need to bring the Joker back.  Insanely challenging?  Definitely!  But I think that the Joker represents the sea change of crime in Gotham to simple corruption to (attempted) social erosion.

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2010, 07:05:02 PM »
Yeah, I think Bane (both in concept and design) is a little too "90s."

Hush could be interesting, but I think Hush only works as a concept when there's a really deep roster of supporting characters in Batman's world, which Nolan's version doesn't have just yet.
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline lassieface

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 250
  • Stuff is fun n' stuff!
    • Striped Tea Cup
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2010, 07:56:41 PM »
So presumably this will be "the greatest movie ever made by man ever of all time!"*

*that's sarcasm, folks, I sure it will be good

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1666
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2010, 04:03:25 AM »
So presumably this will be "the greatest movie ever made by man ever of all time!"*

*that's sarcasm, folks, I sure it will be good

Yeah, I'll be waiting for the breath-takingly snooty and condecending synopsis when the riff is relased.
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline NRRork

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 91
    • Yep, I have a deviantART gallery. But it's pretty cheerful drawings-- no angsty poems or black-and-white photos of wooden chairs.
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2010, 01:50:19 AM »
I think Batman should be the focus for the first 20 minutes, and then he seemingly dies and the rest of the movie features an androgynous rookie with platinum blond hair and a traumatic past as a child soldier.
I used to have an image here, but Photobucket got cheap about remote linking. I guess I'll have to think of something witty instead. Which I will. Later. It caught me by surprise, in all honesty. It's hard to be clever on command, I mean, YOU try it. Be funny: NOW! See, tough. So, gimme a bit, 'kay?

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3620
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2010, 07:05:43 AM »
Named Raiden?

Do I win anything for getting the reference?

Offline Scribblesense

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 2
  • I use every color in the box. At once.
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2010, 11:08:12 AM »

He was indeed named Zsasz, in the courtroom scene where he first appears. Crane has him sent to Arkham, citing his self-mutilation as the cause, so that he can do easy time and be released to Falcone sooner.
"Hey, you kids! Those boxes are for shipping! Not for creating a world of pure imagination!"

Offline Ketchup Pharaoh

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 0
  • When someone asks us if we're a god, we say yes!
    • Ketchup Pharaoh Productions iRiffs
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2010, 07:15:42 AM »
I think Hush would be a great villian. Very much like the anti-Bruce Wayne. Plus Bruce and Hush have a history together going all the way back their childhood. Could be interesting, although its not really a character mass society knows much about.

I'm more concerned why every movie now has to either Rise, Return, or take Revenge upon. Can't a movie just Be people? Can't it just Be!? Guess it does sound kind of cool though...

Offline pezdrake

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 23
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2010, 06:44:12 PM »
So much of the source material so far has been derived from the Loeb Batman stories.  I'd look to some of his work to figure out what will come next.