login

Author Topic: The Dark Knight Rises  (Read 123557 times)

Offline Scribblesense

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 2
  • I use every color in the box. At once.
The Dark Knight Rises
« on: October 28, 2010, 07:27:31 PM »
http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2010/10/27/christopher-nolan-reveals-title-of-third-batman-film-and-that-it-wont-be-the-riddler/

So, we know the title, and we know the villain won't be The Riddler (damnit!).

We also know that it is based on a comic book and will most likely be in color.

July 20, 2012 is the release date, and I'm counting every damn second.
"Hey, you kids! Those boxes are for shipping! Not for creating a world of pure imagination!"

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5898
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
Re: The Dark Knight Rises
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 07:38:30 PM »
You can call it any damn thing you please, I just ask two things: DO NOT HAVE A LOVE INTEREST, and do not have Catwoman in it (unless she gets the shit kicked out of her in three seconds flat, that would be awesome). The ultra serious Nolan version of  Batman has already figured out he can't have a girlfriend without endangering her (something the audience figured out many years ago), and would have no problem punching a female villain. So a background plotting type villain like Harley Quinn or Talia, that's fine.

Offline Scribblesense

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 08:26:14 PM »
You can call it any damn thing you please, I just ask two things: DO NOT HAVE A LOVE INTEREST, and do not have Catwoman in it (unless she gets the shit kicked out of her in three seconds flat, that would be awesome). The ultra serious Nolan version of  Batman has already figured out he can't have a girlfriend without endangering her (something the audience figured out many years ago), and would have no problem punching a female villain. So a background plotting type villain like Harley Quinn or Talia, that's fine.

Casting is underway for a new female character, sources say; that could be a villain, a new love interest, or just another character who happens to be a woman. My bet is on number three.

I also don't want Bruce to be all "mopey" because of Rachel's death, but I don't see how it's possible if the story is going to focus on Bruce Wayne as Batman again. If he can carry the burden of Harvey Dent's death, and the burden of the people the Joker killed, he can carry the burden of Rachel's death. That's the Batman I want to see.

As for a villain (since my top picks, Riddler and Mr. Freeze, have already been axed) - I'd like to see The Ventriloquist, though it would be difficult to make him intimidating.

My current top pick would be Bane. The highly intelligent and therefore more dangerous Bane, not the stupid grunting lugnut we saw in Batman and Robin. Maybe both, even.
"Hey, you kids! Those boxes are for shipping! Not for creating a world of pure imagination!"

Doctor Who?

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2010, 12:39:58 AM »

I don't know what about Catwoman as a costumed hero who is out to get Batman because she thinks he killed Dent?  Now that would be interesting.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2010, 05:12:08 AM »
So a background plotting type villain like Harley Quinn or Talia, that's fine.
I think most people who follow this here know what my choice would be.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2010, 06:01:41 AM »

I don't know what about Catwoman as a costumed hero who is out to get Batman because she thinks he killed Dent?  Now that would be interesting.
Not really, because that would be changing the backstory and motivastions and everything about the character (besides, Talia would have similar motivations because he killed Ras Al Gul) and she wouldn't be a threat to him in a fight.

Doctor Who?

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2010, 06:41:10 AM »

Not really, because that would be changing the backstory and motivastions and everything about the character (besides, Talia would have similar motivations because he killed Ras Al Gul) and she wouldn't be a threat to him in a fight.

Well The movie Joker and Ras Al Gul were not exactly the same as their comic book counter parts so I don't see how changing the back story would hurt that much.

Also they could cast an actress who works out in the part. 

I am not saying I want her in it just that there are ways that she could be it there is no reason the movie would be bad just because Catwoman is in it.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 08:15:13 AM by Doctor Who? »

Offline lmolson73

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2010, 07:41:58 PM »

I'd like to see Harley Quinn in a live action film, though I can't think of any particular actress who would be the best choice to play her. 

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2010, 07:47:03 PM »

I'd like to see Harley Quinn in a live action film, though I can't think of any particular actress who would be the best choice to play her. 
Me too. I think she'd be a good choice as she would be trying to free Joker from Arkham and she works mostly in the background, not a hand to hand combater. Maybe we only see the Joker in deep shadow and hear his voice a little.

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5185
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2010, 07:00:14 PM »
Yeah, I hope it's Talia.  They should also find a way to "resurrect" Ra's.

Well, there's always the Lazarus Pit, but that doesn't seem right for the movie versions of the character.  Still, that sounds like a fine idea.

Still, rather than one big villain, it could be a bunch of smaller ones (perhaps with the Penguin as a leader).  Not necessarily going for a lot of villains per se (we know how that usually turns out) but to continue the idea that both Batman and Joker changed everything and that classic crime has been replaced by madmen (which was tackled in the Long Halloween mini-series).  Scarecrow can come back in a small role.  You don't have to give them all special attention but just to show that traditional crime is being supplanted by something most destructive and unsettling.

Or maybe bring in Hugo Strange but also give him elements of recent Bat-Villain Dr. Hurt who wants to break down Batman both physically and psychologically.

If they do the Joker again, I think it would work, but it will be a Hell of a job for the actor replacing Ledger.

Me too. I think she'd be a good choice as she would be trying to free Joker from Arkham and she works mostly in the background, not a hand to hand combater. Maybe we only see the Joker in deep shadow and hear his voice a little.

I like Harley, but I don't think she belongs in the Nolan/Goyer version of Gotham.  She's a little too straightforwardly comedic.

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 623
  • Riff Super Monsters
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2010, 07:59:37 PM »
 the penguin being the new villain  would be great  he is really underappreciated.
ROBOT CO-OP IS GAMING COMEDY
https://robotco-op.com/

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2010, 08:16:10 PM »
the penguin being the new villain  would be great  he is really underappreciated.
And horribly butchered in Batman Returns.

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 623
  • Riff Super Monsters
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2010, 08:19:17 PM »
And horribly butchered in Batman Returns.

and now they have (slim)chance to redeem him by making him the new villain
ROBOT CO-OP IS GAMING COMEDY
https://robotco-op.com/

Offline Scribblesense

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2010, 09:44:33 PM »
Maybe they're going to do Jervis Tetch. He needs an "Alice."

Eh... too gimmicky a villain in my opinion.

Nobody agrees with my suggestion of Bane?  :(

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2010, 05:51:20 AM »
If they do the Joker again, I think it would work, but it will be a Hell of a job for the actor replacing Ledger.
Tommy Solomon man, or the kid that did this:

<a href="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/w2yv8aT0UFc?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;hd=1&amp;amp;color1=0x234900&amp;amp;color2=0x4e9e00" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/w2yv8aT0UFc?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;hd=1&amp;amp;color1=0x234900&amp;amp;color2=0x4e9e00</a>