login

Author Topic: Someone Please Explain Worthington to Me...  (Read 2845 times)

Offline Tony Farms AKA Puma Man

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 53
  • Anus Insurance?
Someone Please Explain Worthington to Me...
« on: October 24, 2010, 11:10:14 AM »
This guy is like a star, yet he has the charisma of a rutabaga. 

Do chicks think he's hot or something?

Offline Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2
  • Duck!!!
Re: Someone Please Explain Worthington to Me...
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2010, 11:26:07 AM »
Do chicks think he's hot or something?

There's always someone out there who would...and he's not a bad looking guy.  But I don't hear anything about him being some "screen idol".  I don't think he's getting roles based on that.

I think that Cameron saw his new Michael Biehn in him (resemblance-wise...he's not the actor Biehn is).  He got Clash on the weight of being in the very high profile Avatar....

After that?  Maybe it's just that he's not a drama queen, he shows up on time and isn't addicted to anything...so the studios love him?

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5897
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2010, 05:03:11 PM »
He's kind of the adult Shia LeBeuf. Just some actor Hollywood has decided arbitrarily to shove down our throats. I'm assuming there must be some form of lottery for this in Hollywood.

PSCD makes a good point, he's not a prima donna, he's not addicted to anything (that we know of yet). Which is why it's a shame that he is so bland and seemingly talentless as it would be good to see an actor without all those other personality issues succeed for once.

• Mr Bungle
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2010, 05:50:42 PM »
Which is why it's a shame that he is so bland and seemingly talentless as it would be good to see an actor without all those other personality issues succeed for once.

Daniel Craig, maybe?

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2010, 07:40:27 PM »
He reminds me of a buff Evan McGregor

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1269
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2010, 04:15:41 AM »
it would be good to see an actor without all those other personality issues succeed for once.

Besides Downey I can't think of a big name film actor who has addiction issues, most of that seemed to be between the 50's and the 80's.
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

• Mr Bungle
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2010, 06:35:04 PM »

Besides Downey I can't think of a big name film actor who has addiction issues, most of that seemed to be between the 50's and the 80's.

Oh, gee....let's see...Tom Sizemore, Heath Ledger (recovered before his death), Charlie Sheen, Drew Barrymore, Carrie Fisher just off the top of my head...Johnny Depp, Michael J. Fox and Ed Harris have admitted to drinking problems....Lindsay Lohan, ring a bell?

And those are just the ones that are public

Got to admit....you're consistant(ly wrong).

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1269
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2010, 09:16:53 PM »

Oh, gee....let's see...Tom Sizemore, Heath Ledger (recovered before his death), Charlie Sheen, Drew Barrymore, Carrie Fisher just off the top of my head...Johnny Depp, Michael J. Fox and Ed Harris have admitted to drinking problems....Lindsay Lohan, ring a bell?

And those are just the ones that are public

Got to admit....you're consistant(ly wrong).

I'll be the bigger man here, since I don't care enough to get into an arguement and honestly I feel sorry for you generally.

What leads you to call Tom Sizemore, Ed Harris, Charlie Sheen and Carrie Fisher big name actors?  Lindsay Lohan WAS granted but it's hardly like the 'Golden Age' of Hollywood where it seemed every name had a drinking problem or addiction or the 80's (which I would assume Sheen and Fischer's addictions started) where cocaine was rampant.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 04:07:49 AM by ScottH »
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)