login

Author Topic: Clash of the Covers  (Read 8432 times)

Offline TheUnabeefer

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 937
  • I am a flying cow... worship me or DIE!!!
    • The Unabeefer Beefs
Clash of the Covers
« on: October 22, 2010, 04:06:52 PM »
...and there he was, reigning supreme at number two.  The One... The Only... The Unabeefer.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 988
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
Release the Covers!
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 04:08:51 PM »
Yeah. Maybe I'll do one. It'll go here.

Offline Piobman

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 142
    • Riff Cover Art
Re: Release the Covers!
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 10:38:17 PM »
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 03:37:06 AM by Piobman »

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
Re: Release the Covers!
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2010, 05:03:23 AM »

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 383
  • Show yourself! Otherwise, we'll kill some diffrum!
Re: Clash of the Covers
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2010, 12:17:24 PM »
I probably should have brought this up a long time ago, but I was just wondering... why not use the poster from RiffTrax as the cover?  Too small?

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2010, 12:20:24 PM »
I probably should have brought this up a long time ago, but I was just wondering... why not use the poster from RiffTrax as the cover?  Too small?

Yup!

Offline Piobman

• Not Hurt By Pain
    • Riff Cover Art
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2010, 12:39:13 PM »

That would be too easy. Where's your sense of adventure!

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2010, 12:40:44 PM »

Yup!
So, make it Larger! :o

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2010, 01:01:00 PM »

Easier than grabbing something from Google Images?  At least with the RT poster, you can tell it's supposed to be RiffTrax related*.  ZING!!!

*Please don't take any offense to this.  My thought process to dvd covers is just different (not better or worse).  I was just wondering here.

Offline Piobman

• Not Hurt By Pain
    • Riff Cover Art
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2010, 01:23:22 PM »

Easier than grabbing something from Google Images?  At least with the RT poster, you can tell it's supposed to be RiffTrax related*.  ZING!!!

*Please don't take any offense to this.  My thought process to dvd covers is just different (not better or worse).  I was just wondering here.

Call me crazy, but I always found the rifftrax posters they use completely unrelated to the riff or even any jokes within the riff. They're just nonsensical images and I know a few guys around here who really dislike the bobblehead thing. The rifftrax covers are hit or miss for me for that reason.

I did replicate a few of the rifftrax presents covers that I thought were too awesome to pass up though (see my mathew elliott posters), but it takes an excessive amount of time trying to re-do another person's work completely from scratch! If you look closely at my work... you may notice I actually clean up noise/defects, adjust colors, and even levels for all of my posters. Not to mention removing the title/credits from a poster when necessary. So, its actually MORE work for me than just pasting the rifftrax posters to the front. Oh... and google images rarely yields high enough resolution images for me to want to use (I wish it did... my life wold be  a lot easier).

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2010, 01:54:20 PM »
Piobman, have you checked out Movieposterdb.com?

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2010, 02:07:37 PM »
Hey, that is my job, findng the hires posters and stills!

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2010, 07:49:40 PM »

Call me crazy, but I always found the rifftrax posters they use completely unrelated to the riff or even any jokes within the riff. They're just nonsensical images and I know a few guys around here who really dislike the bobblehead thing. The rifftrax covers are hit or miss for me for that reason.

I did replicate a few of the rifftrax presents covers that I thought were too awesome to pass up though (see my mathew elliott posters), but it takes an excessive amount of time trying to re-do another person's work completely from scratch! If you look closely at my work... you may notice I actually clean up noise/defects, adjust colors, and even levels for all of my posters. Not to mention removing the title/credits from a poster when necessary. So, its actually MORE work for me than just pasting the rifftrax posters to the front. Oh... and google images rarely yields high enough resolution images for me to want to use (I wish it did... my life wold be  a lot easier).
Cool.  Like I said, just wondering what the thought process is.  I'll look for those details.

Offline Piobman

• Not Hurt By Pain
    • Riff Cover Art
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2010, 08:36:42 PM »
Piobman, have you checked out Movieposterdb.com?

That is one place I definitely frequent a lot for hard to find stuff. The textless posters are awesome when they have them! Makes me want to go back to some of my older covers and use some of the alternate covers they have. I have a couple other sources (including bob) for the mainstream stuff.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2010, 05:33:44 PM »
So...