Author Topic: Clash of the Titans - RELEASE THE SAMPLE!!!!  (Read 2037 times)

Offline Thrashalla

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 616
Clash of the Titans - RELEASE THE SAMPLE!!!!
« on: October 20, 2010, 02:30:45 PM »
Full Riff out on 10/22!!!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/IVicRSITRCk?hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/IVicRSITRCk?hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

(Look kids, 720P!)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 03:01:10 PM by Thrashalla »
Any issues with the RiffTrax main page should be directed to support@rifftrax.com Attempts to engage with me directly about such matters will result in ridicule.

Offline byuni

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
  • I'm Bob Rifftrax!
Re: Clash of the Titans - RELEASE THE SAMPLE!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 04:47:34 PM »
Well, I already want it.

Offline Tony Farms AKA Puma Man

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 52
  • Anus Insurance?
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 05:20:50 PM »
Man, I don't know if I can take a third Rifftrax with Sam Worthington's no-acting ass.

Who am I kidding, I'll be one of the first to buy it.

Online Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5361
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 05:38:21 PM »
 :clap: :clap: Loved the Taz joke!

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1233
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2010, 07:07:20 PM »
Can there be a second riff where Disembodio squeaks nonstop in the background as a tribute to how annoying the first adaption was?
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline CJones

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 519
  • 5000 deaths and counting
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2010, 07:18:28 PM »
"Put it back in the mystical trunk of pandering."  :D

I can't believe they left out Bubo (the robotic owl). He was my favorite thing about the original hands down. And I loved that movie as a kid.

To be honest, I'd much rather they had chosen the original CotT to riff instead of this remake. The original was cheesy as hell, but it was also far more entertaining. Or at least more nostalgic. I really missed the whole "ring riddle" bit. Heck, Perseus doesn't even seen to care about Andromeda in this version. Presumably his love interest is the chick who fills the vacated role of the robot owl. Please tell me I'm not the only one who finds that marginally weird.     

It also has to be said that Maggie Smith as Thetis was just plain awesome (actually Maggie Smith is always awesome). As the "villain", she beats the hell out this guy playing the Shade from Eragon.. er.. I mean Hades. 

If I understand correctly, Bubo was originally supposed to be in the remake, but Sam Worthington objected. Something about him thinking acting with a robot owl would ruin his career..... Dude, you're famous for playing a huge blue guy, the Terminator in the worst Terminator movie, and now Perseus in a remake of a movie whose most memorable character was almost certainly the owl you insisted on axing. Not to mention you play the same character in every movie...

On an unrelated note, I can't look at Mads Mikkselsen anymore without thinking of Le Chiffre. Thank you Rifftrax.

Oh yeah: "Don't leave town or anything. That would be cheating"  :D