Author Topic: Re-authoring findings.  (Read 8481 times)

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 765
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
Re-authoring findings.
« on: September 24, 2010, 09:12:02 PM »
So my straight De-crypting of the DVD had some major sync issues. DVD-Shrink can't handle the copy protection. I then made a stand alone ISO with DVD FAB and so far everything seems all right.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Artie

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 293
  • The strongest man.... in the world!
    • The Film Monger
Re: Re-authoring findings.
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 07:16:20 AM »
I've been having audio to video sync issues.  The riffs lines up perfectly but put it all together and audio is about a second ahead of the video.

Was going to wipe everything out and start from scratch last night but my computer decided to keep freezing up and coughed up the "blue-screen-o-death" three times.  Must have been protesting having to work with this movie.
Yet another movie website - www.filmmonger.com

Offline Lemming Howard

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 178
  • God rest you Brother.
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 07:59:20 AM »
Every program I tried could not rip the netflix DVD.  Turns out the disk itself is too scratched up.  Is it any wonder I sometimes resort to piracy on the internet?
And I'm worse than Hitler.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2010, 08:07:06 AM »
I've been having audio to video sync issues.  The riffs lines up perfectly but put it all together and audio is about a second ahead of the video.

Was going to wipe everything out and start from scratch last night but my computer decided to keep freezing up and coughed up the "blue-screen-o-death" three times.  Must have been protesting having to work with this movie.

That was my issue as well. Once I made a new ISO with DVD FAB and then de-crypted the new ISO it all is in sync.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1513
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2010, 08:14:36 AM »
My PC is starting to crap out on me so I'm going to have to start doing these reauthors on my Mac again.  :grr: Time to go hunting for software...

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3894
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2010, 08:27:00 AM »
DVD Shrink has worked on most discs but I can always use Magic dvd ripper, dvd fab, and as a last resort - AnyDvd..
My long drawn out process capturing a burned dvd in Pinnacle Studio is still my standard of RiffTrax reauthors 8)

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2010, 08:34:05 AM »
What's wrong with AnyDVD?
It doesn't compress the movie to fit on a single-layer (4.7g) disc..

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2010, 09:14:45 AM »

AnyDVD is just used in the background to get rid of copy protection. You use it in conjunction with DVD Shrink or other rippers.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2010, 09:19:46 AM »

AnyDVD is just used in the background to get rid of copy protection. You use it in conjunction with DVD Shrink or other rippers.
Ah ok..
How exactly do you move the ripped files from AnyDVD into DVD Shrink to compress them to fit a single layer DVD?? :o

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2010, 10:24:31 AM »
Set up a folder on the hard drive, then start Anydvd.  It will run in the system tray. Right click on it to bring up the menu, and you can "rip dvd to disk" into that folder you set up with it. When it's done, you can navigate to that folder with DVD shrink.
Excellent! Sounds simple enough..
I will definitely give that a try :o

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2010, 10:36:24 AM »
I like AnyDVD when I'm just "backing up" because it removes all the annoying advertisements and warnings and jumps straight to the menu screen.  This won't be an issue with a re-author, but could be otherwise.
Yeah, same here..
Disney 'bombards' their DVD's with pointless crap like that :grr:

Offline jas722

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2010, 11:14:17 AM »
No issues here, everything went smoothly. I used anyDVD and The Sync lines matched up perfectly. I even left in a few of Disembaudio's lines becasue they were cracking me up.  ;D

Danecho1967

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2010, 11:37:43 AM »
No issues here, everything went smoothly. I used anyDVD and The Sync lines matched up perfectly. I even left in a few of Disembaudio's lines becasue they were cracking me up.  ;D

There were two distinct "I can't delete that" Disembaudio lines in this one.  They should do this more often.  Dis can be very funny when they use him correctly.

When he popped in to give the guys some snickerdoodles in "300", now that was classic.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1513
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2010, 08:51:10 AM »
I'm using the usual DVD Decrypter & GoldWave method & haven't had any issues so far. It ripped it without issue & the sync lines are matching up.

Offline TheUnabeefer

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 937
  • I am a flying cow... worship me or DIE!!!
    • The Unabeefer Beefs
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2010, 09:36:27 AM »
I'm using the usual DVD Decrypter & GoldWave method & haven't had any issues so far. It ripped it without issue & the sync lines are matching up.

I did straight DVD Decrypter too, had to kill about a minute and a half of silence from the end of the audio track and shove it at the beginning when i got back to the mix-down part.  The riffs synced fine, but getting the mixed audio to sync back up with the video required the slight adjustment.  :)
...and there he was, reigning supreme at number two.  The One... The Only... The Unabeefer.