Author Topic: What did you learn in High School?  (Read 17567 times)

Online Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3212
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
Re: What did we learn?
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2010, 09:26:00 AM »
I guess when it's all said and done, what I learned is that I'm not young anymore. But it's OK, because I also learned I don't want to be. Sure, our generation unleashed the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles trilogy on an unsuspecting world, but that doesn't seem so bad anymore. :^)

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5899
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2010, 09:31:39 AM »
I guess when it's all said and done, what I learned is that I'm not young anymore. But it's OK, because I also learned I don't want to be. Sure, our generation unleashed the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles trilogy on an unsuspecting world, but that doesn't seem so bad anymore. :^)
Heck, this is near Garbage Pail Kids:The Movie bad, but at least nobody in our generation liked that!

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2010, 09:55:13 AM »
Heck, this is near Garbage Pail Kids:The Movie bad, but at least nobody in our generation liked that!

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2010, 10:13:30 AM »
I learned that 1000 monkeys typing on 1000 typewriters will never produce the complete works of William Shakespeare, but they will produce High School Musical.

Offline Cosmic Muse

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 0
  • Dragon of Light
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2010, 04:56:15 PM »
Seriously, if you're going to set the thing in Albuquerque just 'cause the name rocks (Which it does), then like- Go there. Find out what it's LIKE. Try to make your movie look like that.

I have been informed with the strictest of confidence from my source that Bugs bunny did the location scouting on this movie.
Being a genocidal maniac is not one of my turn ons.

Is it weird to hear the Safety Dance in my head watching Game of Thrones?

Offline Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2010, 09:21:31 PM »
Seriously, if you're going to set the thing in Albuquerque just 'cause the name rocks (Which it does), then like- Go there. Find out what it's LIKE. Try to make your movie look like that.

I'm sure they did. Saw that it had all sorts of ethnic types and thought, "We can change that."

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2010, 10:02:51 PM »

I'm sure they did. Saw that it had all sorts of ethnic types and thought, "We can change that."
Again, then why set it in Alberquerque? I'm sure if they set it in a northern town where it would be mostly white people. Also, why make a movie set during January where it looks like summer all the time? There is no sense of time passage at all. Heck, even Twilight did that better!

Offline Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck

• Mr Bungle
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2010, 11:33:43 PM »
Also, why make a movie set during January where it looks like summer all the time?

Because they built those sound stages in Orlando as part of the MGM Disney park (or whatever they're calling it now) and....dammit....they're going to use them!!!!!

(actually, I don't know if they filmed it there or not)

Offline byuni

• Schnappi Supporter
  • I'm Bob Rifftrax!
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2010, 05:39:02 AM »
They filmed it in Utah, for whatever bizarre reason.

On the behalf of Salt Lake City, I apologize.  "Leaving Salt Lake City:  Always a good decision."

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2010, 12:20:16 PM »
I learned that a shy girl can get up in front of a crowd and instantly sing a flawless rendition of some shitty pop song on a karaoke machine.  Without even looking at the words for most of it!

Interesting quirk about my personality; I am painfully shy on a person to person basis, but when it comes to crowds, I'm very relaxed.  So naturally when I tried karaoke for the first time, I chose one of my favorite songs, (Barenaked Ladies "Falling for the First Time") which I had sung along to in my car several times and knew very well.  I did a pretty good job (I mean at keeping with the beat and singing the words, I'm sure that tonally, I sounded awful, but this isn't American Idol; it's karaoke).  Oh, and my second song that night was "One Week" which you may know has an extremely fast tempo.  The guy who wrote the song can't even keep up with it in karaoke.  I did okay on that too, it was a Hell of a lot of fun.  But it was hardly flawless, and I had to keep my eyes on the karaoke screen the whole time.

My friend K, on the other hand, is extremely shy in front of crowds, and seemed to get a bit of stage fright up there.  She barely stammered out a word when we did our duets.

Offline Moca Java

• Sparkles in Sunlight
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2010, 01:30:37 PM »
I could tell it wasn't Albuquerque. There were no shriners or lepers playing their ukuleles all day long, and NOT ONE PERSON offered to shave another's back for a nickel.

Wakka wakka do do, yeah.

:clap: :highfive:

Offline Tony Farms AKA Puma Man

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 53
  • Anus Insurance?
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2010, 06:13:02 PM »
I learned it takes no musical talent to be in a musical.  Seriously, I can see them casting Zac for the girls, but couldn't they at least get the other people to able to carry a tune in a bucket?

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2010, 07:21:07 AM »
I learned it takes no musical talent to be in a musical.  Seriously, I can see them casting Zac for the girls, but couldn't they at least get the other people to able to carry a tune in a bucket?

Well I'm pretty tone deaf, so unless singing is ear bleedingly bad, I can't tell.  So they all seemed to be doing okay to me.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2010, 09:20:39 AM »

Well I'm pretty tone deaf, so unless singing is ear bleedingly bad, I can't tell.  So they all seemed to be doing okay to me.
Yeah, they certainly weren't really good, but they could sing a little. It's just that some of the songs in particular were just so horribly written they had no chance.

Offline emerson999

• Disembaudio's Squadio
Re: What did you learn in High School?
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2010, 02:55:03 AM »
By being too lazy to turn the dvd off as the credits rolled, I learned that becoming a chef enables you to create cookies made out of pure sexual lust. I'm slightly worried about what happened to the brother too, given that they went off together with said lust cookies but only she returned.