login

Author Topic: Compatible with Remix version?  (Read 1662 times)

Offline Behonkiss

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 0
    • Escapist
Compatible with Remix version?
« on: September 24, 2010, 02:45:45 PM »
I'm "lucky" enough to have my sister's copy of the movie in our house, which would definitely save me time and dignity getting another one.  The problem is that it's the High School Musical Remix Edition, and I haven't been able to find any info on if it has a different cut or the movie or if it's just a fancy way of saying Special Edition.  Does anyone know?

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 995
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
Re: Compatible with Remix version?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 03:14:39 PM »
I'm "lucky" enough to have my sister's copy of the movie in our house, which would definitely save me time and dignity getting another one.  The problem is that it's the High School Musical Remix Edition, and I haven't been able to find any info on if it has a different cut or the movie or if it's just a fancy way of saying Special Edition.  Does anyone know?

According to Amazon's listing:

Two versions of the film - original and sing-along

So, it looks like it'll work. But you'll probably have to be the guinea pig to confirm that.

Offline Scribblesense

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 2
  • I use every color in the box. At once.
Re: Compatible with Remix version?
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 05:24:51 PM »
I think the Remix edition is just higher quality picture and sound. I wouldn't expect them to recut or add additional scenes so they only way to find out is to test it.

I just watched the Encore edition (which, I believe, was the first DVD release of the movie, actually) and it synced up fine; just so everyone knows.
"Hey, you kids! Those boxes are for shipping! Not for creating a world of pure imagination!"