login

Author Topic: In an alternate universe...  (Read 4304 times)

Offline BBQ Platypus

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 59
  • SURF'S UP, SPACE PONIES!
Re: In an alternate universe...
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2010, 05:28:27 PM »
In another alternate universe, football was never invented. It is a very happy universe.

In an alternate universe, people who dislike sports are THROWN INTO DEATH CAMPS. 

(And this applies to ANY sport.  People who dislike any sport must die.  And NASCAR counts as a sport in this universe, so if it's any consolation, I'd be going with you.  I don't make the rules of this alternate universe).
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 05:31:32 PM by The Doctor (BBQ) »
Correction: the coat hanger should be upside down.

Offline LordZordec

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2010, 08:17:20 PM »
In an alternate universe, MST3k was picked up by NBC as a midseason replacement for ER and ran for 15 seasons until Mike Nelson left to be a big-screen action hero actor and was replaced by some no-name called Geaorge Clooney.  The show is canceled a year later.
"I love you Braaaaaaaaaak!!!"

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 498
  • Show yourself! Otherwise, we'll kill some diffrum!
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2010, 08:43:44 PM »
In an alternate universe, MST3k was picked up by NBC as a midseason replacement for ER and ran for 15 seasons until Mike Nelson left to be a big-screen action hero actor and was replaced by some no-name called Geaorge Clooney.  The show is canceled a year later three episodes later.

Fixed it for ya.  ;)

Offline doctorhu

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
  • Nobody lends money to a man with a sense of humor.
    • Frighteningly Pretentious Komix!
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2010, 09:37:58 PM »
In an alternate universe, the U.S. is really phenomenally good at this game called "Cricket," but no other country in the world can understand the attraction. Instead, those countries are very heavily invested in Curling.

Nah. There's got to be a limit to quantum superpositions somewhere.
--
"Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer!" Yes, that Rudolph! A three-riffer joint from The Kids on the Street!
http://bit.ly/ece9kA

"Dining Together" still in iRiffs!
http://bit.ly/bfWs6l

"A Case For Beer," in the iRiffs store!
http://bit.ly/diRymh

Offline LordZordec

• Big Montana
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2010, 05:26:19 AM »
In an alternate universe, MST3k was picked up by NBC as a midseason replacement for ER and ran for 15 seasons until Mike Nelson left to be a big-screen action hero actor and was replaced by some no-name called Geaorge Clooney.  The show is canceled a year later three episodes later.

Fixed it for ya.  ;)

In an alternate universe that would have been gramatically correct and made sense as is.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6261
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2010, 05:41:07 AM »
In an alternate universe, MST3k was picked up by NBC as a midseason replacement for ER and ran for 15 seasons until Mike Nelson left to be a big-screen action hero actor and was replaced by some no-name called Geaorge Clooney.  The show is canceled a year later.
Ooh! Ooh! Can I live in that universe?!

Offline LordZordec

• Big Montana
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2010, 05:42:49 AM »
Ooh! Ooh! Can I live in that universe?!

You already do, but because of your presence in this universe, the timeline was shifted and these events didnt happen.  Way to go!

Offline Bus Taker

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 110
  • "We're a danger to ourselves and others"
    • Music site
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2010, 11:33:54 PM »
In an alternate universe, roads are red, grass is yellow, trees are black, water is green...... wait a minute...... I think I just described Pennsylvania.  ;D
"I can't complain but sometimes I still do, life's been good to me so far." - Joe Walsh

Offline Minnesota

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 4
  • Twins Territory
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2010, 12:23:30 AM »
In an alternate universe, roads are red, grass is yellow, trees are black, water is green...... wait a minute...... I think I just described Pennsylvania.  ;D

In an alternate universe the planet stayed purple :D (http://www.livescience.com/environment/070410_purple_earth.html)

Offline LordZordec

• Big Montana
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2010, 05:45:55 AM »

In an alternate universe the planet stayed purple :D (http://www.livescience.com/environment/070410_purple_earth.html)

Is this the universe where the rain actually is purple?

UncleDes

« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2010, 05:47:47 AM »

Is this the universe where the rain actually is purple?

Yeah: it's the one with just one tiny inhabitant:

Offline LordZordec

• Big Montana
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2010, 07:41:11 PM »
Yes, on his purple planet, you dont have to be cool to rule his world...

Offline Scribblesense

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 2
  • I use every color in the box. At once.
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2010, 02:39:20 PM »
In an alternate universe, a young Bruce Wayne caught a fever the night his parents were going to take him to the movie theater to see The Mask of Zorro, and he was forced to stay home.

So the Waynes gave their tickets to their loyal butler, Alfred, who took his ladyfriend... um, Alfredia. They were mugged, and after a tussle Alfredia was shot and mortally wounded, causing Alfred the butler to swear vengeance, traveling the globe in search of answers.

Meanwhile, Bruce contributes a number of innovative ideas to his father's company, rocketing them to the top of the business world in Electronics, Automotives, Medical Supplies, and whatever the hell else they do. He inherits his father's position when he retires, and quickly becomes a global icon known most of all for his philanthropy and wild, rogue billionaire behavior.

Alfred returns to Gotham City, armed with a world of knowledge and intellect rivaling the greatest minds on the planet, and with the help of his employer and benefactor Bruce Wayne begins to tackle Gotham's underworld in the guise of... The BatButler.

Also, everybody has a pet giraffe.
"Hey, you kids! Those boxes are for shipping! Not for creating a world of pure imagination!"

Offline daltysmilth

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 45
  • This is MY Enterprise. Eat it, Abrams!
    • My Space
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2010, 02:52:22 PM »
In an alternate universe, Michael Bay is known as a master craftsman as a filmmaker, directing mostly small, character-driven pieces with tiny budgets.  In this universe, his films are critically acclaimed, and have deeply devoted audiences who wonder why he has yet to win an Academy AwardTM.

In another alternate universe, Michael Bay was a customer service associate at one of the Blockbusters that just closed.
CROW:  (Sinisterly) The Secret Government Eggo Project...
--Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie

"Jason, Chess is a game of chance."
-- My friend Shawn to my friend Jason upon being defeated at a game of Chess.

http://gh.ffshrine.org?r=112104

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6261
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2010, 04:14:46 PM »
In an alternate universe, Michael Bay is known as a master craftsman as a filmmaker, directing mostly small, character-driven pieces with tiny budgets.  In this universe, his films are critically acclaimed, and have deeply devoted audiences who wonder why he has yet to win an Academy AwardTM.

In another alternate universe, Michael Bay was a customer service associate at one of the Blockbusters that just closed.
:D
For some reason this made me think of the evil Michael Bay (the one from our universe) going to parallel universes and killing his alternates to become a more powerfully bad director. Like Jet Li in The One.