login

Author Topic: "Game of Thrones" - HBO Series Coming in 2011  (Read 124087 times)

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5867
  • Mr. Robot
Re: "Game of Thrones" - HBO Series Coming in 2011
« Reply #810 on: September 28, 2017, 05:43:32 AM »
seeing the "Magnificent Seven" in the North was fantastic--the history between the characters coming out in the dialog, etc.

This was easily my favourite part of the season.  I feel like the show has been going a little too far in fan service and trying to give fans what they want to see, that the actual story sometimes suffered for it.  Here, though, it was the best of both worlds.  As you said, the history and even though it turned out that
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

it doesn't take away from the powerful emotional scene between her and Tyrion.  As horrifying as Cersei is, this scene allowed us to see her as not just an ambitious Lady MacBeth-type and give her a lot more complexity.

That said, I was a little disappointed that the show didn't decide to have

Offline anais.butterfly

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1382
  • Monkey Brains!
« Reply #811 on: September 29, 2017, 07:57:39 AM »
Euron is a perfect example of how....not as talented the TV show people are vs. Martin. They created a bad guy and give him no depth ONLY so he can assist our true villain who is awesome and has been well developed up until this past season. Euron is not getting more development in the tv show.

Anais is the Coolest Butterfly I know  ;D

Offline Imrahil

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 7914
« Reply #812 on: September 29, 2017, 10:24:42 AM »
Euron's a shitbag in the books too. If anything, the TV characters are all more likeable than their literary counterparts.

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #813 on: September 29, 2017, 11:31:13 AM »
I think Euron is supposed to be hosting the Westeros version of the Piper's Pit.

Also, I'm beginning to think there's some sort of rule that the show has to have at least one super villain with no redeeming qualities whatsoever and Euron happens to be the most ridiculous of them.

Offline Pastor of Muppets

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 400
  • Now available in minty fresh flavor.
« Reply #814 on: September 29, 2017, 11:46:18 AM »
I watched the two episodes that Rifftrax covered.  I don't really want to follow this show, and sometimes I feel like I'm the only person who doesn't.  It's too sad for me, and I don't like sad things.  I watch TV to feel good and watch good triumph over evil.
I'm not particularly religious, and I don't really like Muppets, but I do love word play.

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3596
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #815 on: September 29, 2017, 01:43:55 PM »
Is it just me, or is it weird how quickly everyone has been travelling in the show?  I think it started when Varys was suddenly moving between Westeros and Easteros. Now everyone is doing it.  The Unsullied are here, now they're there.  Jon's in the North, now the South, now the North, now the South.  People keep popping up in places where they shouldn't be, and it often seems like it's the next day.

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #816 on: September 29, 2017, 02:36:05 PM »
Yeah, it's pretty inconsistent, especially since it took characters a long time to get from here to there in previous season.

Offline Russoguru

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 844
  • Define lunch or be disintegrated!
« Reply #817 on: September 29, 2017, 02:54:40 PM »
I watched the two episodes that Rifftrax covered.  I don't really want to follow this show, and sometimes I feel like I'm the only person who doesn't.  It's too sad for me, and I don't like sad things.  I watch TV to feel good and watch good triumph over evil.
I understand where you're coming from. It took a long time, but eventually the good guys prevailed.

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #818 on: September 29, 2017, 03:36:35 PM »
I understand where you're coming from. It took a long time, but eventually the good guys prevailed.

If they're still making new episodes of the show, you don't know that.
I'm not particularly religious, and I don't really like Muppets, but I do love word play.

Offline Russoguru

« Reply #819 on: September 29, 2017, 03:39:25 PM »
They are as of now currently prevailing.

• Not Hurt By Pain
I changed the subject line because 2011 was 6 years ago.
« Reply #820 on: September 29, 2017, 03:52:58 PM »
Anyway, here are some interesting Game of Thrones related videos.

I think I like the official opening better.

I love a good supercut.

This explains why I get so many lamps from strangers.

Some people have amazing Minecraft skills.

Good guy.  Very giving.

Offline anais.butterfly

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1382
  • Monkey Brains!
« Reply #821 on: September 29, 2017, 05:17:19 PM »
They are as of now currently prevailing.

There are plenty of awesome battles that the good guys have prevailed over, but I completely understand. That is exactly why I didn't want to watch it for so long, plus the op-eds on the rape scenes. That being said, I am currently enjoying it. I would recommend waiting until the end though. I loathe not binge-watching shows.
Anais is the Coolest Butterfly I know  ;D

Offline Ortega

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 36
    • Ortega's Covers
« Reply #822 on: September 30, 2017, 08:51:18 AM »

I have a theory about Jamie.  I'm not sure how right i might be about it, but i think it might happen. 

With Jamie where he is in the show right now, i don't know how right i am, but i think it males thematic sense.

Offline Imrahil

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 7914
« Reply #823 on: September 30, 2017, 10:38:23 PM »
Yeah, that last part has been pretty telegraphed to me for awhile.

Offline Russoguru

« Reply #824 on: October 01, 2017, 01:08:16 AM »
I want to see a scene next season where Sansa and Arya execute judgement on Jaime for crippling Bran.