login

Author Topic: Stinger!!!  (Read 13728 times)

Offline Minnesota

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 4
  • Twins Territory
Re: Stinger!!!
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2007, 11:01:07 AM »

2. "We don't piss on  hospitality."
3. "nilbog is goblin spelled backwards!"

I'd go with one of these two

Offline Rattrap007

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 22
  • Decepticons forever!
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2007, 02:23:52 AM »
Yeah, I second the "Oh my gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahd." 
Put me down for the Oh my gaaaaaaad scene.

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 177
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2007, 04:25:51 PM »
I think it has to be when they are eating the corn and all of a sudden popcorn explodes everywhere. 

Offline BobEvil

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2007, 04:47:44 PM »
If anyone can explain that...or why the bologna sandwhich stopped them (or where the hell it came from...), I'd be grateful. Here are my guesses

1) He turned into popcorn?

2) They're vegetarians and even watching someone else eat meat hurts?
"And when I get angry, things begin to happen!"

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2007, 05:25:59 AM »
I thought the popcorn thing was that they were so "hot" having sex that they made the ears of corn pop.   Of course, there was more popcorn there than the ears of corn could have provided, but who's counting?

I dont understand the pain caused by someone else eating meat.    They are a lot like censors that way.   "Not only we will not do it, you should not either".

Offline BobEvil

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2007, 10:33:16 AM »
  They are a lot like censors that way.   "Not only we will not do it, you should not either".

:clap: I think that just made my day.

Anyways, as for the popcorn thing...that seems reasonable too, but I just don't quite a) why it happened and b) what the end result was there

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2007, 10:36:50 AM »

Anyways, as for the popcorn thing...that seems reasonable too, but I just don't quite a) why it happened and b) what the end result was there

I think this was their love child

Offline BobEvil

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2007, 06:31:44 AM »
*lets out a good, long laugh* Ok...that is good stuff there, PSL. Imagine the horror film that could be made from that scenario....having to live with creepy, over-acting lady as a mother. Ew. By a lot.

Offline Fuzzy Necromancer

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2007, 10:51:17 AM »
I thought the popcorn thing was that they were so "hot" having sex that they made the ears of corn pop.   Of course, there was more popcorn there than the ears of corn could have provided, but who's counting?

I dont understand the pain caused by someone else eating meat.    They are a lot like censors that way.   "Not only we will not do it, you should not either".

I think it's because it fits with the overall theme of depicting vegetarians as evil subhumans.

Bologna is not only meat, but heavily processed meat, so it goes against the "organic" idea, and because he was eating it that meant his flesh would be "tainted" so they couldn't go for him. There was also the bit with him warding them off with it, the same way you hold back a gargoyle with a holy symbol.

So, there is no god, no heaven or hell, just undifferentiated witchcraft/vegan magic, marginally dead grandfathers, and deli meats.
Love doesn't hurt. It kills.

"Where there's smoke, there's a smoke-making machine."

Offline Hobbit

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2007, 11:42:21 AM »

I think it's because it fits with the overall theme of depicting vegetarians as evil subhumans.

Bologna is not only meat, but heavily processed meat, so it goes against the "organic" idea, and because he was eating it that meant his flesh would be "tainted" so they couldn't go for him. There was also the bit with him warding them off with it, the same way you hold back a gargoyle with a holy symbol.

So, there is no god, no heaven or hell, just undifferentiated witchcraft/vegan magic, marginally dead grandfathers, and deli meats.

They could have at least struck a chord with real men by replacing the stupid bologna sandwich (I'll admit, I eat 'em, too, but they're considered a pretty childish lunch) with beef jerky, food of real men everywhere.  I'm pretty sure that when this world is said and done, Jesus, Moses, Gregory Peck, Charlton Heston, Sean Connery, and I will all spend at least a few hours sitting around a fire, eating beef jerky, and talking about how awesomely manly we are.  Maddox would also be invited.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2007, 11:47:55 AM »
The movie would have been THE BEST MOVIE EVER if they could of all been rescued by Macho Man Randy Savage.   His catch phrase while defeating the goblins trolls would have been "Snap into a Slim Jim, oh yeaaaaaaaah"

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2007, 06:39:29 PM »
Wow. I think this is the one-in-a-lifetime incident where commanding somebody to snap into a Slim Jim is thematically appropriate, what with the whole anti-vegan theme.

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2007, 06:42:03 PM »

They could have at least struck a chord with real men by replacing the stupid bologna sandwich (I'll admit, I eat 'em, too, but they're considered a pretty childish lunch) with beef jerky, food of real men everywhere.  I'm pretty sure that when this world is said and done, Jesus, Moses, Gregory Peck, Charlton Heston, Sean Connery, and I will all spend at least a few hours sitting around a fire, eating beef jerky, and talking about how awesomely manly we are.  Maddox would also be invited.

Well, I think they chose bologna because the film also had a strong anti organic/health food angle, and bologna is about as highly processed as meat gets. Anyway, the protagonist was a 10-year old boy, a type of person who is not famous for being a "real man".

...either way, we are reading waaaaayyy more into this than Joe D'amato or whatever the director-producer-writer-cretin's  current pseudonym is.

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2007, 10:37:31 AM »
The movie would have been THE BEST MOVIE EVER if they could of all been rescued by Macho Man Randy Savage.   His catch phrase while defeating the goblins trolls would have been "Snap into a Slim Jim, oh yeaaaaaaaah"

YOU SHUT YOUR FILTHY MOUTH! You know goddamn good and well there's no trolls in this movie!
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2007, 10:50:23 AM »

YOU SHUT YOUR FILTHY MOUTH! You know goddamn good and well there's no trolls in this movie!

There would have been, but he scared them all away.   I am sure that the next Troll  movie will deliver trolls in buckets...