login

Author Topic: Dr. Who anyone?  (Read 230236 times)

Offline PsypherPunk

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 0
    • PsypherPunk
Re: Dr. Who anyone?
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2007, 01:35:27 AM »
   What are the Big Finish productions?   Are those the audio-only stories?  If so, how many of them have there been, which Doctors are represented and are they available through Amazon?   
     Do those include Slipback?  I think that's the right title.  I heard part of it on a public radio station years ago with Colin Baker and Nicola something as Peri, but never did hear the whole thing.

Yeah, those are the audio-only ones. There's a full list over at the Big Finish website.

There are currently 92 releases in the 'monthly' series, plus assorted others (including the 'Unbound' series with various other actors as The Doctor, including Rifftrax-favourite David Warner).

Offline omninaut

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • I LIVE !
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2007, 09:02:06 PM »
Each doctor was good for the time (our time) in which they were introduced. I have fondness for the 2nd and 4th doctors. Though I am a fan of Doctor Who, I do think that a British MST could have a wonderful time at riffing that series.

Offline Fuzzy Necromancer

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 10
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2007, 12:52:14 PM »
I dunno. I thought  the second doctor was a bit flat in his performance.
Love doesn't hurt. It kills.

"Where there's smoke, there's a smoke-making machine."

Offline PsypherPunk

• Big Montana
    • PsypherPunk
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2007, 03:53:47 AM »
I heard another one that featured doctors 5, 6, and 7, and that was pretty good. Had a very Douglas Adams-y feel. 

Might have to listen to that one. I'm planning on working my way through the Eighth Doctor's series - I've always been curious to see what might have been if the TV series had been commissioned back then.

Offline Oceaniclost

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2007, 03:03:23 AM »
Here is a website with a COMPLETE timeline for all audios, comics, novels, tv movies, and EVERY episode of Dr. Who.

If you want to watch Dr. Who the right way, go by this!!

Dr. Who timeline

I just started Dr. Who (2005) and am LOVVVVVING IT!!
I'm just about to start with the older Doctor Who..every episode(even the lost episodes they are trying to recover from only the audios left over)..during the summer.

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 281
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2007, 03:21:26 AM »
Oh forgot about this thread, seems a good place to plug Luke's new song that he released to tie in with the start of the new season.

<a href="http://www.thefump.com/embedded_player.swf?fumpID=58" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.thefump.com/embedded_player.swf?fumpID=58</a>

Offline dignan

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 3
  • If Val's happy, I'm happy!
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2007, 04:06:51 AM »
So, anyone see Smith and Jones yet?  I thought it was a pretty decent introduction for Martha Jones.  She's plucky.  I like that.

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 281
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2007, 05:33:02 AM »
I don't think my flatmate has downloaded it yet, I will check when I get home.

Offline PsypherPunk

• Big Montana
    • PsypherPunk
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2007, 03:55:12 AM »
So, anyone see Smith and Jones yet?  I thought it was a pretty decent introduction for Martha Jones.  She's plucky.  I like that.

Yeah, thought it was a pretty good episode. She's certainly less annoying that Piper's constant chants of "Dok-tah!".

Offline Oceaniclost

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2007, 12:33:18 PM »
I'm almost up with Season 3. I just finished season 2 episode 10 "Love and Monsters" which was REALLY horrible.
I lOVED season 2 up till now.
All TV shows have bad episodes. here's hoping Season 2 ends nice.

Im so excited to be caught up with Season 3

Offline PsypherPunk

• Big Montana
    • PsypherPunk
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2007, 01:05:11 PM »
I'm almost up with Season 3. I just finished season 2 episode 10 "Love and Monsters" which was REALLY horrible.

You really didn't like that one? I admit the 'villain' of the piece (i.e., Peter Kay, of whom I'm not a big fan) was pretty lacklustre but I felt that the story was strong enough (the average person's obsession with The Doctor - who can't relate to that?) and the overall message sufficiently bittersweet to carry it. Okay, it was done with all the subtlelty of a sledgehammer but that's the 21st Century Doctor for you.

Plus, how can you not love the "...the real world is much stranger than that; it is so much darker, madder, and so much better" refrain?

Offline Oceaniclost

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2007, 04:22:32 PM »
I guess it was the villian and the silly ending with the girl
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I really wanted to like that episode.

Offline kodiakthejuggler

• Dragon Ryder
  • >Insert Obscure Reference<
    • It's All Geek To Me
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2007, 02:05:31 AM »
The recent episode "Gridlock" was awesome!!

I admit I wasn't all that excited about seeing it after watching the previews, but story and execution was flawless!!

Offline Douglin

• Big Montana
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2007, 03:07:06 AM »
For the love of....!

The Radio Times is the worst when it come to keeping it's mouth shut and letting people be surprised by tv shows.

Season 3 episode 4/5 spoiler....seriously

On the front cover, millions of people are going to see this in the shops over the next week and I bet it won't even be revealed till the last 30 seconds of episode 4.

They did the same thing with the cybermen in season 2, I know they're trying to get people interested in the show but it would be nice to try and at least maintain a bit of suspense for the fans.  I don't really mind spoilers but I bet this could ruin the episode for some people.

(For those that don't know, the Radio Times is a popular 'tv guide' magazine in the UK)

Offline Fuzzy Necromancer

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 10
« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2007, 05:41:22 PM »
I hate involuntary spoilers. >.< Ones where instead of saying "The skinny on the new episode of Dr. Who Inside" they just shove it into your face like a street-vendor shoving their wares into your face.
Love doesn't hurt. It kills.

"Where there's smoke, there's a smoke-making machine."