Author Topic: Now that the gamera movies are available on DVD...  (Read 2556 times)

Offline crushersteve

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
Now that the gamera movies are available on DVD...
« on: August 06, 2010, 08:00:15 AM »
Now that the gamera movies are available on DVD, we know the whole Sandy Frank thing will make them unavailable as MST3K versions. Is it possible that the audio tracks of the MST3K episodes would be available in Rifftrax form?

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 768
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
Re: Now that the gamera movies are available on DVD...
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 10:04:21 AM »
Now that the gamera movies are available on DVD, we know the whole Sandy Frank thing will make them unavailable as MST3K versions. Is it possible that the audio tracks of the MST3K episodes would be available in Rifftrax form?

Doubt it since they were edited pretty heavily to be aired on MST and the new DVDs (at least the first one) don't have the awful dubbed tracks. Also, at this point and time Sandy Frank has absolutely nothing to do with getting those episodes released. The decision rests solely with the Japanese studio and they have refused Shout's request.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Imrahil

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 7914
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 10:45:34 AM »

Offline Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2010, 03:55:16 PM »
Everything I've read says Sandy Frank does still have something to do with it since he was the one who produced those "awful dubbed tracks" so as to market the films and TV shows like "Might Jack" here.

Unless the studio did something very intelligent and made their agreement that all those performances become theirs too when Frank's rights ran out....but they're so awful why would they.....then Shout! would have to get both his and the studio's permission.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 768
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 08:22:51 PM »
Everything I've read says Sandy Frank does still have something to do with it since he was the one who produced those "awful dubbed tracks" so as to market the films and TV shows like "Might Jack" here.

Unless the studio did something very intelligent and made their agreement that all those performances become theirs too when Frank's rights ran out....but they're so awful why would they.....then Shout! would have to get both his and the studio's permission.

I asked the guy who produces all the MST3K discs for Shout if Sandy Frank would have anything at all to do with releasing the episodes and he said no.  It is all up to the Japanese studio.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com